Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Content Moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos

ways

• 10 posts are to be approved by forum moderators.
I believe Content Moderation should be put in place to stop low quality posts or spam. (i.e. needless threads, necroposting)

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

There is a form of content moderation already in place, it's called forum administrators. If a post isn't deleted or warned by one of the admins, then it could be assumed it's fine to post.

If people don't adhere to these warnings then I believe they get posting restrictions and/or forum banned if their behaviour is bad enough.

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
I personally do not think that this is a very good idea.

Let's say there are two users debating about something and no moderators are on. One user will make a post, and the other user will have to wait however many hours just for a moderator to accept the post, and then the other user will have to go through the same process. Seems like a total pain in the neck and ruins the flow of conversation. Now, you could technically debate in a private conversation, but then all other people viewing the thread lose out on whatever points were brought up for and against whatever they are debating against. It would literally hurt the flow of information from user to user.

Another scenario, is that many users are on, and no moderators are on. Let's say somebody says something controversial, and a bunch of people disagree. One person voices their opinion against the post, but no moderator is on to accept the post. Then, another user sees nobody has voiced their opinion against the controversial post and does the same. 3 hours and 50 posts later moderators are stuck with a bunch of posts that literally say the same thing. The harder part? They have to decide which post to accept and which ones to decline, because there is no use saying the same thing 50 times.

TL;DR, this suggestion would just make the forums clunky to use.

Also I'm a little curious, why make this suggestion? I understand suggestions are suggestions and there are no bad ideas, but you literally joined today and have a single post. If anybody were to make this suggestion, I feel like it should (or at least would) come from somebody who is more used to using the forums.

Chaos

ways

Also I'm a little curious, why make this suggestion? I understand suggestions are suggestions and there are no bad ideas, but you literally joined today and have a single post. If anybody were to make this suggestion, I feel like it should (or at least would) come from somebody who is more used to using the forums.
I've been here quite awhile without making an account.

This forum is also a lot similar to another forum I regularly go on, decided I'd join today to possibly get more involved.

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

Like Cammy said, forum administrators are used to moderate the forums (big surprise from the name). If the post hasn't been shot down or removed by an admin, it's probably OK in most cases. Restricting people from posting until an admin gets on and gives their posts the A-OK right as they join would be an unnecssary restriction and I'm pretty sure that posts that copy paste Wikipedia articles already get marked as "Waiting for Moderator Approval" from what I've seen.

Spam is not an issue. Low quality posts are but for the most part, the people who have just been attempting to use the forums for pure shitposting have been booted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom