Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Gag Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldensliv

Strange
Punishment type: Gag

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:100704081

Admin: Kerknor

Reason: Homophobia

Reason to Revoke: Previously, I had an offensive bind that got me gagged when I used it. After my gag expired, I had changed the bind to an "rtd" bind, however upon closing my game the changes did not save and the offensive bind was still there without my knowledge. When I joined a server and attempted to use what I thought was my rtd bind, it said the offensive term instead and I was gagged before having a chance to correct my mistake with the admin.

Kerknor

Wicked Nasty

Kerknor

Morning Goldensliv,

Your chat logs aren't bad as far as homophobic remarks like your bind. Now if you had simply made this appeal with an apology, and said you wouldn't do it again, I would have put serious consideration into lowering the time on the gag. However after reading your reason to revoke, I am less inclined to do this.

After my gag expired, I had changed the bind to an "rtd" bind, however upon closing my game the changes did not save
When I joined a server and attempted to use what I thought was my rtd bind

This is where you stumbled. So after your gag was finished, you changed your bind? Then you tried to use the "new" bind for an rtd?

After your gag had expired, you came into the server and tried to type rtd (albeit incorrectly), a warning was put into chat to not be insulting players and you just happened to use your bind again. Timing on this is a bit much. If you had changed this bind for rtd as you claimed, why would type it out?

Now even with this, I decided to give the benefit of the doubt that maybe, just maybe you didn't have a lot of experience with binds and it was a sincere mistake. So I checked your chat logs further to see.

3 pages of this bind alone

4 pages of lennys

You seem to know how binds work just fine so I find hard to believe you actually went in and changed anything. With all this, I will mark this appeal Declined.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom