Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Complete staff application change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melonious

Notably Dangerous
This is an idea. Do not hate on me I am only suggesting.

Dear staff, I propose a new staff application idea. I noticed that a lot of new people are applying for a staff position. I thought that not everyone is well off on this admin subject. So I propose instead of applying and receiving admin, you are to get a moderator status. A mod has less perms, maybe a gag or mute time limit. As well as the inability to server commands and !ckadmin on the bhop servers. Let's say someone got mod. Some admins will watch him or her and judge accordingly. Later on after a few weeks or something along those lines, the mod can apply for a admin status. I think it will help filter out bad people from joining our staff committee.

Once again this is just a suggestion and it will probably be very edited and heavily changed. This is just a draft of it will be considered

Keiii

Sufficiently Lethal

Keiii

Sounds exactly like what all communities do, including OP, just that they call it "trial-period"

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
Bad Person got staff=people report him And he gets demoted.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

This is basically = trial admin. And I think Noodl said why it's not a good idea black_grin

Melonious

Notably Dangerous
Bad Person got staff=people report him And he gets demoted.
Think about it though. However you can report and that admin will get demoted... It is a possibility that if they are a really bad abuser. They can damage the community a lot. They go on a popular server and !ban @all and bam. How are we going to unban everyone? They appeal on the forums? That means hackers could have a chance to get back in by saying they got admin abused at that time.

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
We Reverse all bans made by that Admin.

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

Think about it though. However you can report and that admin will get demoted... It is a possibility that if they are a really bad abuser. They can damage the community a lot. They go on a popular server and !ban @all and bam. How are we going to unban everyone? They appeal on the forums? That means hackers could have a chance to get back in by saying they got admin abused at that time.

DELETE from 'sb_bans' WHERE adminIp = 'xxx.xxx.xx.xx'
Every ban from that IP instance reversed. Simple as.

The application process kinda nullifies this happening. We don't choose people who are going to do that, and it's pretty easy to tell. I've already posted my two cents in the other thread about why I think trial admins/mods are a waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom