Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Resolved Donor Seemlingly Useless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clientofwar

Scarcely Lethal
So I just attempted to join one of the TF2 Class wars servers and it took me about 15-20 minutes to get in. According to the Donor perks, you get reserved slots. However 5-6 people who were not Donors got in ahead of me and I continuously got the "Server is full" message. I have Donor Plus and it clearly says "Reserved Slots" as one of the perks

Just confused why I'm not being prioritized over regular players when one of the listed perks is reserved slots. If this isn't actually a thing, why is on the list of donor perks? On any other server if you have donor status and you get reserved slots, you always get in before anyone regular players and generally someone is kicked to make a slot for you. Or a slot is always empty, like 31/32, and the 32nd slot goes to donors. However the server browser constantly showed 31/32 every time I tried to join, and 5-6 people were able to get in before me even though I had Auto-Retry on. Those 5-6 people were not donors.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
So I just attempted to join one of the TF2 Class wars servers and it took me about 15-20 minutes to get in. According to the Donor perks, you get reserved slots. However 5-6 people who were not Donors got in ahead of me and I continuously got the "Server is full" message. I have Donor Plus and it clearly says "Reserved Slots" as one of the perks
Not all servers have reserved slots. Servers with 32 player capacity do not have reserved slots due to Source game limitations.

I'm not 100% sure how the reserved slot settings are here, but there are two ways to configure reserved slots:
- keep some slots reserved for donors (both hide and show the empty slots are available)
- kick players when a donor joins

As far as I know, we don't kick players due to slot reservation, we use the former method of keeping some slots empty for donors. This means once the donor slots are full, donors have to queue too.

Clientofwar

Scarcely Lethal
Another example. 30/32 and I cannot join the server. It refuses to load me in and will always say "Server Full". Nobody has joined except normal players. Yet I still get refused when trying to join. Something is wrong with your systems. Either that or you are preventing me specifically from joining.

It's like this with all your servers. I paid for Donator. I should get Donor slots, right? I don't. Regular users are getting the slots instead of me. 30/32 and I was rejected every time. Couple minutes later I see a new player has joined. That player is not a Donor. Maybe fix your system. It's broken.

Attachments

• Server Full.jpg
    Server Full.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 49

Pienamai

Face Melting
Not all servers have reserved slots. Servers with 32 player capacity do not have reserved slots due to Source game limitations.
I doubt that, 32 servers almost always have only 31 players on them, and I believe the 32nd slot is a reserved spot due to getting the same fail join message as you'd get on other servers with a reserved slot.
The last slot is for a staff member!
It isn't afaik, how'd you get this info?
The donor page pretty clearly advertises a reserved slot for donors so I don't see a reason it'll be staff only, as well as staff (at least me and crikey) not even being able to access it

Clientofwar

Scarcely Lethal
Just going to say it again. Every time I try to join a Blackwonder server that says it's at 30/32 or 31/32, I can never get in. Even though I paid for Donator Plus. However I see regular non-donator users getting in instead of me. Just queued up and put the server browser on Auto-Retry. However as soon as it starts loading it just says "server full".

So I go back and look at the server. Still 31/32. Within a couple seconds I see someone load in and is clearly not a donor. I don't understand why I'm not being prioritized above regular users. Like even if all the reserved slots are taken, I as a donor should get priority above non-donors when attempting to connect to a Blackwonder server. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

Clientofwar

Scarcely Lethal
Takes me atleast 15-20 minutes to join any Blackwonder server. Apparently I paid $40 so I can resize my hands and that's about it.

Pienamai

Face Melting
Only 24 player servers have reserve slots. They have 2 reserve slots in addition to the 24 regular slots, bringing the slot count to 26 on them.
Due to game limits, 32 player servers don't have them, it's a sync issue when it shows a free spot. If it does not let you join a server with 31 players it's due to the server actually being full with 32 without the player count updating.
I as a donor should get priority above non-donors when attempting to connect to a Blackwonder server
I don't think a priority queue like that is possible, but I'm not a dev so I got no idea.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
32 player servers don't support reserved slots, and if they did, to use the slot you need to connect to the server through the console using it's IP.

Deleted User 4826

Uncharitable
Notably, sometimes tf2 won't register players ingame in spectator as apart of the player count so when it looks likes it's only 31 players, it's actually 32 for example
I know this is necro but hdbdb it's 9 pm leave me alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom