Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Gazza's Admin Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazza

Strange
User name: Gazza

Name
Gazza

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:1:117747860

Your DiscordID ?????#0695

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
My Own little server for me and my friends

On what servers do you usually play on?
mainly the Hightower deathmatch

Why would you like to become an admin?
mainly because on the server I play on I don't see many (or enough) admins on the server. I would mainly like to just patrol the server and make sure people are following the rules and making the game fun for everyone else.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you have spoken to or know
Gibus

When are you usually available to play?
Most days from 4:30 to 6 (weekdays) and most weekends (11am to 11pm with breaks in between)

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the game modes you play
Because I will most likely only be playing on the Hightower servers, I will follow the general rules as follows:
Offensive towards others: Warn > 1 hour mute/gag > 6 hour mute/gag > 1 day mute/gag > 1 week mute/gag > 2 week mute/gag > 1 month mute/gag > Permanent mute/gag

Mic/Chat spamming: Warn > 1 hour mute/gag > 6 hour mute/gag > 1 day mute/gag > 1 week mute/gag > 2 week mute/gag > 1 month mute/gag > Permanent mute/gag

Racism: Warn > 1 hour mute/gag > 6 hour mute/gag > 1 day mute/gag > 1 week mute/gag > 2 week mute/gag > 1 month mute/gag > Permanent mute/gag

Inappropriate Spray: Permanent Sprayban

Inappropriate Conscientious Objector Decal: Kick with message saying "Change your objector decal" > 1 hour ban > 6 hour ban > 1 day ban > 1 week ban > 2 week ban > 1 month ban > Permanent ban

Exploiting: Warn > Slay > 1 hour ban > 1 day ban > 1 week ban > 2 week ban > 1 month ban > Permanent ban

Calling out an undercover admin: Warn > 1 hour mute/gag > 1 day mute/gag > 1 week mute/gag > 2 week mute/gag > 1 month mute/gag > Permanent mute/gag

!calladmin abuse: Warn > 1 hour ban > 1 day ban > 1 week ban > 2 week ban > 1 month ban > Permanent ban

Hacking/Cheating: Permanent ban along with a demo/shadowplay mp4 of proof to back up this ban.

Advertising Hacks: Permanent mute/gag

Deathmatch Specific:

Spawncamping: Chat Warn > Visual Screen Warn (in case they have chat disabled) > 1 hour ban > 6 hour ban > 1 day ban > 1 week ban > 2 week ban > 1 month ban > permanent ban.

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
This isn't my first application (first: https://blackwonder.tf/threads/gazzas-admin-application.18455/)
In the deathmatch server, I am friends with and talk to a lot of the regular players so I will be easily found and notified if something urgent needs to be taken care of in the server (ie cheater.).
Applying other notes by Gibus:
Swearing in chat: I have definitely stopped or slowed down on the language that I use during games, I know that it can be a problem at times and I try my best to keep it at a minimum.

Playtime: I'm not really sure what happened here as I definitely have more than that amount of hours within the server, in fact, I believe I am #2 or #1 in the server currently? But recently I have been putting more hours into the server and have been getting to know a lot of the regular players.

Lala7586.

Positively Inhumane
Staff Member
Admin
In the future, please edit your application instead of making a new one.

Console |

Velcro is a Furry
Staff Member
Admin
Heyo Gazza! First off, you aren't very active in the BLW discord, which is sort of a downside as it shows you aren't very active within the community, but that can be fixed. Okay, but now on to the review, I'd like to start off this review with the punishment section since it caught my attention when I looked at it. You have quite literally copied and pasted my "General Rules" section of my application, which just shows that you are not willing to put in the effort it takes to be a moderator, let alone apply for moderator. For proof of this, I'll post a picture of my "General Rules" punishment section right here
Capture.PNG

And I'll post a picture of your punishment section, the one copied at least, not the deathmatch rules, right here

copycat.PNG

You had about a week from your old application to make a proper punishment ladder, and reapplying with a copied punishment ladder, while taking out a few 6 hour and all 2 day additions and adding /shadowplay mp4 to your ladder, is not a good thing. I'll get off the topic of your punishment section now, since there isn't much else to it other then the fact that it is copied off me.

As for chatlogs, you do seem to have kept calm since your previous application, but that was not too long ago and most of those chatlogs pointed out on that application are still relevant to this application. You don't seem to have any commblocks or bans, which is good, but you do only have 2 days and 11 hours on BLW which is not a lot of time, but considering you mainly play on Hightower, it may seem decent, as it can get repetitive. To me, this isn't a lot of time on BLW regardless of the gamemode.

Overall, if you were to put more effort in this application and be more active within the community, along with keeping your chatlogs clean, you'll have a better shot at becoming a staff member.

Hope to see you around more often and good luck on your application.

Gazza

Strange
To Console:
I haven't copy and pasted it I have rather seen it and largely agreed with it (in fact I've made a few changes) The reason I went through mainly the same rules is that I found that they cover the needs of a server to keep it clean and safe.
I'm sorry if me agreeing with you seemed like I was copying you.

Console |

Velcro is a Furry
Staff Member
Admin
Heyo Gazza! First off, you say that you agreed with my punishment section, and didn't copy my punishment section, but I have both punishment sections set up on my earlier response. You have copied my punishment ladder almost exactly, but took out some 6 hour punishments from your ladder and all 2 day punishments from your ladder, along with adding the words "shadowplay" and "mp4" to your hacking and cheating punishment. It's one thing to take inspiration from accepted applications to improve your own application, as you should, but copying and slightly changing my punishment ladder, and lying about not copying my punishment section, when it is almost completely copied, as you can see from the order of the punishments, and the fact that you took the exact phrase I used on your Inappropriate Conscientious Objector Decal, it shows me that you aren't really what I would expect to see from someone trying to be an admin. It would've looked like you had just taken inspiration from my application as it was the most recently accepted application, but after looking at both side by side, it isn't hard to notice that it is stolen from my application. Regardless, good luck on your application

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I left this open to see if your activity level would change. You have not been seen in a week, so we are closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom