Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Exire's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exire

Unremarkable
User name: Exire

Name
Exire

Your Age
16 (Wrong Year in Profile)

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:1:445509019

Your DiscordID
Exire#7767

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
Multiple Minecraft servers Including My Own, Friends' and Two that are now down Called CloudFactions and AtomicMC. There have been more but their names don't currently come to mind.

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
Jailbreak (UK & EU) Mainly. I also play Deathrun & VSH, But would like to moderate Jailbreak.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I genuinely love the blackwonder servers, and I feel I have a good understanding of the rules and how to enforce them because of the months I was a donator. During that time I had given player punishments such as Mutes and Gags for various reasons but there are always groups of people who like to break the rules - especially in jailbreak - and therefore, most of the vote punishments aren't given. I feel there is a strong lack of staff available for all the rule-breakers joining jailbreak specifically and most of these players go unpunished as the calladmin command usually doesn’t get the quick response needed as the rule-breaker(s) continue to ruin the other players' experience. I feel I could fill this role well as I already have the experience of being a donator and am mainly on the jailbreak servers.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you have spoken to or know
I speak to Practical, Julia, Bene, Console and some others in General Discord chat, and Jim & RainbowRobb about my previous application.

When are you usually available to play?
I‘m usually available-
Weekends - 10:00 to 00:00 | Weekdays - 16:00 to 23:00
This will change as it gets closer to exams, but these times are accurate for right now.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
Each punishment Follows at least one warning and is always explained in detail (Except Hacking, which should be obvious to everyone and needs to be dealt with straight away).
# = General | # = Blues (Including Warden) | # = Reds | # = Warden
# Hacking - Perm Ban
# Exploiting - 1 week Ban > 1 month Ban > 3 month Ban > Perm Ban
# Griefing - 1 day Ban > 1 week Ban > 1 month Ban > Perm Ban
# Inappropriate Spray - Perm Spray Ban until changed
# Use of Sticky Traps - Warn and tell to detonate > Slay > 30min Ban > 1hr Ban > 1 Day Ban > 1 Week Ban
# Racist, Homophobic or harmful chat messages - 1 Day Gag > 1 Week Gag > 1 Month Gag > Perm Gag
# Racist, Homophobic or harmful voice chat messages - 1 Day Mute > 1 Week Mute > 1 Month Mute > Perm Mute
# Chat Spam (Including Advertisements) - 30min Gag > 1hr Gag > 1 Day Gag > 1 Week Gag > 1 Month Gag > Perm Gag
# Voice Chat Spam - 30min Mute > 1hr Mute > 1 Day Mute > 1 Week Mute > 1 Month Mute > Perm Mute
# Constantly Overtalking Admin during miccheck - 10min Mute > 30min Mute > 1 day Mute > 1 week Mute
# Calling out undercover admin - 1 day Silence/Gag/Mute > 1 week Silence/Gag/Mute > 1 month Silence/Gag/Mute > 3 month Silence/Gag/Mute > Perm Silence/Gag/Mute
# Non-English Speaker in Voice chat - 1 day Mute > 1 week Mute > 1 month Mute > Perm Mute
# Inappropriate Name - Name Change > 1 day Ban + Name Change > 1 week Ban + Name Change > Perm Ban
# Armoury Camping - Slay > 1hr Ban/Teamban (For blues) > 1 day Ban/Teamban > 1 week Ban/Teamban > 1 month Ban > Perm Ban (Both teams)
# Camping in unreachable areas - Slay > 1hr Ban > 1 day Ban> 1 week Ban> 1 month Ban
# Constantly Overtalking Warden - 10min Mute > 30min Mute > 1 Day Mute > 1 Month Mute > 3 month Mute > Perm Mute
# Ammo Glitching - 1 week Ban > 1 month Ban > 3 month Ban > Perm Ban
# No Mic - Perm Teamban (until they appeal with a mic)
# Freekilling - Slay > 30min Teamban > 1 Day Teamban > 1 week Teamban > 1 month Teamban > Perm Teamban (Revive Reds if possible)
# Freehitting - Allow red(s) to go to medic > Slay > 1hr Teamban > 1 day Team > 1 week Teamban
# Mass Freekill - 1 week Teamban > 1 Month Teamban > Perm Teamban (Revive Reds if possible)
# Favouritism - 1hr Teamban > 1 day Teamban > 1 week Teamban > 1 month Teamban > Perm Teamban
# Blues Unwilling to go warden - 1 day Teamban > 1 week Teamban > 1 month Teamban > Perm Teamban
# Blues Disguising - Slay > 1hr Teamban > 1 day Teamban > 1 week Teamban > 1 month Teamban > Perm Teamban
# Illegal Friendly Fire - Slay > 1 day Teamban > 1 week Teamban > 1 month Teamban > Perm Teamban
# Warden Lying - Slay > 30min Teamban > 1hr Teamban > 1 day Teamban > 1 week teamban > 1 month Teamban > Perm Temban
# Warden Hogging - 1hr Teamban > 1 day Teamban > 1 week Teamban > 1 month Teamban > 3 month Teamban > Perm Teamban
# Kill Orders - 1hr Teamban > 1 day Teamban > 1 week Teamban > 1 month Teamban > Perm Teamban
# Tricky Orders - 1hr Teamban > 1 day Teamban > 1 week Teamban > 1 month Teamban > 3 month Teamban + 1 day Ban > Perm Teamban
# Progress Impositions - 1hr Teamban > 1 day Teamban > 1 week Teamban > 1 month Teamban > 3 month Teamban> Perm Teamban

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
My punishment history is clean (as far as I know) along with my chatlogs.
I am able to record instantly to capture evidence of rulebreakers
Sorry if this is too close to my first application, time-wise, but I didn't see a specific time to wait before reapplying. I feel I am ready for the role otherwise I wouldn't have applied in the first place.
I am currently a donor and have used both of my nitro boosts on the discord.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? No

Last edited:

Exire

Unremarkable
All logs are acceptable
I was considering whether or not to reply as I feel it speaks for itself. However, I'll add that I try to play as clean as possible, follow the rules and inform others of them while still having fun with them in the session. I try my hardest to be as fair as possible and stay calm in tough situations involving players who either ignore the rules, have inappropriate behaviour or are plainly there just to annoy people.

Thank you for the reply, and please forgive my delayed response!

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Howdy Exire,
Always good to see another JB applicant. Lets get started.
Prior Punishments: Not a single ban, comm, or teamban on record, very good to see.
Chat logs: Gonna take Robb at his word on this one.
Punishment Ladders: These are a bit wonky.
# Exploiting - 1 month Ban > 3 month Ban > Perm Ban

# Ammo Glitching - 1 month Ban > 3 month Ban > Perm Ban
1 month is a really harsh starting punishment, and is personally my last step before permanent punishments. I'd recommend adding a few more steps on the lower end of your ladder for these.
# Use of Sticky Traps - Warn and tell to detonate > Slay > 10min Ban > 30min Ban > 1hr Ban > 1 Day Ban > 1 Week Ban
Here you have the opposite problem. 10 mins is a tad too short a punishment length to standardize imo, bans or comms should be a bit more substantial than that.
# Freekilling - Slay > 30min Teamban > 1 Day Teamban > 1 week Teamban > 1 month Teamban + 1 day Ban > Perm Teamban + 1 week Ban
Teambanning is all you need to do if a blue breaks a blue rule in Jailbreak, banning them is generally unnecessary unless theyre using an alt to evade a teamban or something.
# No (Or very bad quality) Mic - Perm Mute Until They prove they have a good mic
No mic is a permanent teamban. Bad mics should either be ignored or treated as micspam at your discretion.
# Inappropriate Name - Perm Ban until name change
Staff members have the ability to change an individuals name. I'd recommend using this, then following a normal ban ladder if they change the name back.
# Racist, Homophobic or harmful chat messages - 1 Week Gag > 1 Month Gag > Perm Gag (This is a more serious offence and therefore has harsher punishments)
# Racist, Homophobic or harmful voice chat messages - 1 Week Mute > 1 Month Mute > Perm Mute
Im glad that you take this seriously, however 1 week is a little too much. Starting at a day is fine.
# Blues Disguising - Slay > 1hr Teamban > 1 day Teamban > 1 week Teamban > 1 month Teamban + 1 day Ban > Perm Teamban + 1 week Ban
Blues cannot disguise atm if I remember correctly, only Reds can.
# Blues Going to unreachable areas - Slay > 1hr Teamban > 1 day Teamban > 1 week Teamban > 1 month Teamban + 1 day Ban > Perm Teamban + 1 week Ban
What if its a red?
That appears to be it for specific issues, I'll give an overall summary in a second.
Conclusion: You seem promising, your lack of punishments or bad logs is great, however your punishment ladders need serious work. In addition to the changes suggested, your gaps between certain punishment "steps" is a bit high. Jumping from a day, to a week, to a month, is a bit abrupt. I'd recommend adding more steps to smooth things out a bit. Overhaul your ladder a bit and I think you'd make a good staff member. Good luck ;p

Exire

Unremarkable
Thank you so much for your feedback, I'll get to fixing the issues right away!
I'll try to explain my thought process in this comment as well (where needed).

1 month is a really harsh starting punishment, and is personally my last step before permanent punishments. I'd recommend adding a few more steps on the lower end of your ladder for these.
I feel that Exploiting should warrant a harsh punishment as it makes the game less fun for other players in most circumstances. However, I do see that starting at a month is very harsh, especially as griefing starts at a day.

Teambanning is all you need to do if a blue breaks a blue rule in Jailbreak, banning them is generally unnecessary unless theyre using an alt to evade a teamban or something.
I added the bans to regular punishments later on, as I started to think my punishments were a little too lenient. Usually when someone is teambanned, in my experience, they tend to start breaking other rules such as mic/chat spam or being toxic/slanderous in chat, so I felt a short ban might fix that. In hindsight, that would just warrant another punishment so I do see it's unnecessary.

Staff members have the ability to change an individuals name. I'd recommend using this, then following a normal ban ladder if they change the name back.
I had no clue! I'll be adding that right now!

Sorry for stealing your format, I just like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom