Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined doctorsauce's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctorsauce

Strange
User name: doctorsauce

Name
Adam

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year. Yes, I've played for a good few weeks now, if not at least a month or two.

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No, I've recieved no punishments whatsoever

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No, I have not. This is my first application.

Do you have a microphone? No I do not have access to one.

Have you read the guide, on how to apply? Yes. However when I applied I was given a template with boxes to fill in so I gave information I thought pertinent and succinct.

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:1:44025908

Your DiscordID
Zafari Wylderness#7435

Have you managed servers previously? Yes, Dispenz0r's fun server was the most recent one.

Which servers have you previously managed?
Dispenz0r's Fun Server (Retired)
Lazypurple's Server (Retired)

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
I typically rotate through the US/UK x100 servers, going on whichever ones have the highest player count. Though I am happy to moderate any that would help people out most.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I decided to apply on Wednesday 23rd of September 2020 after witnessing a hacker use backtrack, interp and reach cheats to make himself practically unkillable. He even admitted to owning as much, by repeatedly spamming the chat with taunting messages about doing so. I want to become a moderator to stop things like this from happening, as there doesn't seem to be a strong moderator presence in x100, and I'd like to help people enjoy the game as much as possible, as well as keeping the community cheat free. I was previously a Moderator for Dispenz0r's Fun Server, having access to various resize, colour, text and other fun commands to help keep the community happy.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? No, unfortunately.

How often do you play TF2?
At least twice a week, if not more. I wish I could play more, but I do have a part-time job that I am responsible for.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
Warning players if needed, giving a second warning and then a kick. If the player returns and continues to break the rules, then one last warning and a ban.

As for when I'd do the following:

Mute: Only with excessive unpleasnt noises, micspamming or michogging, assuming someone else wants to take a turn.
Gag: Use of racial slurs/hate speech, use of derogatory terms, excessive chat spamming (where applicable), Any form of chat blanking.
Silence: Only if a player who has already been gagged then tries to use the mic to cause a disturbance or vice versa.
Spray ban: Any sprays featuring adult content, excessive gore, exploitation of minors (Real or otherwise), disturbing content, racist/hate images, derogatory images.
Kick: Only after their third warning, unless otherwise escalated.
Slay/smite/explode: Only to prevent spawncamping where possible, or to test if someone has cheats enabled (assuming there is any cause for concern)
ban: Only if I can absolutely 100% guarentee a player is hacking, otherwise it will only happen after their 6th warning.

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I was a moderator on DFS for a year, and the same on Lazypurple's fun server. I retired due to a mix of college and work a few years back. I am now fit and able to continue here, if desired.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? No

Last edited:

doctorsauce

Strange
Please consider reviewing the guide and maybe other apps.
When I posted to the forum it gave me the boxes to fill in. I just assumed that it was best to keep things succinct. Also, generally speaking, I've looked at other apps and they seem to mostly be for dodgeball/jailbreak, while the information there is useful it doesn't all necessarily translate. Still, thanks for the feedback and sorry if it seems a little rough, I just made some edits now.

Any further help would be appreciated.

Sophisticated Scout

Unremarkable
Staff Member

scout

Alright there's a few things that need fixing in this app.

first of your punishment ladder, you need to make a ladder for rules that could be broken (for instance a proper punishment ladder for spawn camping would be "Warning > Slay > 30min Ban > 1hr Ban > 6hr Ban > 1 Day Ban > 1 Week Ban > 2 Week Ban > 1 Month Ban > Perm Ban")

Also, generally speaking, I've looked at other apps and they seem to mostly be for dodgeball/jailbreak
all applications include the General rules (i.e no mic spam, no hacking, no chat spam, etc. etc.) so i suggest you look at recently accepted ones for a grasp on how you should punish players.

do NOT copy and paste anything because your app will lose alot of its credibility and most certainly will be declined

you have a good ammount of server time.

nothing too bad in the chat logs, although maybe tone it down when calling players profanity (i.e "I'm still alive in the pits, you fucks." and "
22 of you motherfuckers tryna camp Blu spawn")

overall your main thing holding you back is your punishment ladder, work on that and you have a decent chance of being accepted

Attachments

• Screenshot (60).png
    Screenshot (60).png
    7.9 KB · Views: 153
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom