Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Delta's Gag Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta

Sufficiently Lethal

Delta

What was your type of punishment
Gag

What is your SteamID?
STEAM_0:1:151501683

Who has punished you?
Will

Why were you punished?
For apparently making a racist joke

Why should we revoke your punishment?
I said I love nig-nogs, nig-nogs are a type of biscuit, It was a joke. I made the joke because Will is British like myself, I thought he would get the joke but apparently not.

Lolboy

Nolifer Extraordinaire

Lolboy

I'm in a bit of a lazy mood today and can't be asked to check all servers for your exact chat logs prior to your gag. In case necessary it's up to Will to perhaps help me with that.
Aside of this, you already have plenty of comm blocks in general as shown here.
Surely you would at least keep in mind you can't get away with as much as you'd want or hope.

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
I'm in a bit of a lazy mood today and can't be asked to check all servers for your exact chat logs prior to your gag. In case necessary it's up to Will to perhaps help me with that.
Aside of this, you already have plenty of comm blocks in general as shown here.
Surely you would at least keep in mind you can't get away with as much as you'd want or hope.
  1. Chat Logs don't work, so you can't check them.
  2. Are nig-nogs like "negerzoenen" which we have in the netherlands (which changed name to "zoenen" because neger (black person) was "racist".... )
  3. Definition 1, Definition 2.
With the definitions I found, this basically is NOT racist. So being gagged for racism is foolish.
If I am wrong however and I found some weird definitions, please tell me.

Lolboy

Nolifer Extraordinaire

Lolboy

Chat Logs don't work, so you can't check them.
Ah thanks for the information. Wasn't aware of this.
Are nig-nogs like "negerzoenen" which we have in the netherlands (which changed name to "zoenen" because neger (black person) was "racist".... )
I am aware of what it means. I was curious to know in what form he used the possible racial slurs and if that was the only or main reason for the gag.

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

Nig-nogs are a type of biscuit but I don't believe you used the biscuit term. Similar to how Jim says twit instead of twat, people tend to say stuff like "kneegores", "negros" and of course "nig-nogs" to avoid saying nigger and getting punished for it because "its nat rassits!"

That's just my input though.

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/nig-nog - https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/nig-nog - https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nig-nog - the three definitions i find here all described it as an offensive term for black people.

You have clearly used this to try push the boundaries of what you think you can get away with and then seen yourself fuck up so have tried to play it off as saying you like the biscuit, it may not be a commonly known racial term in other parts of the world but is very commonly known as a racial slur here in England and as you are English i shall be using that to determine that you used that version seeing as nig-nog biscuits aren't even sold here in the UK and i had to look very hard to find anything actually about the biscuit. if i remember correctly i had very recently just muted someone for racism as well so you were probably trying to be funny by getting close as you thought you could.

The gag stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom