Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Extend the number of forum posts needed to have the ability to apply for admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

George

Notably Dangerous
We've all seen it:

Cons:
Your name is bad
You only joined today and posted 23 times to get the ability to become admin
You smell like cheese

-soup

I feel that we should change the number to something higher like 50-60 posts so the new people cant just spam a few times and become admin, instead they'll have to actually invest time into the community.

Thanks for reading.

Reactions: Jim

Drax

Deadpool

Drax

I'd be a hypocrite to agree because I applied with only 29 forum posts and made it, Suicide applied with only 19, and Will applied after being on the forums for less than 2 weeks. I feel like it's good to leave it alone because it should be ultimately up to the person who is applying to apply when they feel like it's the right time.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
I'd be a hypocrite to agree because I applied with only 29 forum posts and made it, Suicide applied with only 19, and Will applied after being on the forums for less than 2 weeks. I feel like it's good to leave it alone because it should be ultimately up to the person who is applying to apply when they feel like it's the right time.
I applied with like 200 ish. I like the idea of upping it though. Gets rid of some of the easily weak applicants who just want power.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
I applied with 1 post. And yet got accepted.

On a serious note, let's compare the Pros and Cons:

+ More people would think twice before applying for admin
+ They would potentially need to invest more time into the forums
+ The new admin application would have now more people who could become admin

- More desperate people would necrobump many threads over s short period of time
- Instead of their own judgement, they will take new "minimum post limit" as a measure how active they have to be instead of thinking for themselves. I always prefer admins who can think more for themselves.

With that being said, I will not vote for it, but also not against it. I'm fine either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom