Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Friendlies?

What do you do if you see a friendly?

• Total voters

philipandwaffle

Strange
Whenever I join my usual hightower DM server I constantly find friendlies.
The thing that confuses me the most isnt the being friendly but why do they go on DM servers, servers whose purpose is purely to provide a deathmatch where the aim is to fight.

I’m sorry if any of you are disgusted im me but when I see friendlies I kill them in the hopes that they will end up playing the game to try to kill me to get revenge.

As someone who plays this game exclusively for the combat gameplay my insight is limited and would greatly appreciate if a ‘friendly main’ could explain the inner workings of why you do what you do.

Again sorry if my concept of the friendly aspect of tf2 is completely wrong, like I said I usually play tf2 for the combat.

Last edited:

Paragon

Foster The People

Paragon

I can care less but if one is in a doorway or is next to the enemy his ass is going to die. Dont care about friendlies till they become a problem.

Ori

Mildly Menacing

Ori

In trade servers its different. However, in arena or casual....Fodder for my stranges

Ori

Mildly Menacing

Ori

Yeah, fair. Do you play arena often?

I was using arena as a generalizing term, as in just about any direct blu vs red gamemode the servers have to offer, i.e. Jailbreak or 2fort. Not the no respawn mode. I don't think I've played that in a long while. I might let a fellow spy live, but only momentarily.

hey ya

Dark Elf

obluda

I don't play non JB servers enough to care but I usually just ignore them. If you don't give them attention they go away.

XesiB

Unremarkable
If it is a normal gamemode server, yes I kill every single one (unless I don't feel like it), and when they bitch about it in chat, it just turns me on to do it even more

Sir David III

Sometimes you have no choice. If I am fighting on a bridge in 2fort server and a Hoovy tries to pass near the two soldiers I am shooting rockets at there is no way that I will stop firing to let him pass. In most cases I try to let them be, but if their teammate starts endangering my life, while is close vicinity to him, I will not ignore this dire fact just to save his life, I will fire rockets at my foe, even if there are ten Hoovies and Spycrabs that will die as a result. But even though I try to tolerate this I can barely call it a good behaviour, because this friendly Hoovy, who can even heal enemy players, takes up a team slot and, as a result, lowers team fighting capabilities, in a game that is so team based as TF it's a disaster. Yes, you can dance from time to time, have a Rock, Paper, Scissors! game with an enemy, or build Kazotsky kick towers, but know the the limit. As it can get frustrating for both the friendly player and his team, and, is some cases, event to the enemy team. That does not mean that I don't do goofy stuff from time to time, the difference is that I know when to stop. :p

Nowareten

Strange
when i see friendlies. friendlires are the most endangered speices on earth. so i naturally protect them so that one day i will, no that one day i'll become the david attenborough of this wild world of Team Friendly 2.

sometimes just my presence will sway away all who try to endanger them more. sometimes a minigun or rocket launcher is needed as "Repellent" to "relax" others into a "peacefull" state or in a state of peices.

this has been my response to the Question on the protection of Friendlies and the friendlies need you!?

B4IN

Mildly Menacing

alien

The game is about fighting not wearing mittens and crouch walking while giving people sandwiches. Tbh , just let them be , I personally don't kill them unless I'm being blocked by them.

Nja09

Strange
Other/Neutral

Usually, I don't mind them. Fighting all the time gets repetitive, and players tend to do something different eventually.
Being friendly is also another way of letting others know you're not a complete douche, and don't want to appear aggressive right off the bat.

Usually, what I do involves one of the following if I encounter or am a friendly:

1. Saying "Thanks!" and walking away.
2. Saying "Thanks!" and kill binding.
3. Doing a group taunt (Like Mannrobics) then walking away.
4. Throw a food item (If I'm a Heavy)
Rarely: Kill them and kill bind myself (Taunt may be included)

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
49362-altered-beast-sega-master-system-screenshot-the-beginning.gif

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom