Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Resolved Custom Title Not Fully Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARC_Winters

Scarcely Lethal
Hello, I have a problem since I am creating my custom title as it cuts off about halfway through the custom title.
To give more context, a similar problem happens with this old thread:

I have seen people with even longer titles than the one that I am trying to make myself and I have seen them with no problems.

As I enter the title, it comes up perfectly as it should:
1673303604820.png

But when typing in game, it shows up like this:
1673303658387.png

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
did you try shortening your name?
I think there might be a character limit for custom title + name length.

ARC_Winters

Scarcely Lethal
Last edited:

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Do you know what the character limit might be?
I do not. I thought that anything before the chat message has a limit though, that's why I asked if you could try shortening your name.
We've had cases where people shortened their name and more of the title showed because your name takes up less characters.

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
What's happening here and in the other thread, is that the bracketed colours you are adding in between each letter also count for the character limit, even though they are not shown in the actual message.

1673464362848.png

Here is an example of how it is saved in the database. I think your title is cool, but it is very long when you type out the whole thing. If you edit it to switch colours after every three letters instead of two, you'll get way more letters before hitting the game engine's chat limit.

You can edit the custom title at any time, right? Otherwise I'll do it for you manually.

ARC_Winters

Scarcely Lethal
What's happening here and in the other thread, is that the bracketed colours you are adding in between each letter also count for the character limit, even though they are not shown in the actual message.

View attachment 31220

Here is an example of how it is saved in the database. I think your title is cool, but it is very long when you type out the whole thing. If you edit it to switch colours after every three letters instead of two, you'll get way more letters before hitting the game engine's chat limit.

You can edit the custom title at any time, right? Otherwise I'll do it for you manually.
I had no idea the bracketed colours are counting in the actual character limit for the title, good to know for a later time and future people that may have similar problems.

Yeah, I can do it in game, I have the credits to do so. (And I'll give an update.)
Edit: It does shorten it, which is great to know, but not enough.
1673467439367.png

Sadly, this is what it'll be until the character limit is changed or it can be made that the brackets and anything inside them isn't counted to the limit, idk.
1673467914668.png

I guess that is that unless we can ask for the colours to be shortened some how to get longer titles.
And thank you for thinking my title is cool. ;w;

Last edited:

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
I'll mark this problem as resolved.
Just in case, I'll also add it to the wiki for future reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom