Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Edwyn's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwyn

Username: Edwyn

Name
Edwyn

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year? Yes, Rank #1 on Blackwonder UK Minecraft World, blackwonder Minecraftworld, blackwonder mario kart UK, Blackwonder Mario Kart

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Have you read the forum guide on how to apply? Yes

Your SteamID2

Your DiscordID
Edwyn#2845

Have you managed servers previously? No

On what servers do you usually play on, and which servers would you like to moderate?
Very active on Blackwonder Minecraftworld A7 UK and also Blackwonder Minecraftworld a7.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I spend a lot of time playing on blackwonder servers and would like to contribute to the community positively. I encounter many scenarios in which players actively break rules and guidelines in order to ruin the fun of others trying to have a positive experience on blackwonder servers, and would like to be able to assist in preventing negative interactions such as these on your servers.

Do you know or have spoken to any of the current staff members? No

How often do you play TF2?
Daily

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the servers you want to moderate
Warning and Gagging people who break rules such as hate speech, banning those who indulge in cheating.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? No

Goth Bunny

Sufficiently Lethal
Hiya~!

Your time on our servers are good.
Bilde_2023-01-18_161119075.png

You have no bans or comms
But your chat logs are odd and old but some fairly new
Bilde_2023-01-18_161424194.png
Bilde_2023-01-18_161635456.png
Bilde_2023-01-18_161513767.png
Other then most are old. I see not much problems!

Your application laks of information for the proper review.
Please read the guild line in how to apply. (Clike me)

You can also edit the application so no need to re-make the applitaction.

Best of luck~!

Edwyn

Yeahhh, I kinda get a pass on my chat history because of my orientation (gay asf). But I'll edit my application, thanks for the advice.

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Yeahhh, I kinda get a pass on my chat history because of my orientation (gay asf). But I'll edit my application, thanks for the advice.
I actually am sympathetic to this sentiment. A minority group reappropriating slurs that were once used as tools for social control is a real phenomenon, and I think that in some cases, it can even empower minority groups: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reappropriation.

My issue stems with you calling other people the slurs. I think it's fine if you are trying to reappropriate and you and a personal friend have the goal of healing in mind, but our users might not know that. Without this level of articulation (which I think is fair to expect from you on a staff application), people may perceive this as a cop-out. I know it isn't fair for oppressed groups to educate others on this subject, but ultimately staff applications have blw's best interests in mind.

In any case, people might not be aware that reapproproation and healing is the goal, especially if all you say is "well I'm gay so I'm allowed to say it." I understood where you were coming from, but as you can see, this miscommunication led Jim to believe you were being insincere, and he submitted what he perceived to be an equally insincere reply.

Overall, I don't think I can set a precedent accepting an application with your reply being what it is. I think this had the potential to be a really teachable moment, and an opportunity for you to demonstrate how you would handle equally teachable moments as a staff member. I totally understand where you are coming from with the slur usage, and I don't think that it is my place to tell you how you need to heal. I encourage you to increase your activity levels on the forums and Discord, only use the slur amongst people you know are also trying to reappropriate and heal, and consider reapplying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 22)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom