Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Dodgeball Suggestions

Weegeee

Unremarkable

Landogg

I have some ideas for dodgeball that I'd like to see happen.

/vrs Command

A simple command that allows players to vote on a rocket speed change. Would be fun to play with a faster rocket at times.

Rocket Rework

I feel like the normal advanced rocket doesn't really home in that well. In addition, for a rocket that is supposedly advanced. It takes a surprising amount of airblasts to really get it moving fast. The rocket is also very stiff and while I understand the existence of the wave server I would like to see this rocket have at least some waviness to it. In its current state, the rocket is dreadfully slow and seems to not home in well at higher speeds (roughly 170-240) but does eventually home in again starting at the 300's. I feel like some people would disagree on changing the rocket, but I just want to throw out my opinions of the rocket.

Bot Change

The dodgeball bot is a great practice tool but it's very tedious having to deal with it orbiting unrealistic speeds. Not only is this inhumane but it sort of ruins the flow of the game whenever I try to speed/rally with it. I would like to see the orbiting mechanic get removed or reworked because it does not properly mirror human-like performance.

Add Maps

While most of the current maps are fine, I would like to see the addition of more maps into the servers (it's nice to see something new once in a while). Here are some suggestions.

tfdb_cwg_gym_v1
A map on the smaller side with an invisible barrier preventing players to walk to each other's sides (unless you manage to rocket jump above it). There are no major problems and it's a unique map due to its small size. Players who enjoy fighting close - mid-range would have a great time on it and it's great practice for such distances. The overall lighting and color of the map make both the rocket and players easy to see and there is nothing that really distracts the players.

tfdb_amazon_b1
This map is also fairly small but has some nice aesthetic to it that many players would enjoy. It feels nice to play on and while the river in the center has a slight dip it shouldn't impact gameplay as much as groove does. The lighting is nice and the skybox isn't very distracting. There is a constant lightning effect on players but it doesn't seem to affect gameplay.

tfdb_catland_v1
Catland is a fairly straightforward map that looks great and has even better gameplay. Similar to maps like octagon and rocketbucks but without the annoying space skybox. The rocket is easy to see and the map doesn't interfere with gameplay. The unique circular shape of the map is also a nice addition. The invisible border that surrounds the map can sometimes be a nuisance but it's overall not that bad. Players might be able to hit the rocket down the missile hatch in the middle which could arise as a potential problem.

tfdb_float_a3
I've played this map in the past and have had a great time on it. There might be some problems on the map with a bounce rocket but nothing game-breaking. Players are able to cqc by jumping on platforms that connect the teams. The middle-most platform has a trigger-hurt that deals constant but low damage to discourage players from staying in the middle. It is a very large map that favors far-distance combat but is still enjoyable nonetheless.

tfdb_butts_a4
An extremely simple map but has great lighting and favors close - mid-range combat. The map is open for all players to roam which allows players to have fun and cqc each other. The map is like a larger version of greybox without the trigger-hurt in the middle. The boxing ring-like walls of the map can possibly be a distraction but it overall shouldn't be that distracting.

tfdb_flatter_ass_final
A map I made myself, it's just a basic box-styled map but it shouldn't have any gameplay issues (like ledging). There is an invisible wall marked by a black border on the ground to indicate the play area. The overall lighting of the map is dark but not too dark to where players can't be seen, this should hopefully make the rocket and players easy to see. I had some fun with props outside of the play area to create a lively feeling while playing on the map. I've ran a dodgeball plugin on it to make sure everything functions and it worked fine. Its size is similar to desert madness but less wide and slightly less long.

tfdb_inferno_a5
This map is very simplistic with 2 platforms for each team to fight on. It favors far-distance combat as players have no way to actually reach each other. The unique factor of this map is the glass floor on each team's platform that allows projectiles to travel through it. This makes the map very fun from personal experience and I would like to see how the map plays with the blackwonder rocket.

US West Coast Servers

I would love to have some west coast dodgeball servers. While my ping in the normal US dodgeball servers is adequate. It would be much nicer to have only 20-30 ping in an LA server instead of the usual 70-90 I get playing in the normal US server. Not sure how many other players are on the west coast, but my options for Arizona dodgeball servers are fairly limited, so this would be a welcoming addition.

I'd like to see some feedback on some suggestions (especially my map). I look forward to seeing everyone's opinions.

Attachments

• tfdb_butts_a4.bsp
    3 MB · Views: 103
  • tfdb_catland_v1.bsp
    25 MB · Views: 102
  • tfdb_cwg_gym_v1.bsp
    10.8 MB · Views: 98
  • tfdb_float_a3.bsp
    9.9 MB · Views: 103
  • tfdb_inferno_a5.bsp
    1.1 MB · Views: 94
  • tfdb_amazon_b1.bsp
    1.3 MB · Views: 107
  • tfdb_flatter_ass_final.bsp
    1.3 MB · Views: 113

Zonas

Sufficiently Lethal
Staff Member
Admin
We have different servers for a reason, there is no need for a ''vrs''

We are not trying to be ''competitive'', the rocket has to be playable for most people so we get a lot of players on the server.
That is why the rocket has a wide turn rate and slow speed
The term advanced is just there to tell you that it will be faster than the easy server
And it doesn't have to be ''wavy'', you have wave servers for that

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Our rockets are a staple in our community. We have 4 different servers now with 4 different playstyles. I think we sufficiently cover different speeds.

Bot has been updated since post and maps I think were largly processed, if not you are free to open suggestion threads under map suggestions.

Thanks

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom