Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Contracts Revamped

Daddy Puddin'

Truly Feared
As the title suggests, let's talk about Contracts and what they do and/or don't do at the moment.

Firstly, what's a Contract for those who aren't aware:
every 24 hours, you get a different Contract (assuming you have completed the previous one) which, depending on what kind of Contract it is, will give you an objective (destroy buildings, win rounds [kill me], get damage, etc..) and once you complete it, you'll get some credits [use blw.tf to get more credits; this post is sponsored by Blackwonder].

Now, here's how I suggest Contracts get revamped:

First of, allow people to chose the Contracts they want to do without using credits to randomize it.
For example, when you log in, you're prompted with a menu (Contract Menu) which allows you to choose the kind of contract you want to do (1. Kills 2. Objectives 3. Some other choice I haven't thought of, etc..).

Secondly, allow people to chose the class they would like to do the Contract on. I play mostly Sniper and, although this will come of as entitled and whiny, I do not like switching to other classes just to complete a Contract (aka 100 Shotgun kills per example).

Thirdly, different difficulties for Contracts. That sounds pretty explanatory but I'll expand on it a bit;

Let's say you're playing Sniper (like ya do) and you want to do "hard" Contract. What are your options?
Well, obviously, hard difficulty Contracts for Sniper would have to revolve around Headshots or Damage Dealt, so let's say your "hard" Contract would be to get 200 headshots or 20'000 Damage Dealt.

I'm not sure I explained myself well enough but, uhh, moving on.

Now, of course, allowing players to choose the Contracts they want to do would result in people farming a certain Contract they're comfortable with and therefore the credit rewards for Contracts would need to be adjusted. Here's the reward system I suggest:

Hard Contracts = 150 credits (175 with blw.tf)
Medium Contracts = 100 credits (125 with blw.tf)
Easy Contracts = 50 credits (75 with blw.tf)

Those numbers can be adjusted, obviously.

Thanks for reading, God bless.

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
First of, allow people to chose the Contracts they want to do without using credits to randomize it.
For example, when you log in, you're prompted with a menu (Contract Menu) which allows you to choose the kind of contract you want to do (1. Kills 2. Objectives 3. Some other choice I haven't thought of, etc..).
It is randomized so people go play game modes that they normally wouldn't play.
This way, people will expand their experience of the game.
So giving people a choice of what contract they want, defeats that purpose.
Secondly, allow people to chose the class they would like to do the Contract on. I play mostly Sniper and, although this will come off as entitled and whiny, I do not like switching to other classes just to complete a Contract (aka 100 Shotgun kills per example).
Again, broadening your experience of the game.
If you don't want to do the contract, just pay for it to go away (with in-game credits)
Thirdly, different difficulties for Contracts. That sounds pretty explanatory but I'll expand on it a bit;

Let's say you're playing Sniper (like ya do) and you want to do "hard" Contract. What are your options?
Well, obviously, hard difficulty Contracts for Sniper would have to revolve around Headshots or Damage Dealt, so let's say your "hard" Contract would be to get 200 headshots or 20'000 Damage Dealt.
This I actually agree with and would be fun to see implemented.
I think this "having 'blw.tf' in-name" bonus is kind of... unfair
It seems logical why blw offers players a bonus when they have are "advertising" blackwonder.
When those players are not playing on a blw server, people will still see the blw.tf tag in their name and may enter in the search engine.
This way the player gets rewarded for promoting blackwonder.

These were my opinions.
Have a nice day.

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

Closest I see happening to choice of difficulty is having a preference in the contracts menu which would multiply the requirements, and also the reward by a magnitude each direction.

The issuing of contracts on join would be interfered with, otherwise, if the player needs to select one to get one.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom