Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Resolved do this mean the textures are invalid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paragon

Foster The People

Paragon

Real talk dude, if you dont know how to edit maps then dont. Were you even allowed to edit the map? Because im sure the creator made it like that for a reason.

emu

Sufficiently Lethal
Real talk dude, if you dont know how to edit maps then dont. Were you even allowed to edit the map? Because im sure the creator made it like that for a reason.
Why wouldn't he be allowed to study a map and its components, while getting practice with Hammer?

Paragon

Foster The People

Paragon

Why wouldn't he be allowed to study a map and its components, while getting practice with Hammer?

At no point was saying he cant study and learn mapping but im asking this because he is trying to add healpacks into famous 2 but is having problems with it. Where im comming from is, doesnt it seem somewhat rude he is editing someone elses work without permission?

I support people who want to learn and do something that can be extremely cool and useful but if you are going to start off by editing someone elses work shouldnt you at least ask?

Im not hating, im just skeptical.

(Im not saying he didnt ask either btw.)
((I can be wrong with this aswell and he is probably making his own maps but all we have seen related to mapping with him is him trying to add healthpacks to someones map ))

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
At no point was saying he cant study and learn mapping but im asking this because he is trying to add healpacks into famous 2 but is having problems with it. Where im comming from is, doesnt it seem somewhat rude he is editing someone elses work without permission?

I support people who want to learn and do something that can be extremely cool and useful but if you are going to start off by editing someone elses work shouldnt you at least ask?

((I can be wrong with this aswell and he is probably making his own maps but all we have seen related to mapping with him is him trying to add healthpacks to someones map ))

As long as he doesn't publish it as his own, I can almost guarantee the original creator wouldn't care that he's editing the map to learn how to use hammer editor. Besides, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

ckswarey

Spectacularly Lethal

Maybe I should have asked. I try to learn the best I can from hammer on how it works and also i’m Thinking about putting more ammo packs all well just in case there’s a large amount of players
As long as he doesn't publish it as his own, I can almost guarantee the original creator wouldn't care that he's editing the map to learn how to use hammer editor. Besides, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
I’m not going going to punish it as my own because in my opinion it’s cheating

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
Maybe I should have asked. I try to learn the best I can from hammer on how it works and also i’m Thinking about putting more ammo packs all well just in case there’s a large amount of players

I’m not going going to punish it as my own because in my opinion it’s cheating

Then you'll be fine. There is absolutely nothing wrong with modifying a map in order to learn.

Alex.bsp

Professional Nap Taker
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
I like how no one tried to answer his question, nor tried to tag a mapper.

Yes, you're missing textures for the map you're editing. Best way to fix that problem is by downloading the textures from eitherGameBananaorTF2Maps.
To get your textures to work, simply followthis videoat 1:36 to put it in the right folder.

ckswarey

Spectacularly Lethal
I like how no one tried to answer his question, nor tried to tag a mapper.

Yes, you're missing textures for the map you're editing. Best way to fix that problem is by downloading the textures from eitherGameBananaorTF2Maps.
To get your textures to work, simply followthis videoat 1:36 to put it in the right place in your folder.
Thank you so much
On person said use 3D texture

Alex.bsp

Professional Nap Taker
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Thank you so much
btw, you don't have to ask the original creator to edit his/her map. Like what @Steve Harvey Oswald said "As long as he doesn't publish it as his own", so just don't run around saying it's your map even though it's not. :p

Edit: I forgot, you can also turn on 3D Texture to view them. Woops! Guess someone on tf2maps beat me to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom