Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Class limits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

I believe scouts and engineers have a limit, not certain about engineers though.

Scout's limit is 3, or was the last time I played on one of the servers (VSH 24/7 Skyhigh Resort)

tomato.kitty.tf

The King of Kats
I believe scouts and engineers have a limit, not certain about engineers though.

Scout's limit is 3, or was the last time I played on one of the servers (VSH 24/7 Skyhigh Resort)

I am currently playing on skyhigh resort and saw the incredible amount of 20 medics against one hale.

also 6-7 engineers before, etc.

Osome Oli

Sufficiently Lethal
Only medics, scouts and engies should have class limits as playing against swarms of one of those classes is neither fun nor fair.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

Medics have never had a limit in any server I've played on.

I wasn't sure about Engineers, but I'm still quite sure Scouts have a limit. You might have free access due to administrator powers.

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
Scouts should be limited to 2-3

Soldiers should be capped at about 4-5

Pyros should be 3-4

Demo doesn't really need one, but for the sake of team composition 4-5

Heavy is almost never played, but should be capped at 3-4 due to their insane knockback and high survivability in a small area with a medic/dispenser

Engie should be 2-4

Sniper doesn't tend to be overused and are fairly easy to deal with, so I'd say 4-5

Medic should match heavy, 3-4

Spy should be 2-3 because those guys with a deadringer are annoying, like scout.

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
Only medics, scouts and engies should have class limits as playing against swarms of one of those classes is neither fun nor fair.

Medics are easy as pie to take care off as long there aren't 50 of them. The hard part is trying to tell them that "singling" isn't really a thing and it would make sense to take care of the dude who keeps bringing people back to life. Engies are also not too hard, but if you really want to avoid people shouting "wow you rage, you must succ" a limit would make sense. If you were going to pick classes that absolutely need a limit, it would be scout and spy. Soldiers are a close third, but since they're only annoying on military arena they're not worth mentioning.

That being said, I think they should all have limits for the sake of team composition if limits are going to be brought into it at all.

tomato.kitty.tf

The King of Kats
Scouts should be limited to 2-3

Soldiers should be capped at about 4-5

Pyros should be 3-4

Demo doesn't really need one, but for the sake of team composition 4-5

Heavy is almost never played, but should be capped at 3-4 due to their insane knockback and high survivability in a small area with a medic/dispenser

Engie should be 2-4

Sniper doesn't tend to be overused and are fairly easy to deal with, so I'd say 4-5

Medic should match heavy, 3-4

Spy should be 2-3 because those guys with a deadringer are annoying, like scout.

Medics are more annoying than spies, that's for sure.
They can reach an ubercharge in less than 30 seconds plus granting players an extra life after dying,
Medics are easy as pie to take care off as long there aren't 50 of them. The hard part is trying to tell them that "singling" isn't really a thing and it would make sense to take care of the dude who keeps bringing people back to life. Engies are also not too hard, but if you really want to avoid people shouting "wow you rage, you must succ" a limit would make sense. If you were going to pick classes that absolutely need a limit, it would be scout and spy. Soldiers are a close third, but since they're only annoying on military arena they're not worth mentioning.

That being said, I think they should all have limits for the sake of team composition if limits are going to be brought into it at all.

I'd just be happy with putting limits on engineers, medics and spies. The other classes ain't really a nuisance.

Osome Oli

Sufficiently Lethal
They can reach an ubercharge in less than 30 seconds plus granting players an extra life after dying,

I'd just be happy with putting limits on engineers, medics and spies. The other classes ain't really a nuisance.
You don't mind scunts?

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own

Each player seems to have their own preferences as to whether Scouts, Spies, Medics, or Engies are the most annoying.

I say at least those classes get a cap

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

I personally find demoknights extremely annoying when they have 300 ping and teleport every single time they swing.

Scouts are a non-entity unless they're good at goomba stomping, and Spies well... Slap once, wait for decloak near healthpacks. They're dead or far enough away that you shouldn't care to go after them.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
My input:
  • Scout: Yes. Force-A-Nature and Sandball can ruin your day. 3-5 at max.
  • Soldier: No. The class should be played by anyone on any map. There are not many players who perfected Rocketjumping with Market Gardner. No limit.
  • Pyro: Yes. Airblast is bullshit. Though it should not be as few as Scouts. 5-6 at max.
  • Demoman: No. Same as Soldier. There are not many who can play Demoknight really good. I rarely see more than 5 anyway.
  • Heavy: Yes. Too many Heavies might make it near impossible to kill them thanks to the knockback. I'd say 5-6 at max.
  • Engineer: Yes. I hate Sentry Nests. And Dispensers. And Teleports. 3 at max.
  • Medic : Yes. Having 10 Medics in the game might ruin any fun you could have thanks to uber and revive. 4-6 at max.
  • Sniper: Yes. Especially on big maps Snipers can be the potentially best class of them all. 5-6 at max.
  • Spy: Yes. Backstab. Nuff said. 3 at max.

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

I tought some classes already have limits?

Well since this isn't on all servers, Obviously yes, we need limits:

Scout: 4 at max, they are annoying in bad hands and annoyingly strong in good hands
Solider: Mayby 6-8, I really don't like those moments on vsh_military_area with 20 of them, Its such a pain
Pyro: 3 at max due to airblast, lunar knockback and flarejumping
Demo: 5, since we have Shieldcrit enabled in the right hands they can dominate everyone
Heavy: 5, Taunt-crit + proper aim= dead Hale, having 10 of them near most likely amplifiers and sentries can be very painful
Engineer: 3, like intented
Medic: 3, like intented
Sniper: 3, annoying ranged fucks wich can climb walls etc
Spy: 5, Nobody really cares as their effectivness highly drops the lesser are left, mostly results in timewaste anyway

tomato.kitty.tf

The King of Kats
Remember that Saxton's Hale HP varies with the number of players that are in the server.

Class limiting some classes to 5-6-7-8 is just pointless :v

3 - scout
4 - soldier & demoman
3 - pyro
3/4 - heavy
2/3 - engineer
2/3 - medic
3 - spy
4 - sniper

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Current class limits are:
sm_classrestrict_blu_engineers 4
sm_classrestrict_red_engineers 4
sm_classrestrict_blu_scouts 3
sm_classrestrict_red_scouts 3
sm_classrestrict_red_medics 3
sm_classrestrict_blu_medics 3
sm_classrestrict_red_pyros 2
sm_classrestrict_blu_pyros 2
sm_classrestrict_red_snipers 3
sm_classrestrict_blu_snipers 3

Thought it was pretty sufficient. Correct me if I'm wrong

tomato.kitty.tf

The King of Kats

Just reduce engineers to 3 and that'll be okay I guess

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own

I suggest a cap of 3 for soldiers due to soldiers tending to run the timer without actually winning, similar to scouts and spies.

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

I suggest a cap of 3 for soldiers due to soldiers tending to run the timer without actually winning, similar to scouts and spies.

I mean it is bad but it's more like 5 soldiers cap bad, I know many of them actually think they can do matreds-garden, but they end up jumping around without accomplishing anything.

I'd be more or less for a spy cap of 4 and Demos of 4-5, altough the latter doesn't actually matter much here, but on other servers where you can 23 Demos vs hale it is guranteed victory for Red.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom