Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Answered Exploiting, Jailbreak edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BananAsriel

Totally Ordinary

Banana

in lights of recent events i believe there is no clarification of what could count as an exploit and is punishable in Jailbreak specifically, when brought up to discussion in game it turns into a very subjective discussion, what makes a specific instance count as an exploit and what is considered a fair move is taken as personal to

One example that i believe is a punishable exploit is the Obby boost on Jb_supermario, where you can launch yourself at incredible speed from the beggining of the minigame and use the bhop plugin along with it, however, it was never clear to me if this instance is punishable and its been a back and forth when a staff member sees this occur. people think is not an unfair advantage because is accesible to everyone and "anyone can bhop"

Another example to put in contrast is a recently found out of bounds trick in Jb_bootcamp, where players found a way to jump over an invisible barrier that closes down the notable nuke easter egg, which ends the round upon being done, jumping through a "gap" and thus being able to completely bypass and skip the entire process of the easter egg and go straight for the button that triggers it. (same thing as going out of the map in Jailfort for the escape)

I could mention more examples but depending on how this thread goes i could make a list, overall my question (for future reference with the input of an admin) is what criteria can be taken into account to say "hey that's and exploit and you can be banned for it" for when "being an unfair advantage" is disregarded

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Though an unintended feature, I think the obby boost on supermario is fine. It's not game breaking and adds an unconventional escape route.

I haven't played bootcamp much but from your explanation it seems to be something I would consider illegal and punish for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom