Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Feedback on BlackWonder | Prophunt server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deded

I already mentioned in my introduction that I will give some feedback on your pophunt server and I do have quite a few things to say.
I will cover few downsides that I personally think could be fixed,but I would like to hear other opinions as well.
----------
1.- Probably the greatest downside of them all is the lack of !propmenu. At this rate , the server is bingo-based. Those who are lucky may get a bucket,those of less luck will get a cow,a woodpile or even a truck and probably die in first 30 seconds.
Now,for me, I have a lot of experience in this game mode and I am fine with getting any prop because I will survive 99% of times HOWEVER,less experienced players should be given a chance to try and hide as well. Everyday I see someone ask ''how to change prop ? '' and once they find out they can't do anything about it,they will simply abandon the game.
Some servers allow the usage of !propreroll command,but I personally don't like it because it's broken and will quite often roll the prop you are already disguised as,so admins just ignore !propreroll please. !Propmenu is the way to go.
2.-Is not as bad as 1st issue but shotgun damage is way too high. Recently I took a heavy instead of pyro to play family business heavy and I would literally kill every prop in two-three shots ! That's crazy ! I think that props should be given at least a chance to run once they are found and weapons like shotgun allow an effortless kill.
Now, after playing prophunt for about 1500 hours,it has come to my attention that some shotgun damage is also
prop-related. For example,a bucket would take 5 damage per shot,while barrels and larger props would be getting 3-4 times more damage..So that's the issue that can be solved only by makers of prophunt.
Finally I am not a server admin so I don't know if it is possible to tweak the settings and make shotgun deal less damage- Let's say around 15-20 max. If it is possible,this shuld be considered as a potential change. The damage of 60 per shot is really unfair when it comes to red players.
3.-This issue is ''professional prophunt player-confirmed''- and it is scorchot. This weapon is literally a pain in the neck because it requires little to no-aim at all and many top rated players agree that it is an issue. Now someone will say ''yeah right,and why don't you complain about flare gun dealing crits and one-shoting everyone ? '' and the reason to why is because flare gun requires exact precise hit to deal damage and flares travel not as fast as shotgun bullets,so good prediction skills are needed as well,while scorchot allows a user to spam the flares on the ground and set a prop on fire without directly hitting it. The second issue with scorchot is it's annoying pushback force that will get you killed regularly by immobilising your movement for a brief moment by bouncing you in the air.
If server settings could be tweaked,banning scorchot would be a smart thing to do IF enough players agree.
----------
So far , those are the things I would change if I could. Lemme hear what others have to say. If you want a discussion,we can also do it on steam [ feel free to add me ].
There are some other things that aren't an issue but could be nice aesthetic improvement,but for now,these are the things that should be looked at. Appart from things mentioned above,the server has good community and it's active every day so if it remains that way for a while,this place could become a competitor to DISC:FF prophunt server.

Last edited:

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
Sure, let me just open the prop menu so i can pick the smallest prop to hide in a tree....
No thank you.

Deded

@Timo TF2 prophunt doesn't work like gmod prophunt. The smallest prop I know of are telephone and shrubs. Still those aren't even that small and are quite visible and they aren't available on every single map. The point of propmenu is to allow the players to try and use some trickier spots,because If pro player is in hunter team,everyone with large props doesn't stand a chance and will likely die.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
1. I'm not quite sure about this one, since everyone would just end up being the best possible prop, which in my opinion is not quite the point of prophunt, but I don't excessively play this gamemode, so I might just be wrong. I would also look at other more highly ranked communities on whether they have it enabled or not, but I just noticed that our server is the most populated prophunt server in TF2. There is also the possibility to implement the reroll command, to make it less overpowered.

2. Looking into solutions, although I can't promise anything.

3. Will be banning the scorchshot. I will update this post as soon as it's banned.

Deded

@Benedevil The best and most active prophunt server to this day is DISC:FF server. It allows up to 32 players and it has propmenu enabled. There are two main reason I vote YES from propmenu. 1st is to kill the chance of getting same huge prop over and over again every time ( as it always happens ) and 2nd is to increase your chances against pro hunters BUT it doesnt always guarantee a win.
For example I know a prop if i see one . A telephone or a truck , doesn't matter. If I see you,you are dead. Simply you don't play it much so you don't know how it is when you play against top rated players. The point of being able to choose a prop you like is to be able to try and blend with surroundings because those spots are known to work best if you play smart. Anyone with large prop dies almost always. Even the pro players die often if they get something large.

I might do a prophunt tutorial if I get a green light from admins for it,and I will explain strategies and how you should think while playing this game mode.
Prophunt is a fun game mode and it is meant to be relaxing and hillarious,but there is more philosophy in it than casual players think and hardcore prophunters endeed do exist ( and are quite often mixed with hackers )
EDIT : !propreroll command sucks in my opinion. Quite often , It will roll the same prop you are currently disguised as,so take my advice and avoid it. If you wanna change it to propmenu ( I explained why it would be a nice feature have ) , then do so,otherwise,just leave as it is. Propreroll wont do much good anyways.

Last edited:

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Scorch shot should now be disabled and propmenu is now available to all players

Deded

Will check it out now :) . Hope to see you in some nice match soon !

EDIT : @Benedevil ... !propmenu doesnt seem to work...
EDIT 2 - thanks for fixing it up :) Propmenu certanly makes things way more interesting now :)

Last edited:

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
@Benedevil The best and most active prophunt server to this day is DISC:FF server. It allows up to 32 players and it has propmenu enabled. There are two main reason I vote YES from propmenu. 1st is to kill the chance of getting same huge prop over and over again every time ( as it always happens ) and 2nd is to increase your chances against pro hunters BUT it doesnt always guarantee a win.
For example I know a prop if i see one . A telephone or a truck , doesn't matter. If I see you,you are dead. Simply you don't play it much so you don't know how it is when you play against top rated players. The point of being able to choose a prop you like is to be able to try and blend with surroundings because those spots are known to work best if you play smart. Anyone with large prop dies almost always. Even the pro players die often if they get something large.

I might do a prophunt tutorial if I get a green light from admins for it,and I will explain strategies and how you should think while playing this game mode.
Prophunt is a fun game mode and it is meant to be relaxing and hillarious,but there is more philosophy in it than casual players think and hardcore prophunters endeed do exist ( and are quite often mixed with hackers )
EDIT : !propreroll command sucks in my opinion. Quite often , It will roll the same prop you are currently disguised as,so take my advice and avoid it. If you wanna change it to propmenu ( I explained why it would be a nice feature have ) , then do so,otherwise,just leave as it is. Propreroll wont do much good anyways.

It is nice to see that you have interest in making a tutorial :).
If you are going to make one it could be done in the Guides section and it would be appreciated a lot.

Closing this thread as it has been done.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Propmenu has been disabled again, since the server lost a lot of traction player wise since the update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom