Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Feedback on Prophunt Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Streptococcus

Strange
Hi there, I'm a TF2 prophunt main (~600h of ph) and I particularly enjoy playing on BW server (mainly due to the scorch shot being blacklist (y) ).
This server has the potential to become the best prophunt server out there, but there are still some stuff that needed to be fixed. I will talk here about major points, minor improvement ideas and personal thoughts.

1. Major Points
  • The scout weapon is visible when the last prop rule is triggered. Which is really annoying for players who don't want to fight hunters but rather stay hidden. The gun/secondary/melee is sticking out of the prop making it much easier to locate.
  • No !propreroll, nor !propmenu. I understand that propmenu is arguable, everyone is changing in a bucket, and a part of prophunt spirit is lost, also I reported few weeks ago griefing attempt using a propmenu glitch. BUT not allowing propreroll is letting to much good and bad luck into the game. The round is unfair for someone who spawned as a huge concrete block compared to a small bucket. Allowing !propreroll once per round is giving everyone a second chance, and that's really appreciated.
  • Glitched map : ph_clocktown. It's just arena, not ph. Should be removed.
2. Minor improvement ideas
  • Allowing un-nerfed switch from degreaser to axtinguisher / flare gun. This is not a big deal, but it allows a more "pro" gameplay with good combos. Otherwise a flamed cornered prop often has the time to escape while you are switching weapon.
  • The map arena_harvest is not the right one, on the current one, the medium health packs from each house is removed and replaced with ammo. Which makes this map a pain in the ass for a running prop or just a low health hunter. arena_harvest_v4 should be the one.
  • Allowing the Crussader's Crossbow. It's a fun weapon to play with, and is really not overpowered in prophunt. It requires multiple precise shots to kill a prop, so it's not a big danger. Also I've never seen someone pocketing a pyro with the crossbow, it's not a working strategy.
  • Auto-join a random team at start or when entering the server. It prevents stacked teams and randomize every game. (also sometimes 2 friends can join opposite teams to ghost props, this way slightly prevent it)
3. Personal thoughts
  • arena_brawl is considered by many as one of the worst map of the game, although it's not getting voted often, it's still annoying to play on it. It's a big ass map, with a ton of props and rooms everywhere... Should be removed ^^ (other bad maps imo are, by order of bullsh!t : ph_target, ph_cliffface, ph_otherside, ph_cargo, ph_warehouse. I can detailed why if interested, but if one should be killed it's brawl!)
  • If you want to add maps to compensate, consider ph_dockyard_a2_fixed and ph_dust2_2x2_v2, that are both balanced maps.
  • Ghosting is a real problem in ph, noobs can often spectate you and tell their friend via steam chat what are you/where you are. There is no real way to avoid it except if admins are playing in the server. The good thing is that we can see who is spectating us, so it's easier to spot a ghoster. Though entering spectate mode should be forbidden (at least from team choosing screen). Also maybe it would be nice to add a "ghosting" reason to the !calladmin command, so that the admin knows what they should look for when joining. Spotting a ghoster is also about experience in ph, sometimes you can see if the pyro is following instructions and would have been too dumb to find you without them, sometimes it's just luck or skill. If you are in doubt, feel free to add me to discuss about that.
Voilà!
I hope it wasn't too long, but as I said, this server is great for prophunt and must be improved to become perfect! ;)

Strepto

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
So, for some reason even tho buster mentioned me, i didn't get any notifications.
But now that i'm here, let me try and help you.

Maps to remove:
ph_clocktown, arena_brawl, ph_target, ph_cliffface, ph_otherside, ph_cargo, ph_warehouse.

And replace the arena_harvest with arena_harvest_v4

Add two maps:
ph_dockyard_a2_fixed, ph_dust2_2x2_v2

Is this is correct?
Also, if you could at least give one reason to remove those maps that would be great.

I'll try to add dockyard and dust2 and harvest_v4 for the mean time. (I will update you when they are added)
After you give us at least one reason to remove the other maps, i'll be happy to remove them.

Thanks for your time!

PS: Please give me the download link to the maps you want to be added.

Last edited:

Streptococcus

Strange
So, for some reason even tho buster mentioned me, i didn't get any notifications.
But now that i'm here, let me try and help you.

Maps to remove:
ph_clocktown, arena_brawl, ph_target, ph_cliffface, ph_otherside, ph_cargo, ph_warehouse.

And replace the arena_harvest with arena_harvest_v4

Add two maps:
ph_dockyard_a2_fixed, ph_dust2_2x2_v2

Is this is correct?
Also, if you could at least give one reason to remove those maps that would be great.

I'll try to add dockyard and dust2 and harvest_v4 for the mean time. (I will update you when they are added)
After you give us at least one reason to remove the other maps, i'll be happy to remove them.

Thanks for your time!

PS: Please give me the download link to the maps you want to be added.

I will write that in proper form in your map thread, with links and screenshots.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
I will write that in proper form in your map thread, with links and screenshots.
You don't need to really, just post it here, i would have told you to go there from my first post otherwise.
It's just because that you've talked about multiple things in this thread, so it's only natural that i won't trouble you to go there and follow the format, not to mention it just much much easier to do over here.

Here's what you have to do:
  1. Give me the download links for the maps.
  2. Tell me at least ONE reason of why i should remove these maps: [ ph_target, ph_cliffface, ph_otherside, ph_cargo, ph_warehouse ]

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

Auto-join a random team at start or when entering the server. It prevents stacked teams and randomize every game. (also sometimes 2 friends can join opposite teams to ghost props, this way slightly prevent it)

Would suggest a queue system similar to VSH so everyone gets to play as much of either team as everyone else.
You could add 10 points per round and the players with the most amount of points will get placed on the hunter team (wich was in 1/2 ratio to props right?) until it is filled up and the rest goes to Props, remove queue points when they end the round as a hunter.

This sure wouldn't prevend ghosting as you can just join the server when you have an uneven amount of queue points as your friend, but I am really against being placed randomly on a team.

Streptococcus

Strange
You could add 10 points per round and the players with the most amount of points will get placed on the hunter team (wich was in 1/2 ratio to props right?) until it is filled up and the rest goes to Props, remove queue points when they end the round as a hunter.
Actually there is the same amount of hunters and props and teams alternate each round ^^ So just sorting players in each team one by one as they join the server would be enough. This also prevent some players to wait in spectate mode until there is an empty spot in the prop team as a lot of people prefer to play props.

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

So just sorting players in each team one by one as they join the server would be enough.

I am still against being randomly placed in teams doe (especially if people prefer playing as prop), mayby add some system wich swaps members based on rounds played on the opposite team? This would make sure that all play both teams an (mostly) even amount, and would prevent rejoining.

Streptococcus

Strange
I don't know how team assignment works in other game modes, so it seems a bit complicated for me. Sure it can help prevent constant team switching or "ghost-switching" (entering prop team before the round start to see which props people spawned with, and then going back to pyro team to hunt them).
Even amount in both teams is already ensured by the alternation after each round, you play in each team 50% of the time (except for idiot team-switchers). For people who only like to play props, well, if you only like playing Death in DR, you still have to play in the other team. Also rounds only last 1 to 4 min in prophunt, so you will eventually get back to the prop team.

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
We have completed most of this, we did add a propmenu/reroll however people abused it so we've removed that, and we've left the scout weapon in as it gives the blues a slightly higher chance to find the final guy a bit easier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom