Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Corrin's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corrin

Positively Inhumane

Pompous

User Name: Corrin

Name
Corrin

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:1:153380993

Your DiscordID
????????#9351

Have you managed servers previously?
No

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
Blackwonder LA | Jailbreak

Why do you want to become a moderator?
I want to become a moderator because I want to help the community overall, I want to guide new players and helping them with the rules if they make a mistake or help them out if they have a problem with a rule breaker or trouble maker I fell in love with it as soon as I came back in late 2018 when I figured out I was no longer banned. I wish to support the server and community by helping out people, guiding them, supporting them and mostly, in making sure they feel comfortable and safe in Blackwonder.

Do you know any of our current staff members?
Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you have spoken to or know:
Herald11, Alex.bsp, Gibus, Shadow Mario, Tax Fraud

Please tell us when you usually play and are available:
UTC/GMT -5 hours (Eastern Standard Time).
On weekdays Mon- Fri, if school occurs or any other event since I will be driving probably next month, 4:30 PM - 10:20 PM.
As of the whole summer break, Mon-Sun, I will be available on 10:30 AM - 10:30 PM.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate:
General - Servers
Spam in chat/mic:
Warn > 1 hour gag/mute > 2 hours > 5 hours > 12 hours > 1 day > 2 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month > 3 months > Permanent
Racism:
1 day gag/mute > 2 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month > 2 months > Permanent
Inappropriate spray:
Permanent sprayban
Inappropriate spray through Flair, Steam Avatar, Conscientious Objector:
Warn and ask to change or unequip, along with a kick telling them to do so > 1 hour ban > 2 hours > 1 day > 2 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month > Permanent
Cheating/Hacking *undetected and obvious cheating*:
Permanent
Cheating/Hacking *suspected hacker*:
Permanent ban and provide demo through report and review the demo
Exploiting/Glitching:
1 day ban > 2 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month > Permanent
Disrespect towards players:
1 day mute/gag > 2 day mute/gag > 5 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month > 3 months > Permanent

General - Jailbreak
Overtalking on mic check/warden:
1 day mute > 2 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month > 2 months > Permanent
Armoury Camping:
Warn > Slay > 1 day teamban > 2 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month > 2 months > Permanent
Delaying:
Warning > Slay
Ghosting:
Warn > 1 hour mute/gag > 2 hours > 5 hours > 12 hours > 1 day > 2 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month > 2 months > Permanent

RED Team - Prisoners
Freeday abuse:
Warn > Slay
Ammo glitching:
Warn > Slay > *failure to comply* 1 hour ban > 2 hours> 5 hour ban > 12 hours > 1 day ban > 2 day ban > 1 week ban > 1 month
Sticky Trapping:
Warn > Slay > > 1 hour ban > 2 hour ban > 5 hours > 1 day > 2 days

BLU Team - Guards
Freehit:
Warning > Slay > *if the issue persists* 1 day teamban > 2 days
Freekill:
Slay > 1 day teamban > 2 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month > Permanent
Mass Freekill:
*If a player is new towards server* 1 week teamban, Permanent teamban along with 1 week ban *if a player joins and leaves the server to possibly cause mayhem or ruin the gamemode.*
Sticky Trapping:
Warn and tell to detonate as soon as possible and where there are no reds nearby > *failure to comply or if he refuses* Slay > 1 day > 2 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month > Permanent
No Mic:
Permanent teamban until he proves that he has a mic
Bad Mic:
Tell the player that the mic is inaudible and give them time to fix it, if it is not fixed by then and shows no improvement, teamban until the mic is audible
Favortism:
Tell the BLU to stop *feeding reds or supporting them in any means*, if the issue persists, 1 day teamban > 2 days > 5 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month > 2 months > Permanent
Teamkill:
1 day teamban > 2 days > 1 week > 1 month > Permanent
Away from Warden:
Tell the BLU as to why they are away, if they fail to come back to warden: Slay > if it it persists then 1 day teamban
LR Denial:
1 day teamban > 2 day teamban > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month > Permanent Ban: *give player LR and respawn, if round is still active. For example: If the round is over and if the player wishes to do a freeday for himself or others, but got denied through freekill or false denial from warden, a freeday will be given to the LR receiver and others he may have picked*

BLU TEAM - Warden
Illegal FF:
Slay > 12 hour teamban > 1 day teamban > 2 days > 1 week
Trick Order:
Ask warden to repeat his order clearly, if Warden was intending to do a trick order, inform him of the rules, failure to comply > 1 day teamban
Not giving a repeat:
Inform warden that someone was/has asked for a repeat and to give a repeat on the order, if he refuses to do so > 2 hour teamban > 5 hours > 1 day
Sticky trapping:
Ask warden to detonate them ASAP and only when there are no reds nearby, refusal > 1 day teamban > 2 days > 1 week > 2 weeks
Unwarden:
Slay and inform the player that he cannot unwarden unless he/she has can only do so if he/she been chosen forcefully 3 times in a row, then make another player warden. *If the player proceeds to unwarden without being warden 3 times in a row* > 1 day teamban
Illegal Games:
Warn > Slay and 1 hour teamban > 2 hours > 1 day
Favortism:
Tell the warden to stop *line leaders, heavies can bomb-rush* , if the issue persists, 1 day teamban > 2 days

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
Yes, I am not sure of it myself but I think my recent behavior and chatlogs can improve, if you can find any unworthy chatlogs or video of me being immature, that is.
My brothers: https://steamcommunity.com/id/148732659715628437856196 and https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198161971693
I think the only punishments I really have received was a spray ban given by Wanka that was appealed weeks ago, but I can't remember any others, if you do find any, please bring them up.
I think my behavior in discord can improve and I think I shouldn't step out where I should where admins are supposed to, I have a problem with this, and I wish to improve on this.
I have told this story so many times, and I'm pretty sure it's obvious and I have spoken to staff members about my mental state and depression, I hope this will not bother you nor affect my staff position, I have not seeked help yet but seeing you guys will put a smile on my face and this community.
Thanks for reading my application!

~ Corrin
EDIT: Tweaked punishments to make it more consistent, if there are issues, please point them out to me and I will examine them and apply them if I really would use this punishment latter.

Last edited:

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
How can we be sure that one of your brother's won't either

a) Be able to access your account without your knowledge and misuse your permissions?

or

b) Cause trouble on their own accounts on your IP triggering sleuth and the likes on yourself?

I only bring this up because both are serial rule breakers, as recent as a month and a half ago with a few dozen prior punishments between them altogether. This can be an issue for you moderating and reflect poorly on Blackwonder if one of our own staff members is routinely being punished on his IP.

Corrin

Positively Inhumane

Pompous

How can we be sure that one of your brother's won't either

a) Be able to access your account without your knowledge and misuse your permissions?

or

b) Cause trouble on their own accounts on your IP triggering sleuth and the likes on yourself?

I only bring this up because both are serial rule breakers, as recent as a month and a half ago with a few dozen prior punishments between them altogether. This can be an issue for you moderating and reflect poorly on Blackwonder if one of our own staff members is routinely being punished on his IP.
I know they aren't the types to do that, my brothers are worrying about other stuff and don't really care too much for TF2 as they are out playing Dauntless, CSGO, Fortnite or anything else. Of course, I have no proof of this, and my brother, a, only likes to present grief and break games and likes to have his own fun, while my other brother, derps, was banned for hacks and has nothing else to do with any of the servers, his work is done.

I know you can't really trust me on this, but if they were someday to do this in the act, I would change all my passwords, hide my status as an moderator, and seeing as they don't know that I have been accepted or not yet, I will tell them that I have been declined, probably reducing chances of this happening.

I have never thought of this in any way, and I'm glad you bring this up, and seeing that I don't have a VPN yet, I might have to get one just in case if my brother decides to do any actions that will get him banned.

Tax Fraud

The Monkey King
Staff Member
Ello,
I'm glad that you took the time to apply for a staff position. I'll be reviewing your application, you in game, and going over my personal opinion.
Spam in chat/mic:
Warn > 5 hour gag/mute > 12 hours > 1 day > 3 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month > 3 months > Permanent
For most punishments, you'll want to stay with a consistent ladder. Only your start punishments differ most of the time. Something like 1 hour is a good start.
Racism:
1 day gag/mute > 2 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month > 2 months > Permanent
In your spam punishments, you go from 1 - 3 days, whereas here you go from 1 - 2. Keep your punishments consistent.
Inappropriate spray:
Permanent
I'm going to assume this is a permanent sprayban.
Inappropriate spray through Flair, Steam Avatar, Conscientious Objector:
Warn and ask to change or unequip > *failure to comply* 3 hour ban > Permanent
First, you would warn them (which you do), then you would kick them with the message "change your pfp" or something of the nature, then you ban them for a smaller time like an hour. You go from 3 hours to a permanent ban which is a big jump.
Disrespect towards players:
2 day mute/gag > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month > 3 months > Permanent
You start with 2 days then jump to 1 week. Keep the ladders consistent.
Armoury Camping:
Warn > Slay > 1 day ban > 2 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month > 2 months > Permanent
I would assume these are teambans?
Ghosting:
Warn > 1 hour mute/gag > 5 hours > 1 day > 2 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month > 2 months > Permanent
Consistency. You go from 1 hour - 5 hours.
Ammo glitching:
Warn > Slay > *failure to comply* 5 hour ban > 1 day ban > 2 day ban > 1 week ban > 1 month
Start with a smaller ban or a kick. Treat this like exploiting.
Sticky Trapping:
Warn > Slay > 5 hour ban > 1 day > 2 days
I would assume this is a teamban.
Freehit:
Warning > Slay > *if the issue persists* 1 day teamban > 2 days
Extend your ladder like the previous punishments.
Mass Freekill:
Permanent teamban along with 1 week ban
If they accidentally mfk, or are just an oblivious player, you start with a week teamban. If they join, mfk, then leave, you can do a permanent teamban along with the week ban.

Your punishments could use some adjustments here and there, but they are mostly good.
After a quick glance through your logs, I found nothing too bad. Almost everything is old and you have definitely changed as a person. You also seem to regret most of the things that you have said. your logs are better than mine D:
Over the course of a year, I've run into you previously only a couple of times. I've seen you more actively on LA in the recent months. Ingame, you are friendly and always help other players. Other people seem to enjoy being around you and you remind others of rules. You were always nice to me before and after I became staff which is nice to see that you don't hate/respect me just because of a title. You make plenty of reports and interact with others nicely in discord and on forums.
Overall, I believe you would make a great moderator once you get the hang of some punishments as well as security of your steam account. I hope you have a nice night.

Corrin

Positively Inhumane

Pompous

Ello,
I'm glad that you took the time to apply for a staff position. I'll be reviewing your application, you in game, and going over my personal opinion.
For most punishments, you'll want to stay with a consistent ladder. Only your start punishments differ most of the time. Something like 1 hour is a good start.

In your spam punishments, you go from 1 - 3 days, whereas here you go from 1 - 2. Keep your punishments consistent.

I'm going to assume this is a permanent sprayban.

First, you would warn them (which you do), then you would kick them with the message "change your pfp" or something of the nature, then you ban them for a smaller time like an hour. You go from 3 hours to a permanent ban which is a big jump.

You start with 2 days then jump to 1 week. Keep the ladders consistent.

I would assume these are teambans?

Consistency. You go from 1 hour - 5 hours.

Start with a smaller ban or a kick. Treat this like exploiting.

I would assume this is a teamban.

Extend your ladder like the previous punishments.

If they accidentally mfk, or are just an oblivious player, you start with a week teamban. If they join, mfk, then leave, you can do a permanent teamban along with the week ban.

Your punishments could use some adjustments here and there, but they are mostly good.
After a quick glance through your logs, I found nothing too bad. Almost everything is old and you have definitely changed as a person. You also seem to regret most of the things that you have said. your logs are better than mine D:
Over the course of a year, I've run into you previously only a couple of times. I've seen you more actively on LA in the recent months. Ingame, you are friendly and always help other players. Other people seem to enjoy being around you and you remind others of rules. You were always nice to me before and after I became staff which is nice to see that you don't hate/respect me just because of a title. You make plenty of reports and interact with others nicely in discord and on forums.
Overall, I believe you would make a great moderator once you get the hang of some punishments as well as security of your steam account. I hope you have a nice night.
For the Sticky Trapping, the one that you quoted, that was for reds, I think a team ban would be useless and I would settle with a ban, sorry for the inconvenience there, but I will change it and make it consistent, as my punishment latter seems to be lacking in a lot of places in the ones you've mentioned, thank you for the reply.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Unfortunately the exact problem that we were concerned about has come true. Your brother who has the same IP is going to be banned, which will prevent you from being any to join the servers.

Know that this is not a detractor for you as a person, but given your brother's behavior, we can't rely on your ability to access the servers. I am sorry Corrin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom