Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"Do you like the song above?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frama

what do i do and who am i
Post your opinions on the song posted above you, then post your own song for the person below to provide their opinion on. Good way to find and share music.

I'll start.

Try to give a detailed opinion, rather than just "I like it, here's my song" or "I don't like it, here's my song." Does it fit your taste of music? If not, can you appreciate it anyway? Elaborate please. Make sure to solve for x and show your work.

Winter

Protector of the Realm
Really nice beat, I'm not really a huge fan of RHCP but this one is really great. I love the funky rhythm it has and how it merges some rock aspects with this weird trance type mood. Not necessarily my style, but I like it nonetheless.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

What genre is this? Can't decide if this song makes me calm or a little sad. Anyways it's a pretty cool mix and I enjoyed listening to it but I'm not sure when I'd listen to it again since it gives me this weird calm but sad vibe.
I checked out his other song "They Don't Understand" which gave me similar thoughts. To sum it up it's outside of the box of music I listen to, and although I like it I'm just not in the mood to listen to this over and over. Saved it down for later. -smile-

It's hard to decide what to post now :d

Winter

Protector of the Realm
Yep, that's kinda the main "message" of his music, most of it. The guy who made these songs is a MASSIVE Youtuber with a few million subs by the name of FilthyFrankTV, he has a couple more channels with ~500k subs. His channel is pretty much 100% cancer. He tried to break free from only focusing on doing cancer videos to do other nice stuff but his fanbase raged so hard. So he started doing his music pretty much in secret, he wouldn't advertise it or anything so that the cancerous part of his fanbase won't rage. So I feel like he is portraying how he feels in the music he makes. It's extremely saddening but it's beautiful music nonetheless.

This is the first time I hear about this artist. Honestly I really like this song. The instrumental is pretty cool, I don't really like this type of blank verse singing honestly, but the music itself is nice in any case. The music video made me clench by butt really hard tho.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Seems like this will be a thread between me and you Winter c:
Another kind of sad song huh? This time a classic. I'm not some huge Beatles fan but they do have some gr8 songs and this is one of them. Never heard this version though, only the version that's on my phone somewhere. (that version is far better imo) Ohh found it: http://www.everymusic.org/en/mp3/the-beatles/yesterday/

I can't just ruin this sad vibe now.
This song is inspired by the Hungarian "szomorú vasárnap" (Sad Sunday) The original song got famous because when the great depression hit Hungary, several people committed suicide in Budapest holding the original songs sheet music in their hands. It got famous as the anthem of the people who suicide or abroad, "Hungarian Suicide Song". It's ironic that the guy who wrote the song could never surpass his success, he scattered his money, when he was old he played this song over and over, one day he jumped out of his balcony, got in a hospital and strangled himself with the wire that kept him alive.

Shhhh, it's okay
If anyone wants to keep this thread alive just go with the first song. So this message is for Winter alone basically.

Winter

Protector of the Realm
That was literally the song I was gonna post next.
There's this very weird vibe to it that just gets to you, it's a very, very weird song.

This little girl singing it literally gave me chills. I don't even know how to explain it.

This is the unmodernized version, I feel like it really hits me more than the newer version. It's one of those songs where you can't help but nod in rhythm to.

Spunkie

Scarcely Lethal

bam

Really nice beat, I'm not really a huge fan of RHCP but this one is really great. I love the funky rhythm it has and how it merges some rock aspects with this weird trance type mood. Not necessarily my style, but I like it nonetheless.

I never knew Filthy Frank was such an amazing artist. To think behind the vomit, the animal-like behavior and pink suit, it's hard to see him as a regular and cool guy. Looking at some Vidcon 2016 videos, people were afraid to approach him at first, thinking that he would probably do some weird dance or whatever. That's not how it turned out to be, people starting to like him afterwards now that they know the real Filthy Frank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom