Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Discord Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moku

Sufficiently Lethal
Does anyone have any Discord suggestions other than what I have said?

1. A bot that welcomes anyone who joins.
  2. A leveling bot when you chat inside of discord you again levels, Easier to tell if they have been active
  3. New chat channels these include, Paladins, Any non-steam game, Overwatch, Helper Chat, a Helper Rank? Stream Channel, Announcement Channel (Only for updates) Random Voice Channel?
These are some Ideas

Josh_

Gore-Spattered
I Like your suggestions although We already have TONS of channels and I believe if we add more Channels they will not get used as much as we plan, Maybe we could replace a couple :)

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

1) Meh, kind of useless to be honest.
2) What do you mean? A bot to show how long you have been on the server?
3)
  • Why? Paladins? Go to general, create a private chat. I don't think enough of us play a lot of the same game which play together, so I don't really see why paladins would be added as a chat.
  • Helper Chat -> Request Help
  • Overwatch, please refer to paladins reason.
  • Helper Rank -> Admin (This is basically people trying to get some kind of "authority" over others. Might sound stupid, but that is literally all it is. If you need a rank to help someone, you shouldn't really have it.)
  • Stream Channel, you mean like for twitch streamers to post when they are streaming? Shoutbox, General Chat, Status, Threads are a better please.
  • Announcement Channel, use the forums. It's more "permanent" and you reach a larger audience. Not everyone uses Discord, but anyone who really cares uses the forums.
  • Random Voice Channel, no point, @Viking34 already talked to Bene about sorting out Discord, since we have a lot of useless rooms no one uses. The only rooms which are really used are General, Kool Kidz Klub, Admins, TF2 Europe occasionally, TF2 Jailbreak, Smite and Naughty Corner. But even then, only about 3 of these are used at one time? So adding more isn't really going to add anything to the server.

Moku

Sufficiently Lethal
1) Meh, kind of useless to be honest.
2) What do you mean? A bot to show how long you have been on the server?
3)
  • Why? Paladins? Go to general, create a private chat. I don't think enough of us play a lot of the same game which plays together, so I don't really see why paladins would be added as a chat.
  • Helper Chat -> Request Help
  • Overwatch, please refer to paladins reason.
  • Helper Rank -> Admin (This is basically people trying to get some kind of "authority" over others. Might sound stupid, but that is literally all it is. If you need a rank to help someone, you shouldn't really have it.)
  • Stream Channel, you mean like for twitch streamers to post when they are streaming? Shoutbox, General Chat, Status, Threads are a better, please.
  • Announcement Channel, use the forums. It's more "permanent" and you reach a larger audience. Not everyone uses Discord, but anyone who really cares uses the forums.
  • Random Voice Channel, no point, @Viking34 already talked to Bene about sorting out Discord, since we have a lot of useless rooms no one uses. The only rooms which are really used are General, Kool Kidz Klub, Admins, TF2 Europe occasionally, TF2 Jailbreak, Smite and Naughty Corner. But even then, only about 3 of these are used at one time? So adding more isn't really going to add anything to the server.

I haven't seen very many new discord things it is kinda boring when no one is on....I'm just saying make it more amusing, fun, & last but not least when we get on having an "Announcement Channel" Is a good idea because some people don't use "Forums" Your first reason is putting me off, Why have a CSGO or Smite Room? more people do play those but the ones that play "Paladins" should have a chat to, Just because you don't play it doesn't mean it shouldn't be added. Adding a "Stream Channel" Is a good place to post streams that you are interested in. "Helper Rank" Not just the admins help people everyone else does too, don't you think you should give them credit to? don't get me wrong the helper rank will not be as powerful as the "Admin"

Thanks for the feedback.

Moku

Sufficiently Lethal
I Like your suggestions although We already have TONS of channels and I believe if we add more Channels they will not get used as much as we plan, Maybe we could replace a couple :)
Yes Sir, I hope so to.

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

I haven't seen very many new discord things it is kinda boring when no one is on....I'm just saying make it more amusing, fun, & last but not least when we get on having an "Announcement Channel" Is a good idea because some people don't use "Forums" Your first reason is putting me off, Why have a CSGO or Smite Room? more people do play those but the ones that play "Paladins" should have a chat to, Just because you don't play it doesn't mean it shouldn't be added. Adding a "Stream Channel" Is a good place to post streams that you are interested in. "Helper Rank" Not just the admins help people everyone else does too, don't you think you should give them credit to? don't get me wrong the helper rank will not be as powerful as the "Admin"

Thanks for the feedback.

The smite channel was created because myself, Grizzly, Miyu, Lucas, Will, Golden/Brandon, Decky, Copyright, Irish and a few others were playing at roughly the same time, but we don't anymore. Hence why Viking was discussing with Bene to sort out the channels. Adding more useless rooms isn't very useful. CS:GO has a seperate room entirely specifically at a maximum of 5 people, as quite a few people played CS:GO, again, it may be removed when Bene has time to update it. Streams, again, no point to it, honestly just post it somewhere else. I am still struggling to see why you need a rank to help someone? It's slightly pathetic that you actually want to gain something from helping someone, what happened to the good old just wanting to help someone, because they needed it? Everything that is important is also posted on the forums, if they don't come here, it's there own fault. No need to create more work.

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

Okay since you have agreed with me, and the Discord server has sort of been cleaned up. I will just move this suggestion to the archives.

Thanks for your suggestion though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom