Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dedicated Map for Blackwonder

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadGaming666

Spectacularly Lethal
Mapper
Overview
I've decided to make maps as a start to where I want to go, and what better way to make maps than to dedicate a map to something. I will be dedicating this map to Blackwonder for the time I have spent on the previous servers (by god, I have spent so much time on the Deathrun servers I practically have half my time of Team Fortress 2 on it XD and that is a while), having seen how well it can approach obstacles, and how well it can take a blow, even if it never recovers. I have tried making a map before. I almost finished the Deathrun part of it but I never finished it because it felt out of place, and I felt like time was crushing me, but with College ending, I will have more free time, and with this sense of relaxation, I can finally finish a map. So I know how to make maps, but with this being dedicated to Blackwonder, I thought I would come here and ask the community what they want in this map. I am open to any suggestions you make in your reply post(s).

Possible Suggestion Ideas
You can suggest what traps you may want, what mini-games you want, what themes you want, whether traps can be BHoped out of or escaped (with certain conditions, such as a safe spot), what Easter eggs and secrets you want (and how to achieve them), and anything else your mind can conjure. I am open to your suggestions and wants. I will only consider them however if they are possible. That is the only condition to it. Of course I will only add in the ones that I consider the best, as I can't add in all of them (even though I will try to). There will also be a music room, and I will have in 5 songs from myself, plus 5 from the community, so also state what song you would like if you want your song in!

Final Notes

I hope to start production on the 11th of July, Monday, 2016. So please try to add in ideas as quickly as possible before I am to finish it. I am predicting it will take up to a month at most, and a week at least. If I have nothing by the 11th of July, I will still start, but I will think of ideas myself, as well as keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone has posted an idea (as I really want the community to have their input). I would also like to know what fellow map makers would like to see from it. :) Wish me luck. :D Thank you for reading.

Edited Notes (Suggestions):
Key
A = Accept/Will be added
D = Decline/Will not be added
C = Considering/May possibly be added

Current Suggestions

1. Secret room of abilities - Timo - A
  2. Dynamic map - Buster - A
  3. Jump the spinning object mini-game - Buster - A
  4. If a door is added, make it possible to find out what door it is - ๖ۣۜBassianus - C (This is only considered as doors being added are not certain)
  5. Unique mini-games - ๖ۣۜBassianus - A
  6. Room for Blackwonder staff frames with 15 frames empty for future staff - 2010wolf CURSED panda Obp - A
  7. Special ability (speed increase) for 10 seconds (for 1 to 4 people) - 2010wolf CURSED panda Obp - A
  8. Trails (rainbow or special) - 2010wolf CURSED panda Obp - A
  9. Staff room rigged to blow in 60 seconds with secret escape - 2010wolf CURSED panda Obp - A
  10. Blueprint and Operation Panda Easter egg - 2010wolf CURSED panda Obp – D (history too complex)
  11. Surny's YouTube channel reference - 2010wolf CURSED panda Obp - A
  12. Traps resembling staff members (with closing in walls for 2010wolf CURSED panda Obp with opening/intro soundtrack from Nichijou) - 2010wolf CURSED panda Obp - A
  13. BHop, platforming, 50/50, guess the colour, arena, and sniper battle - 2010wolf CURSED panda Obp - A
  14. Troll trap that almost crushes to death, then disappears, then either a flash troll appears or a scary image appears and kills them - 2010wolf CURSED panda Obp - A
  15. Escapable trap(s) - DasMalzbier - A
  16. AFK killer - DasMalzbier - A
  17. Way to secret room by escaping a trap in a certain way with a reward being a trail or a display of person's name - DasMalzbier - A
  18. Freerun button - DasMalzbier - A
  19. Trap that teleports players to a mario like level with a bowser like creature following them. If the player survives, the player will go to a secret room - ๖ۣۜBassianus – A
  20. A medic riding a spinning wheel that determines the fat of the play inside. Either FF, slay, burn, explode, smite, and free them are available (with Timo (which laughs that kicks to death)) – DasMalzbier – A
  21. A Shaymin – Timo – C (only because I may not get the model)
  22. A questionnaire trap about puns (with puns provided by ۣۜBassianus) – ۣۜBassianus – A
  23. A train – Spartan
  24. A train with Buster on it – Buster – A
  25. Trap about a pun(s) that provides a question of it is good or bad and whether they survive depends on their answer to the pun of it is bad or not, as the pun is varied – 2010wolf CURSED panda obp and ๖ۣۜBassianus – C (only because I’m not sure if it is possible)
  26. Bene’s face squishing players to the sound of “Get Stuffed” – Noodl – A
  27. Nuke the entire server – Surny – C (only because I’m not sure how to add this)

Close Friend Easter Eggs
Quotes "Know one of those times when you need a piss?" and "Ever get these accidents where you get toilet paper, wipe your arse and your toilet paper doesn't cooperate with you and your finger just slips in?"- KamilB8 - Requested as a close friend
A cookie death trap - Wantedcookie - Requested as a close friend
”SPECIAL” Easter egg - Jengo_F - Requested as a close friend

Current Song Requests
RetroVision & Martin Gutierrez - Flash
MDK - Press Start
Enzo Darren - NOLA

From DeadGaming666

Last edited:

Arcalium

Majestic Tree
I personally don't know all that much about map making or Deathrun in general
so i'll just wish you luck on your creation.
(y)

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
Very nice to See that! I would really appreciate easter eggs. I am a huge Fan of them. Maybe something like a Secret room where you can choose abilities for a Short amount of Time. Like 10 seconds super sprint or huge arms.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

1.: I don't know if you tried the map steamworks? Lot of moving objects, it is really a deathrun not just a static road with 1 way traps.
2.: for minigame I'd like to request the 2. minigame from dr_psykopat black_cutehappyblack_cutehappy

Good luck! I'll message you if i have further ideas.

DeadGaming666

Spectacularly Lethal
Mapper
It most certainly will be a dynamic Deathrun map Buster :D I am not letting it be static, it would be criminal of me otherwise :p
And I can see what I can do about the jumping mini game :)

Bassianus

Retired Pun-Making Skeleton
Huh, good luck DeadGaming in this map making!
I have a couple suggestions:
Please no door related traps where one door is trapped and the other isn't, it delays like mad! But if ya can somehow do it interesting, like there's (somewhere in the map) a changing item / map picture what shows what door it is. If ya can do this (and maybe not too obvious) that would be awesome.
Maybe a trap what is escapable IF ya know what ya doing. That may be cool.
Minigames... make them unique, or atleast not that time-consuminh.

Good luck mate!

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Easter egg: make a room of all the staffs of blackwonder :b ( a huge frame with the profile pictures of them in it, and maybe both owners put them, as well as adding a frame for you in there *after all... this is your map :b *)
and make some extra.. idk 10 or 15 (idk really you decide) other empty profile picture spots for other staffs that may come in the future.
and in the staff room, there will be a power up that gives (1 ~ 4 players) movement speed for 10 seconds OR just a rainbow or special trail behind you. (idk really someone help me on the power-up idea... something much clever and not OP at the same time)
there will also be a bomb that will detonate in (30 ~ 60) seconds (as soon as ANYONE enters the room, as well as displaying how long before the bomb detonates in the screen or just a big noticeable number in the room that shows how much time left before it explodes) unless everyone else in the staff room finds the correct frame to jump across that teleport you to the entrance of the easter egg, and the entrance will be closed as soon as the bomb explodes (and everyone inside and EXACTLY outside of the door entrance will die from the explosion)... or something.

Also... maybe make an easteregg about blueprint and operation panda.
idk just maybe... maybe even make it in the same room of the staff room.

OH OH!!! and the most important thing, make an easter egg about @Surny , about his YT channel or something :X3:

as for the traps, i really think it would be also great if there was a trap made for each staff we have, something that the staff thinks describes him self put into a trap.
and also maybe for the final 1 or 2 traps, you make something that describes you as well.
as for me my trap is just 4 walls closing in an area while having my signature while playing some music from that anime :b

As for the minigames make some Bhob, and platforming, and 50%/50% chance of winning, fighting minigame, and color matching minigame, and a sniper battle minigame (if it's possible), and... well that's all i thought of so far really.

As for the song request... what do you mean by it? is it like a song that starts when pressing a button that everyone in the map can hear?
If so... then i request this song here
JK here :b Or this or this....

UPDATE: a new trap idea... make a trap that when the death activates, everyone inside the area of effect will get trapped in a small box made of glass and see these 4 boxes of troll face closing in, and just before the troll face kills them it disappears (they will still be trapped in the box of glass), 2~3 seconds later a (1. troll face appears again and kills them after 1 seconds-----2. a scary picture appears with a scary scream that kills them after (0.5 ~ 1) second

anyways, wow that's alot of shit to do really xD
good luck with that o_O
I hope your soul rest in some delicious yogurt ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
See ya around :X3:
btw add me c:

Last edited:

Bassianus

Easter egg: make a room of all the staffs of blackwonder :b ( a huge frame with the profile pictures of them in it, and maybe both owners put them, as well as adding a frame for you in there *after all... this is your map :b *)
and make some extra.. idk 10 or 15 (idk really you decide) other empty profile picture spots for other staffs that may come in the future.
and in the staff room, there will be a power up that gives (1 ~ 4 players) movement speed for 10 seconds OR just a rainbow or special trail behind you. (idk really someone help me on the power-up idea... something much clever and not OP at the same time)
there will also be a bomb that will detonate in (30 ~ 60) seconds unless everyone else in the staff room finds the correct frame to jump across that teleport you to the entrance of the easter egg, and the entrance will be closed as soon as the bomb explodes... or something.

Also... maybe make an easteregg about blueprint and operation panda.
idk just maybe... maybe even make it in the same room of the staff room.

OH OH!!! and the most important thing, make an easter egg about @Surny , about his YT channel or something :X3:

as for the traps, i really think it would be also great if there was a trap made for each staff we have, something that the staff thinks describes him self put into a trap.
and also maybe for the final 1 or 2 traps, you make something that describes you as well.
as for me my trap is just 4 walls closing in an area while having my signature while playing some music from that anime :b

As for the minigames make some Bhob, and platforming, and 50%/50% chance of winning, fighting minigame, and color matching minigame, and a sniper battle minigame (if it's possible), and... well that's all i thought of so far really.

As for the song request... what do you mean by it? is it like a song that starts when pressing a button that everyone in the map can hear?
If so... then i request this song here
JK here :b Or this or this....

UPDATE: a new trap idea... make a trap that when the death activates, everyone inside the area of effect will see these 4 boxes of troll face closing in, and just before the troll face kills them it disappears, 3 seconds later a (1. troll face appears again and kills them after 1 seconds-----2. a scary picture appears with a scary scream that kills them after (0.5 ~ 1) second

anyways, wow that's alot of shit to do really xD
good luck with that o_O
I hope your soul rest in some delicious yogurt ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
See ya around :X3:
btw add me c:

1. Long post
2. All yes, just yes to this. All of it.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
Oh ma gawd, I need to think of something! Cause i love dr and want to take my part in this project!
Think...
Think...
Think...
Hah!
How about this:
First, make some traps that can be escaped (like breakable walls) but only if more than... 2 or 3 persons also help. So that's is up to the team to help. Makes things a bit more fun.

Second, because I was too lazy to read everyone's reply, one thing that I always liked in dr was the afk killer (bomb, killer smoke, spike trap...) and the hunter(?) that follows you after a certain ammount of time so that the round won't take too long.

Third, what would also be awesome (in my opinion) is a trap which has more than one way to overcome, meaning two ways. But the second one must be found and only appears if some time passed after the previous trap. And if you found the way maybe let him either skip one or more traps or simply lead him to an awesome place with the stuff, some trail or simply some a button which does something (like displaying a message at the end of the map saying "(name) is awesome!)

And lastly, maybe a button on the beginning of the map for the activator for freeruns. That button should display a message "Freerun!" and either deactivate all traps OR open a new, otherwise not walkable path to the end

These are just some random ideas from me, hope you like and include them
If not, well, I tried

Greeting, DasMalzbier
Seeing forward for the map!

DeadGaming666

Spectacularly Lethal
Mapper
Room of Blackwonder staff members + 10 - 15 empty frames for future staff
Special ability (speed increase) for 10 seconds (for 1 to 4 people)
Trails (rainbow or special)
Staff room rigged to blow in 60 seconds with secret escape
Blueprint and Operation Panda easter egg
Surny's YouTube channel reference
Traps resembling staff members (with closing in walls for 2010wolf CURSED panda Obp)
Bhop, platforming, 50/50, guess the colour, arena, and sniper battle
You don't want a lot, do you, 2010wolf CURSED panda Obp? XD Anyway these seem like great ideas :) I will try to get them all in (I like that troll idea too). The songs you requested have also been added to the song request list, to which I will shorten them down with a poll vote once I feel like there has been enough songs requested and the date for which it ends has come. But you'll have a month or so to keep requesting :p With these requests I am pleased to say this is going to take a while :D

Last edited:

DeadGaming666

Spectacularly Lethal
Mapper
Good suggestions DasMalzbier. These are certainly ones to add, as I agree with some traps being escapable, an AFK killer, and a freerun button. But I also like your idea for escaping a trap. I will see to it that it will get added. :)

DeadGaming666

Spectacularly Lethal
Mapper
Sure :) I'll leave it unspecified for now. I'll be waiting :) (because I may choose the other theme song that sounds like it's saying "gay horse, gay horse, I want a gay horse" (can't get it out of my head XD) without a requested song >: ) jk I would probably result to default and have the theme song, but only if you don't have an idea :p)

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Sure :) I'll leave it unspecified for now. I'll be waiting :) (because I may choose the other theme song that sounds like it's saying "gay horse, gay horse, I want a gay horse" (can't get it out of my head XD) without a requested song >: ) jk I would probably result to default and have the theme song, but only if you don't have an idea :p)
sure,, put the gay horse, i just listened to it now and it's soooooo good on my trap xD

Update: or maybe put the music of the first intro of "the anime" here
put the first 10~11 seconds in there, and i'm pretty sure that's enough time for one trap to activate and kill someone.

Bassianus

Actually, here's a trap idea, the trap activates and who evers in the trap gets transported to a Mario like thing (first level of the first Mario perhaps?). With a Bowser chasing them shortly after they get transported there. They have to get to the end with in a time limit AND not getting killed by Bowser (and if they succeed they survive or something, or a secret room, I dunno.)
Or maybe ya can do this idea without the Mario concept, maybe a Valve based on, or hell, one based off one of the staff members!
Anyways, there certainly has been unique ideas, and hope it goes the best for ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom