Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

England and the EU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lane

Sufficiently Lethal

donny

I was just thinking about whats in it for england now we are no longer in the EU?

Lane

Sufficiently Lethal

donny

Well, the UK had a referendum on if they should leave the EU (European Union) or stay, and the leave votes outweighed the stay votes so now england+UK are leaving the EU and alot will be changing

Lane

Sufficiently Lethal

donny

And a second EU referendum? Not even 1 week after the votes are counted and they want a re run?

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
Well, since I live in germany (and most of my friends are interessted in politics) I have to say quiet more things about the whole Brexit thing.
For one, I think England (or Endland, how I call it myself) had not entirely doomed itself, but it made a mistake for getting out of the EU.
For one, the british pound went down whole 10%. At one time it was even under the Euro! Second, it is now most likly that scotland and (north)irland will be quitting great britian (didn't know how to better say it). Because both parts of Great Britian want, with the mayority of the people, stay in the EU. Scotlands president already said it's most likely that they will be quitting Great Britian and the president of (North?)Irland said they Great Britian no longer hold the right to express the opinion of the people who live there. And lastly, if you look at two things, you will know why Britian made a mistake:
1. Look at the charts (age and workplace) of the people who voted. The young generation, those who will live longest of the consiquences, votes with the majority of arround 73% for STAYING in the Eu. Meanwhile, the old generation (people over 50 years) who will not live long under the consiquences, voted with the mayority of arround 58% AGAINST staying in the EU.
brexit-2.gif

2: You know when people started to question what will happend AFTER Brexit? 2 freaking hours before the vote ended!
brexit.jpg

Yeah... talk about "thoghtful, wise decision"... just wow

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

Article 50 has to actually be invoked before any of that can be discussed.
As mentioned, there's the 3.5m large petition still running, which ironically was made by a leave voter in May, in case they lost. How rich. The referendum is 99% not going to be re-run, but Brexit could still in theory be stopped.
Cameron made a good move resigning, whoever takes his place in office is dooming themselves to political suicide - invoking A50 and leaving, therefore dooming the UK to whatever trade deals, market crashes, and years of negotiations may be needed, or not calling A50 and getting politically murdered for not doing so.

Scotland WILL go independent as the original vote was based around remaining in the EU, which they're now being taken out of unwillingly.

At the end of the day, it's going to take a very long time, and we'll still be in the same position almost, just worse off with a reputation for being a country of isolationist bigots. Leave campaign claim about joining the single market, which as a requirement, gives the UK an obligation to pay in, just as we were to the EU, and stipulates the free movement of workers and citizens. No changes to immigration there, idiots.

The majority of people my age I've spoken to that voted leave, ended up being crucified by myself for having 0 knowledge about why they voted, or a reason to back it up, or discuss it with me.
"i dont wnana be fucked around by a faceless bunch of fuckers un the eu" implying the 56 times we voted against EU law is remotely close to the 2466 times we voted to introduce legislation, is being fucked around by faceless fuckers.

Bad decision anyway. Potentially largest political decision of the century based on lies, won by unknowledgeable idiots, in which two of the primary promises were broken within hours of the result, on a 72% turnout, with only 1m vote difference. Hardly a landslide. 38% of the population =/= majority.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom