Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined do so warden can kill freedays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Console

Server Clearing
i have no idea if there already have been a theard about this but lets get started

so i have seen alot of freedays blocking pressing button to open cell doors pressing buttons in Dearthrun so they can't do the minigame and its pissing the guards/warden because the freedays is there a option to do so ONLY warden can kill freedays?

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
This is something called: "Freeday Abuse".
Please record a demo and report the player. ;)

Kowii

Inactive, But always lurking.

Kow

It would be abused by several wardens.
I see no sense in adding something like this.
Like Lucas said:
This is something called: "Freeday Abuse".
Please record a demo and report the player. ;)

Console

Server Clearing
okay i dont think this will go anywere so i think you just should decline this thansk

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
Let's just wait for input of other players before we decline/accept.

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

To easily abused, so I disagree. I think we've actually had this conversation many times before. It's not worth it.

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

Pretty sure this topic has been brought up before, but making it so that the warden does have the power to kill Freeday's can be abused and the Freeday's could die from a misclick or a stray rocket if the warden is a klutz.
If they're abusing their freeday they occasionally get slain so it's not too much of a problem tbh.

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Allowing wardens to kill freedays is really not that bad.

In my earlier jailbreak days, there would be way more freedays ruining the game for the others than there were wardens accidentally killing them. While a poor warden can be teambanned while any donor is on, a poor freeday can only be removed by an online admin, which is much more of a hassle (or a very temporary solution in the form of a voteslay, check next paragraph for unbalanced punishments).

Likewise, a blue can be punished for any 'bad-blue-team-behaviour' via a teamban and at least still play on the red team or on other servers in the meanwhile, whereas a repeat freeday abuser would have to suffer a full ban or receive no punishment at all aside from a removed freeday. Which again, can still only happen with an admin on, and a server utterly dependant on available staff is a shit server. Not to mention these are incredibly unbalanced punishments. Adding freeday bans is overly complex and a dumb idea in its own right.

In fact, the only downsides to warden-vulnerable freedays are:
  • Wardens unaware of rules - these already get punished. Their solution is to learn the rules.
  • People making mistakes - this already happens as is, and is actually just completely unavoidable.
If implemented, the worst case scenario for any given round is that 1-3 freedays get freekilled and have to skip a match. This, I say from experience, is not quite as common as a round-ruining freeday.

Can't remember what my verdict was last time this suggestion came up, or if we even had the discussion, but this is what I believe now, after a long period of invulnerable freedays.

lg4dcv

Mildly Menacing

UwU

I like it but can easily be abused...or even if a warden doesn't warn them and just shoots (Yes I understand there'd be punishment but it's still a lost free day no matter what)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 9)

Top Bottom