Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined do so votemute, votegag, voteslince is 1 hour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Console

Server Clearing
so when i votemute/votegag someone and the vote is successf ull then they are only gagged/muted for 30min so i wanna suggest if we can make it 1 hour instead of 30min, because 30min is not very long since after 30min then the person will probaly spam/micspam again.

Oxi-moron

Truly Feared
I could get behind a better idea: giving players the choice between 30 min. to 2 hours of vote mute or vote gag....Either that or make each vote gag /mute be worse than the last (ex: the first vote wold be 30 min but each mute done to said player will add 30 min to last punishment and use as current punishment)

Oxi-moron

Truly Feared
not always, as each individual vote would be cast and more than likely at times lower amounts of time will be chosen

Puddin'

Scarcely Lethal

Puddin'

Isn't the duration of a successful !votemute supposed to reflect the average duration of an admin mute? Browsing through the recently accepted admin applications, it seems to be 30 minutes for the first mute, increasing in severity based on how bad the spam is or if it's continued after the mute times out.

30 minute !votemutes are fine in my opinion as they can be, sometimes, abused by donators and if the player keeps spamming, either try to votemute him again or simply call an admin and said admin will provide a suitable punishment for the situation at hand.

Oxi-moron

Truly Feared
Isn't the duration of a successful !votemute supposed to reflect the average duration of admin? Browsing through the recently accepted admin applications, it seems to be 30 minutes for the first mute, increasing in severity based on how bad the spam is or if it's continued after the mute times out.

30 minute !votemutes are fine in my opinion as they can be, sometimes, abused by donators and if the player keeps spamming, either try to votemute him again or simply call an admin and said admin will provide a suitable punishment for the situation at hand.
so it's basically what I said as a second option? Don't see a reason to complain then

Oxi-moron

Truly Feared
No, the duration of a votemute should be static (30 minutes) as giving donators more power to abuse isn't good.

Better safe than sorry.
then use my second idea but put a cool down so that 30 mins after the person's gag/mute wears off the donor has to wait 30 min. to mute that person again

tom7351

Mildly Menacing
i would make it like oxi-moron but you require more votes for a longer mute

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

You would rather add a 30min cooldown for donators so they can't mute someone directly after their mute wears off?

..And if the person continues being a toxic shitbag, then what? "Oh no this new system doesn't work, this toxic asshat is still screaming/insulting/spamming/whatever, and now I can't mute him because of this 30min cooldown"

The system is fine as it currently stands, but making the gags/mutes longer wouldn't be a bad idea aside from longer donator abuse-based mutes/gags.

tom7351

Mildly Menacing
You would rather add a 30min cooldown for donators so they can't mute someone directly after their mute wears off?

..And if the person continues being a toxic shitbag, then what? "Oh no this new system doesn't work, this toxic asshat is still screaming/insulting/spamming/whatever, and now I can't mute him because of this 30min cooldown"

The system is fine as it currently stands, but making the gags/mutes longer wouldn't be a bad idea aside from longer donator abuse-based mutes/gags.
I think donators wouldn't do that because they don't risk getting a ban, so i don't think this is a valid anwser

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

Go to sourcebans and type "abuse" in the search option. I'm sure you'll find all my answers.
You'll have to actually look at them individually, since some are map abuse or call abuse.

Also considering several Jailbreak players have witnessed Donator abuse many times in the last month or so, including myself (when my computer hasn't tried to bluescreen me), I'd say this was a valid point to make.

tom7351

Mildly Menacing
Go to sourcebans and type "abuse" in the search option. I'm sure you'll find all my answers.
You'll have to actually look at them individually, since some are map abuse or call abuse.
please don't act like the smartass. Those people have learned, the hard way but they have learned, abuse is a broad word. it can be abuse of a map or donator perks so, yeah.

Console

Server Clearing
okay let's say there is a freekiller on jailbreak and there is 1 donor only at that time and no admin is on the you would only be able to votemute him and then you gotta wait 30min, meanwhile the other player could just freekiller over and over again.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

...I'm not being a smartass? I'm providing evidence to prove the point that you claim is invalid?

From my past experience as a player and an admin, I've seen a lot of people donate to a community and then abuse the shit out of their powers because they think they're untouchable. They learn fast that's not the case, but they still do it. The sourcebans here proves it too.

Also yes, "Abuse" is a broad word, but if you notice in my statement, I specifically mentioned DONATOR abuse.

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

Also I think if I remember it right I've been told that if you as a donator get someone muted/gagged you should directly inform an admin about it, so they know about the player and that the player might continue doing what he did on the server once the mute/gag runs out

Last edited:

Console

Server Clearing
please don't act like the smartass. Those people have learned, the hard way but they have learned, abuse is a broad word. it can be abuse of a map or donator perks so, yeah.
and how is he being a smartass? he is just telling you, you could go to sourcebans and search 'abuse' and then you can see how many people have donor's have abused their powers.

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

30 minutes to me seems like plenty of time for someone to punish them for from donators. If longer is needed, then they can make a report or call an admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom