Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted GHOST1125's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHOST1125

Staff Member
Username: GHOST1125

Name
† GHO$T † R.I.P

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year? yes

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Have you read the forum guide on how to apply? Yes

If you have ever played on a Blackwonder server, you will have had a user profile automatically generated on tfstats.tf. Locate and link your tfstats profile here. https://tfstats.tf/player/11237135

Your SteamID2
[U:1:1014998128]

Your DiscordID
GHO$T#4799

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
for about 3 years I was one of the main administrators of the discord server for the STALKRAFT project. I have been the administrator of another discord server for streams for about 4 years. did not participate in the administration of game servers as a black wonder.

On what servers do you usually play on, and which servers would you like to moderate?
I play a lot on 100% orange crit servers. sometimes I can play the turbine.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I've seen quite a lot of crit cheaters lately. after looking at the entire list of admins, I realized that maybe you need new administrators to control the servers. it often happened that when you write "! call admin" and the administrators do not come for 3 hours or more, and the suspects continued to annoy other players and black wonder users.

Do you know or have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you know or have spoken to
Dagger sable

How often do you play TF2?
every day I play at least 4-6 hours and this is when there are few people, when there are a lot of people, I can play for 16 hours

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the servers you want to moderate
to begin with, I would give 2 warnings in the direction of the accused. if the user ignores these warnings, then send the fully completed report form to the journal and block the accused user. if the blocked user believes that he was blocked without good reason or evidence - let him turn to the main black wonder site.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Yes

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Russian language

seraphina

woman
Staff Member
Admin
Hi! Just gonna go over a few things.

1684703914836.png

Good playtime, active sessions

No prior punishments

Don't see you in our discord as of now

Chatlogs are overall okay, could use some work
English Chatlogs are rather unkind
1684704967690.png
Given lots of your chatlogs are in Russian, if you would mind explaining these, that'd be great
1684705132424.png
1684705464603.png
1684705812514.png

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the servers you want to moderate
to begin with, I would give 2 warnings in the direction of the accused. if the user ignores these warnings, then send the fully completed report form to the journal and block the accused user. if the blocked user believes that he was blocked without good reason or evidence - let him turn to the main black wonder site.
It is not clear to me that you know what the rules, punishments, or respective lengths are. 2 warnings -> Punishment is not applicable to everything either. For example, how would you go about punishing a hacker? What if you see an NSFW spray? This section needs work. Feel free to edit your application to include any missing information.

GHOST1125

Staff Member
hi Seraphina, Russian language is so hard, and
if you translate each as if literally, then there will be confusion, but I can translate these messages:
1 sundress, meet this zincam, he plays the demo.
2 I don't care (Russian meme about Ryan Gosling)
3 I don't care
4 I don't care
5 jesus, he tries so hard
6 change the subject
7 Damn you are stupid
8 why the hell do you change the subject so often
9 Damn.

to be honest, I did not understand what exactly should be written in the punishment on my server. if you need to write a punishment corresponding to your template - if the player uses cheats, then accordingly you need to record a demonstration in which the cheats are clearly visible.

Hi! Just gonna go over a few things.

View attachment 32286
Good playtime, active sessions

No prior punishments

Don't see you in our discord as of now

Chatlogs are overall okay, could use some work
English Chatlogs are rather unkind
Given lots of your chatlogs are in Russian, if you would mind explaining these, that'd be great

It is not clear to me that you know what the rules, punishments, or respective lengths are. 2 warnings -> Punishment is not applicable to everything either. For example, how would you go about punishing a hacker? What if you see an NSFW spray? This section needs work. Feel free to edit your application to include any missing information.
As for sprays, I have not yet had the experience of inadmissible sprays being applied somewhere.
for any cheats or third-party programs for an advantage over other players, I would give a ban.
Oh yes! i write "e z" only when a player starts insulting someone, very often he wrote this in the direction of cheaters, because they started to insult me because - when a cheater enters crits, and I and my friends are sure of this, then I take a medic with a vaccinator, and my friend takes a demo with a stickybomb launcher, and we, like artillery, throw crit stickies at a cheater.
I communicate in Russian with my friends, because it takes a long time to write in English. they are mostly not Russian but understand this language well.
if I need to memorize all the punishments in tf2 well, then I can do it.
but I have a very tough attitude towards hackers and cheaters, sitting on this server for 2 years, they disgust me.
i was in your discord, but recently my discord got stuck a bit and got out of some servers, but at the moment i'm back in the black wonder discord.
there is one more caveat, my laptop is a bit injured and it might break, but it doesn't take more than 3 hours to fix it.
now about the chat, if for example I see insults addressed to someone - I would give the accused a chat mut for a few hours.
the same thing I would do if I saw ads for cheaters or third party programs.
a couple of questions - how many hours per week should i be in admin at least, the manual said 72 hours.
and how many punishments I have to endure, for example, per week, I understand that there are different people and so on, well, using your example, how many punishments do you endure per week?
Let's say I became an admin, what will affect my reputation?
who or what exactly bans cheaters or violators of the rules, as far as I remember in the manual it was written that you need to write down the old version of STEAMID, and then the console or bot will automatically block this user.
and what should I do if I see, for example, a spray that breaks the rules?

DaggerSable

Bodyshot Machine
Staff Member
Admin
Hello Ghost.

As you listed me as a staff member you talked to prior to applying (which I can confirm via the attached photo), I wanted to share my thoughts on your application.

As touched on by Sera, in general you appear to have more than sufficient playtime and relatively clean chat logs. Personally, I'd like to see some more involvement with the community, such as utilizing !calladmin on the servers or #requesthelp on the Discord, and posting player reports on the forums. I think it would help your application immensely if you started doing these things while it's being considered.

Your initial application was a little bare-bones as far as detailed and complete answers go, which is something I did notify you about when we spoke on Steam. Your response to Sera does raise a couple questions from me, including bringing into question if you really did read the "How to apply" guide here.

1 - There is no minimum time required to moderate the servers each week. The time volunteered by our staff team is not mandatory, it's simply appreciated. 72 hours is more than a full-time job in most countries, and would be extremely unreasonable of us to expect of virtually anyone for a videogame.

2 - There's no telling how many punishments we issue on any given week. It heavily depends on the server, times you play, and (of course) human element of just how boisterous our playerbase chooses to be that day. It does kind of interest me that you bring it up, though, I like that inquisitivity.

3 -
Let's say I became an admin, what will affect my reputation?
Can you please expound upon this question? I don't quite understand what you're asking here.

4 - This will tie your response, as well as your original response under
Usually, one warning is enough. Doing it through two different avenues, such as a documented warning using "sm_warn", or a more visible one directly to the user using "sm_psay". Between your initial response and your reply to Sera, I'd like to ask: Have you used commands in Valve-related games before in any form of moderating? If not, that's completely fine. If your application is accepted, we have many resources to help you learn the system.

5 -
and what should I do if I see, for example, a spray that breaks the rules?
This is a little concerning to me. After 17 days on our server, as well as claiming to have read and comprehend the rules, I feel that you should probably know about spraybans. I would highly suggest reviewing the rules, as well as possibly looking at other accepted staff applications to get a feel for how we handle varying situations.

There's a lot to be reviewed and discuss here. Overall, I think you have a semi-solid application, just there's some points that certainly need clarifying.

At this time, my opinion on your application is neutral. I currently cannot express support for it, nor can I say there's anything that particularly strikes me as problematic. My final opinion will be based on your response (if any).

Thank you for applying, and I wish you luck.

Attachments

• Ghost.png
    Ghost.png
    287.9 KB · Views: 56

GHOST1125

Staff Member
hello daggerSable! about sprays, I found a separate reminder on your site, here is a small list of commands.
sm_spraytrace - Trace the owner of the spray you're looking at, and open the punishment menu.
sm_removespray - Remove the spray you're looking at and open the punishment menu.
sm_qremovespray - Removes the spray you're looking at and doesn't open the punishment menu.
sm_removeallsprays - Removes all the sprays on the map at once.
sm_adminspray <Steam_ID/Name> - Spray the persons spray where you are looking.
sm_sprayban - Ban the user from spraying. Ever.
sm_sprayunban <Steam_ID/Name> - Unban a Spray Banned user.
sm_offlinesprayban <Steam_ID> [Name] - Spray ban someone not on the server.
sm_spraybans - Shows a list of currently connected spray banned players.
As for punishments, I thought that it all depends on the activity of the players on the server.
about reputation - I wanted to ask what will affect my reputation if I become an admin - so, for example, I banned a cheater on the server, will this affect my reputation in a good way?
ahh yes! I have never used commands in valve games, but I want to learn, if you have such sources, can I have a look?
in my opinion, if a player sprayed an unacceptable spray, then you need to
a) remove the spray and give a warning to the player who sprayed this spray
b) if the player ignores warnings - give him a sprayban through the command.
c) if the player goes to the black wonder site and apologizes - unban the player in the sprayban
e) if the player is again seen in such actions, then the unbanspray will be rejected in the next visit to the site.
about call admin! I wrote this command if I ran into problems on the server where I played, but alas, the admins did not come even after a few hours, and I had to leave the server until the cheater himself left. and here's the requesthelp! I honestly recently found out that it is possible to write reports on violators on the site, because I recently registered on the site and found your discord server
By the way, about the IP servers that I would like to moderate:
157.90.177.48:27095
157.90.177.48:27050

DaggerSable

Bodyshot Machine
Staff Member
Admin
Thank you for your response.
I wanted to ask what will affect my reputation if I become an admin - so, for example, I banned a cheater on the server, will this affect my reputation in a good way?
Sometimes, as moderators, we have to make "unpopular" decisions. Generally speaking, if you ban a genuine cheater, most people will be appreciative. You may receive some backlash from the cheater themselves and their friends.
ahh yes! I have never used commands in valve games, but I want to learn, if you have such sources, can I have a look?
I can't specifically give you the resources at this time, but they're not overly complex. They just take a little time to get used to.

Based on your response, I'm going to remain neutral on your application. I don't really have enough info or experience with you to specifically state if I'm for or against your acceptance onto the team.

That's where my opinion is going to stay for now, however I am attempting to get in contact with the team for S.T.A.L.K.R.A.F.T to verify your previous moderation experience. If positive feedback is received from them, it would go a long way towards me supporting your application.

Once again, good luck Ghost. Even if this specific application isn't accepted, I feel that with time you would prove yourself a capable team member.

GHOST1125

Staff Member
Thank you for your response.

Sometimes, as moderators, we have to make "unpopular" decisions. Generally speaking, if you ban a genuine cheater, most people will be appreciative. You may receive some backlash from the cheater themselves and their friends.

I can't specifically give you the resources at this time, but they're not overly complex. They just take a little time to get used to.

Based on your response, I'm going to remain neutral on your application. I don't really have enough info or experience with you to specifically state if I'm for or against your acceptance onto the team.

That's where my opinion is going to stay for now, however I am attempting to get in contact with the team for S.T.A.L.K.R.A.F.T to verify your previous moderation experience. If positive feedback is received from them, it would go a long way towards me supporting your application.

Once again, good luck Ghost. Even if this specific application isn't accepted, I feel that with time you would prove yourself a capable team member.
I'm sorry, but it was not an official server for this project, there were about 100-150 people on it, and there were no official users of the developers of the stalcraft project on it. I'm sorry if I confused you, I should have clarified this in my resume. if necessary, I can give a link to this server, only there are all Russian speakers, it turned out very inconvenient in front of you. really sorry

Last edited:

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Hey GHOST,

Please forgive the late reply. Although there was a lot of valid criticism raised against your application, I can appreciate that you addressed the vast majority of it. Even if some of it never came into fruition (using !calladmin and forum reports), we generally agree that this is the right attitude and that progress is nonlinear. We wish to support your progress in a greater capacity with you as staff- we hope you will reciprocate with your efforts! A warm welcome to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom