Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Do you think Sniper is overpowered?

Do you think Sniper is overpowered? Has your opinion changed?

• No, and my opinion has changed.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Underscore

Somewhat Threatening
When fighting against Snipers, especially good ones, I've noticed something. Quickscoping seems a bit strong. Too strong. Being able to deal 150 damage instantly at any time from any place seems like a good recipe for an absolute powerhouse of a class. Some people don't think so. Some people think that where Sniper is at is just fine, because "it takes a lot of skill to actually be able to hit quickscopes," but from what I've seen, and from personal experience, uh, nah. Nah, not even close. It may seem hard, and at first it certainly is, but once your aim is up to par, you may become unstoppable. For example, aimbot is a tool that makes a player's aim near perfect. But, some people have already gotten as close to perfect as possible, and to my surprise, it's not even that hard. It just takes time, and some people have a lot of time on their hands. The heads in TF2 may be small, but they're a lot easier to hit up close. This is what makes quickscoping so powerful. With next to no delay on when you scope in versus when you can hit a headshot (yes I'm aware there's a very small nick of time where even when scoped in, you can't headshot), and the head of a certain player being big enough to hit easily, it can feel unfair when you perfectly flank behind the Sniper, but he notices you, scopes in, and before you even notice that he's trying to shoot you, you've already had a bullet attached to your forehead. It can feel frustrating, but when you're the Sniper, it comes as second nature. Unless you haven't played Sniper very much, hitting a shot like that would seem easy, and perfectly fair, but it doesn't look like that from the outside. This is why I think quickscoping should be nerfed. Of course, we can't do much about it ourselves; we'd have to get the TF2 team to pretty much rework Sniper completely, But what do you think? Do you agree with what I'm saying, or do you think I'm just some "salty kid" complaining because I keep getting owned by good Snipers? Has your opinion changed after reading this? Let me know, because I'd love to hear it!

This has been Underscore, ranting about Snipers. GG, EZ.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
for me personally, it all depends on context. I believe that if you actually work as a team, such as medic giving overheal buffs and spies actually doing their jobs, I believe a good sniper won't be as big a threat as you claim it to be. Of course, snipers are dangerous if they are good, in a competetive setting or not. You have to respect their whole sightline. Still, this doesn't mean that he's overpowered IMO.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
IMO it's the same with scout, for example. He is extremely powerful, the top one on one class in the game, and in the hands of a professional, he can beat an entire competitive team. Any class in the right hands is very powerful, it's mainly about aim and their maximum damage output, making use of loadout switches and weapon combos.

Bigunit

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
There is no way you can deal against enemy sniper, if he is being covered by a good team. Only a sniper can defeat a sniper.
I would nerf a "quickscoping" or dealing less damage depends the range, like ambassador.
Of course its just my personal opinion, every "sniper mains" will disagree with me.

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
Let's decrease damage when shooting far away targets with a device which is meant to kill far away targets. Truly innovative.

I have a solution which will solve your issue in no time:
get good.

Underscore

Somewhat Threatening
I have... certain opinions... about The Ambassador

It's not that I'm sick of dying to it

The stock revolver actually puts out more DPS

But

Spy doesn't need a headshot gun???

That's not how the class works

'Course I'm not denying that it's fun to use

It's just

You might as well be playing Sniper if you're just headshotting people

Last edited:

Bigunit

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Let's decrease damage when shooting far away targets with a device which is meant to kill far away targets. Truly innovative.

I have a solution which will solve your issue in no time:
get good.
I was meaning decrease damage when shooting at close range targets, like an ambassador with his range nerf.

Puddin²

Nº1 Closet Hacker
Staff Member
Admin

Puddin'

Aside from the necroposting taking place, I have to agree with OP about how Sniper is literally the most broken class in TF2, and this is coming from a certified Sniper main. (14 hours and counting, boys).

Sniper is easy to play, and while it could be said that he's hard to master, that's just shit Sniper mains say to make themselves feel better. If you can't play Sniper, you're bad.

What do you mean? The class that one shots most of the other classes at long range shouldn't be able to do it in close range? Bollocks. It just takes """skill""".

Sniper shouldn't be able to win a duel vs a Heavy at close/medium range? Again, """skill""" is involved, obviously.

Don't get me wrong, I love playing Sniper in TF2 and other games but it'll always be an overpowered piece of shit class that edgelords flock to, case in point, me.

- XxDarkAsassinxX

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Top Bottom