Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Deathrun Suggestion: Add dr_PQ

Schtolteheim

Download here on Gamebanana

Alternate download on Proton Drive

Test your intelligence!

dr_PQ is a Deathrun map based on PQ: Practical Intelligence Quotient, a puzzle game I played as a kid. I really vibed with the audiovisual design of the game back then, so I figured, why not make a TF2 map out of it?

Don't ask how my thought process worked on that one.

Features:
  • 17 traps across 4 stages
  • Healthy mix of puzzles and platforming
  • 5 unique minigames
  • Timer and ranking system
  • Toggleable background music (adjusts via music slider)
  • Over 100 custom textures and 28 minutes of custom audio
  • Under 100MB without repacking

Special thanks to:
TeamSpen210
Darnias
Moltard
Dynamilk
worMatty
R60D
111112oo
Zaty
and all the testers at Death Experiments

All assets copyright:
Valve
Now Production/D3 Publisher
Treasure
Square Enix
Artoon/Sony
Ruminant's Whimper/Henteko Doujin
Oneohtrix Point Never
Team Parhelia

Last edited:

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Map seems rather large. Not sure if people are willing to sit for a while to download all that content.

Schtolteheim

That's a good point; I don't plan to update the map very frequently. Alpha and beta testing are already done, so anything from this point forward would be bugfixes and major revisions (namely a big refactor with vscripting, if I ever get around to that).

Last edited:

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
We'll have to wait for the feedback from the community before making a decision. I'm not a DR player, so my input won't be worth much, but I think it looks great and well-made, unlike some maps that were suggested before.

Schtolteheim

I confirmed the map still works with Bzip2. The reason I didn't just repack the map is because the background music uses ADPCM compression, and repacking doesn't take too kindly to that for whatever reason...but it seems bz2 works fine.

I'll be releasing a bugfix update within the next couple days to iron out some issues we found over the weekend. (UPDATE: v1.0.1 is now live on Gamebanana).

Last edited:

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom