Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Console Cuck's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Console |

Velcro is a Furry
Staff Member
Admin
User name: Console Cuck

Name
(username) Console Cuck

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:1:188045857

Your DiscordID
Console Cuck#8014

Have you managed servers previously? No

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
BlackWonder | Jailbreak LA.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
After I eventually went to PC gaming, Team Fortress 2 community servers is what I found most fun to play, and I especially love and spent about 2 months consistently playing is BlackWonder's Jailbreak servers, but even though the community for the most part is nice, generous and overall great people, there's always the occasional person who ruins the fun of the server, and I have witnessed this first hand many times. As someone who uses the #requesthelp discord channel, there's only so much I can do to help, and as I am online on BlackWonder | Jailbreak LA almost anytime I have freetime, I would love to do more for the players, the server, and just overall, BlackWonder in general. I feel that if I were to be a mod, I can do more good for the server I love and have it functioning without any griefers.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you have spoken to or know
Only properly know Tax Fraud.

When are you usually available to play?
(PST) Monday to Friday : 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM | Saturday and Sunday : 2:00 PM - 1 AM.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
I'll always keep a demo running of the server when I am on, for proof.

Standard Rules:

Mic/Chat Spamming:
Warning > 1 hour mute/gag > 1 day mute/gag > 2 day mute/gag > 1 week mute/gag > 1 month mute/gag > Permanent mute/gag

Racism:
12 hour mute/gag > 1 day mute/gag > 2 day mute/gag > 1 week mute/gag > 2 week mute/gag > Permanent mute/gag

Inappropriate Spray:
Permanent Spray ban

Exploits/Glitches:
Slay with warning. > 1 day ban > 2 day ban > 1 week ban > 2 week ban > 1 month ban > Permanent ban

Hacking:If blatantly hacks, Permanent Ban.
Send in demo as a player report if I'm not 100% sure the player is cheating.

Advertising hacks:
Permanent mute/gag

Jailbreak General Rules:

Overtalking (over warden or during a mic check) :
Warning > 1 hour mute > 3 hour mute > 1 day mute > 2 day mute > 3 day mute > 1 week mute > 2 week mute > 1 month mute > Permanent mute

Armoury Camping:
Warning > Slay > 1 day teamban > 2 day teamban > 1 week teamban > 2 week teamban > 1 month teamban > Permanent teamban

Delaying:
Warning > Slay

Ghosting:
Warning > 1 hour mute/gag > 2 hour mute/gag > 1 day mute/gag > 1 week mute/gag > 2 week mute/gag > Permanent mute/gag

Sticky Trapping:
Warning > Slay

Prisoners:

Ammo Glitching:
Warn them to not use ammo until legitimately obtaining ammo, (if they don't comply), 1 day ban > 2 day ban > 1 week ban > 2 week ban > 1 month ban > Permanent ban

Freeday Abuse:
Warning > Slay

Warden:

Unwardening:
If the player unwardens without getting warden 3x in a row, it will lead to: Slay / Warning to not unwarden, then make someone else the Warden, if the problem consists, 6 hour teamban > 12 hour tamban > 1 day teamban > 2 day teamban > 1 week teamban > 2 week teamban > 1 month teamban > Permanent teamban

Illegal Orders:
Warn the warden that the order is invalid > 1 day teamban > 2 day teamban > 1 week taemban > 2 week teamban > 1 month teamban > Permanent teamban

Illegal FF:
Turn off friendly-fire, then 2 day teamban > 1 week teamban > 2 week teamban > 1 month teamban > Permanent teamban. If any reds were killed, and respawn the Red(s) killed by the FF.

Trick Orders:
Warden will be asked to elaborate / specify > 1 hour teamban > 3 hour teamban > 1 day teamban > 2 day teamban > 3 day teamban > 1 week teamban > 2 week teamban > 1 month teamban > Permanent teamban

Lying:
If anyone is killed by this lie, Warden will receive a 1 day teamban > 2 day teamban > 3 day teamban > 1 week teamban > 2 week teamban > 1 mopnth teamban > Permanent teamban. Any Red(s) killed by the lie will be respawned

Pardoning:
Warn Warden that you cannot pardon > Slay > 1 day teamban > 2 day teamban > 1 week teamban > 2 week teamban > 1 month teamban > Permanent teamban

Incomprehensible mic :
Will be given a chance to fix mic > 2 hour teamban > 12 hour teamban > 1 day teamban > 2 day teamban > 1 week teamban > 2 week teamban > 1 month teamban > Permanent teamban. (unteamban if fixed mic)

All Blus (including warden):

Freehit:
Warning > Slay > 1 day teamban > 2 day teamban > 3 day teamban > 1 week teamban > 2 week teamban > 1 month teamban > Permanent teamban

Freekill:
Slay > 1 day teamban > 2 day teamban > 1 week teamban > 2 week teamban > 1 month teamban > Permanent teamban (respawn Red(s) killed)

Mass Freekill:
1 week ban along with a 2 week teamban > Permanent ban (respawn Reds killed)

No mic :
Permanent teamban

LR Denial:
12 hour teamban > 1 day teamban > 2 day teamban > 1 week teamban > 2 week teamban > 1 month teamban > Permanent teamban (give player his desired LR)

Teamkill:
12 hour teamban > 2 day teamban > 1 week teamban > 2 week teamban > 1 month teamban > Permanent teamban

Favoritism:
Warning > 1 day teamban > 2 day teamban > 1 week teamban > 2 week teamban > 1 month teamban > Permanent teamban

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I've been a donor for about 2 weeks and have enjoyed every moment of it, but votedodges are common.
I often give people warnings before calling votes like mutes and gags, but after a warning, if the problem escalates, votes are called.
I spend most of my day on BlackWonder | Jailbreak LA, and hit #32 on place, so I feel confident in my ability to be a good moderator for BlackWonder and that I will not mess it up. I will also change the way I act in servers, and be more professional from here on out.

Haven't been teambanned once.

Most recent gag was on May 11th, 2019 and was issued due to me ghosting Warden's HP after being killed. This was before I had understood the concept of ghosting, and I have since learned from my mistakes.

https://tfstats.tf/player/2413174

Thank you for reading this application!

- Console

Edit1 : Added extra space between the word mic and the symbol : to get rid of emojis
Edit2 : Added color and my TFStats

Last edited:

Tax Fraud

The Monkey King
Staff Member
Ello,
I'll be reviewing some things about your app
I'll always keep a demo running of the server when I am on, for proof.
This is mucho bueno
Racism:
12 hour mute/gag > 1 day mute/gag > 2 day mute/gag > 1 week mute/gag > 2 week mute/gag > Permanent mute/gag
You'd usually start with a day. Otherwise, your ladder looks good.
Overtalking (over warden or during a mic check) :
Warning > 1 hour mute > 3 hour mute > 1 day mute > 2 day mute > 3 day mute > 1 week mute > 2 week mute > 1 month mute > Permanent mute
You'll want to keep this ladder in line with your standard ladder
Mic/Chat Spamming:
Warning > 1 hour mute/gag > 1 day mute/gag > 2 day mute/gag > 1 week mute/gag > 1 month mute/gag > Permanent mute/gag
You go from an hour to a day, which is a pretty big jump.
Armoury Camping:
Warning > Slay > 1 day teamban > 2 day teamban > 1 week teamban > 2 week teamban > 1 month teamban > Permanent teamban
You'll want to start with something less harsh than a whole day for their first offense especially for something that's not that big of a deal.
Unwardening:
If the player unwardens without getting warden 3x in a row, it will lead to: Slay / Warning to not unwarden, then make someone else the Warden, if the problem consists, 6 hour teamban > 12 hour tamban > 1 day teamban > 2 day teamban > 1 week teamban > 2 week teamban > 1 month teamban > Permanent teamban
Keep this consistent with your other punishment ladders. Teambans work in minutes and its a hassle to memorize each ladder and their minute values.
Incomprehensible mic :
Will be given a chance to fix mic > 2 hour teamban > 12 hour teamban > 1 day teamban > 2 day teamban > 1 week teamban > 2 week teamban > 1 month teamban > Permanent teamban. (unteamban if fixed mic)
Keep ladders consistent
Freehit:
Warning > Slay > 1 day teamban > 2 day teamban > 3 day teamban > 1 week teamban > 2 week teamban > 1 month teamban > Permanent teamban
You throw in a 3 day teamban for freehitting, but not freekilling.
Mass Freekill:
1 week ban along with a 2 week teamban > Permanent ban (respawn Reds killed)
You start with a permanent teamban and then you go from 1 week to perm which is a big jump.
Teamkill:
12 hour teamban > 2 day teamban > 1 week teamban > 2 week teamban > 1 month teamban > Permanent teamban
Keep em consistent
I spend most of my day on BlackWonder | Jailbreak LA, and hit #32 on place
OI
Some concerning things:

uh

Not that bad, but try not to say stuff like this...
Sometimes, you can get pretty heated in-game and say some rude things, but nothing racist, offensive, or against the rules. However, maintaining a cool head and not flaming people is important.
There was an instance where you wrongly accused someone of freekill multiple times even though you rebelled.
You are pretty nice in-game and you are eager to help out. Your chatlogs are not too bad, but leave significant room for improvement and I definitely think you have the capacity to do it. I'll be staying NEUTRAL for now. Hope you have a nice day.

Last edited:

Good Day, Console nice to see that you are making an application :)

First of all, I have seen you in-game multiple times and out of all the times I've seen you, you seem to know how things work and you always ask for help in discord/in-game just to be sure if something is allowed which is good and you are active in both discord and JB.
Your ChatLogs are not the best and some are recent, however i feel that you can improve from this behavior.

Sticky Trapping:
Warning > Slay
What if they continuously sticky trap on blue team or even red team?

LR Denial:
12 hour teamban > 1 day teamban > 2 day teamban > 1 week teamban > 2 week teamban > 1 month teamban > Permanent teamban (give player his desired LR)

Teamkill:
Your Punishment length seems normal, however some make big jumps at least in my view. I see these as a huge jump because what if it's their first offense, I say it should not start at 12 hours, but a bit less.

Keep ladders consistent
I have to agree with Tax Fraud with this, you have to make your punishment ladder consistent. (for some at least)
Other than that for now i'm going for ~neutral, but leaning towards +support

Last edited:

Console |

Velcro is a Furry
Staff Member
Admin
Ello,
I'll be reviewing some things about your app
This is mucho bueno

You'd usually start with a day. Otherwise, your ladder looks good.

You'll want to keep this ladder in line with your standard ladder

You'll want to start with something less harsh than a whole day for their first offense especially for something that's not that big of a deal.

Keep this consistent with your other punishment ladders. Teambans work in minutes and its a hassle to memorize each ladder and their minute values.

Keep ladders consistent

You throw in a 3 day teamban for freehitting, but not freekilling.

You start with a permanent teamban and then you go from 1 week to perm which is a big jump.

Keep em consistent
OI
Some concerning things:
View attachment 11063
Not that bad, but try not to say stuff like this...
Sometimes, you can get pretty heated in-game and say some rude things, but nothing racist, offensive, or against the rules. However, maintaining a cool head and not flaming people is important.
There was an instance where you wrongly accused someone of freekill multiple times even though you rebelled.
You are pretty nice in-game and you are eager to help out. Your chatlogs are not too bad, but leave significant room for improvement and I definitely think you have the capacity to do it. I'll be staying NEUTRAL for now. Hope you have a nice day.

I'll definitely take your suggestions into consideration, such as keeping my ladders consistent. Also, I have been trying my best to keep chatlogs clean and be more professional. Thanks for reviewing my application!

Console |

Velcro is a Furry
Staff Member
Admin
Good Day, Console nice to see that you are making an application :)

First of all, I have seen you in-game multiple times and out of all the times I've seen you, you seem to know how things work and you always ask for help in discord/in-game just to be sure if something is allowed which is good and you are active in both discord and JB.
Your ChatLogs are not the best and some are recent, however i feel that you can improve from this behavior.

What if they continuously sticky trap on blue team or even red team?

Your Punishment length seems normal, however some make big jumps at least in my view. I see these as a huge jump because what if it's their first offense, I say it should not start at 12 hours, but a bit less.

I have to agree with Tax Fraud with this, you have to make your punishment ladder consistent. (for some at least)
Other than that for now i'm going for ~neutral, but leaning towards +support

I myself have noticed that my behaviour in chat can be better, and I'm already working towards this goal.

Continous sticky trapping on blu team would result into 1 hour teamban > 2 hour teamban > 1 day teamban > 2 day teamban > 3 day teamban. As for red team, teambanning them would do nothing to stop them and let them learn rules better, so I'd slay them each time I see it after I give out my warning.

I agree with you that my punishment ladder can be more consistent and I will take it into consideration. Thank you for the suggestions!

Kerknor

Wicked Nasty

Kerknor

Afternoon Console,

First off, on the personal side of things, I am not a fan of the name. "A cuck is a derogatory slang term for a weak, effeminate, or inadequate man." It doesn't strike me as professional when I think of the scenario of someone asking for help because they were banned or comm blocked for being offensive by "Console Cuck" but again, this is my personal viewpoint on the matter, not on behalf of the BLW staff team.

Next up, I am not a JB admin nor could I objectively critique you on your punishments for it, so I will leave that section to those with the knowledge for it. I will say that the format you chose to use to go over your scaling was put together well and didn't annoy my eyes trying to read it.

Third, I'm going to move into your chat logs. While this has been touched on, I wanted to highlight some points.

No, this is bad. Violent Racism, Hate speech, and flat insulting other players in a place that you...
Team Fortress 2 community servers is what I found most fun to play,

Racism:
You have shown you know this type of behavior is not tolerated in this community, in a place you have the most fun and yet you blatantly violated this. Staff need to be above reproach and set a better example instead of breaking the rules you are there to enforce.

Lastly, You have almost 8 days worth of playtime in BLW, that we can see. This is good thing but it brought about some concerns. You joined discord.

Your chat logs remained the same up until roughly the 25th/26th. Still Hate speech and still insulting other players.
Then you joined the forums.

Your chat logs suddenly stopped showing your previous negative and insulting manner. The concern I have with this is the fact that 3 days later, you went and got your donor. Two weeks later, you made an admin app. You had 0 activity on the forums, up until you put in your app. To expand on this its highly recommended and really good idea before applying to become a staff member that people first familiarize yourself with the community and how it ticks. "Why does the community do what it does?" "What are the community's values?" "Who are the people that make up BLW, what do they believe in?" Only time and communication can help you find this out.

While I do think it is a great thing that you wish to better yourself and your behavior, I find it hard to believe that your conduct simply changed in a 2-week period. It's not the fact that your chat logs contain inappropriate content, its the understanding of what it is to say these types of things to other players in a community you wish to be a leader in.

I am giving a -Support

My advice; keep your chat logs clean, show other members on the community your change in behavior, and come back to apply later.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I am closing this before it gets out of hand.

At this time, we are trying to steer the community in a more friendly direction and seeking individuals who can help stoke a positive atmosphere. Unfortunately, your logs are not indicative of the type of staff we are seeking.

I hope you continue to enjoy the servers and you have a great weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom