Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Chips Ahoy Or Oreo

Which One

• Total voters

Chubba

Gore-Spattered
Staff Member
I personaly pick oreos ?

Last edited:

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
It is impossible to pick the superior cookie as they are both situational. While an Oreo is superior standing alone, a Chips Ahoy really shines when you experiment with it. Have you ever tried making s'mores with Oreos? It's too much. A s'more with Chips Ahoy, though, can actually work decently well. And sure, while the Oreo may have cookies and creme for variety, what does it really bring to the table other than that? A Chips Ahoy is a blank canvas, ready for you to experiment with. An Oreo is certainly not impossible to work with, but can be much more limiting. With all that being said, I think both of them can be just fine when paired with a glass of milk. Which you prefer depends on your mood.

So, I guess the real question becomes, "What scenario are we in where we need to choose between these two cookies?" Depending on the scenario, the better cookie can be entirely different. If you're looking for a saltier cookie that you can experiment with then you're looking for a Chips Ahoy. If you're looking for a sweeter cookie that you can easily just start eating without really thinking about it, then you'll probably be more likely to go for the Oreo.

And, of course, this entire argument is ignoring the various flavors and types of both cookies. Chips Ahoy has various flavors, many replacements for the chocolate chips, as well as a soft variety that comes with its own interesting replacements. Oreo, on the other hand, has begun experimenting with the cream filling on the inside of the cookie itself for the past several years. While these varieties may be good, I would make the argument that they only make the cookies less versatile in both scenarios. There just gets to be a point where you put so much stuff in a cookie that you cannot add the cookie to anything else without getting a glorified trail mix. Oreo may actually have the advantage here. While it may take away from its versatility with milk, the changing of the Oreo cream can allow for some interesting flavors when paired with other things such as ice cream. Oreos and ice cream are already just fine, but by adding different flavors into the mix without being forced to add physical ingredients that take up space to the cookie, it becomes easier to crumble up these unique flavors without creating a massive mess.

Then comes the issue of how much is too much? You see Oreos, Double Stuf Oreos, Triple Stuf Oreos, and Instantly Feeling A Little Bit SIck Stuf Oreos. Oreos have the tendency to cross the line with the cream. While it may not be as prevalent with other flavors, there are various varieties that are just way too much. The chocolate covered chocolate Oreoes, for example, were a swing and a miss. Sure, they tasted good, but if you had more than 2 or 3 then you're just in for a mildly bad time. Chips Ahoy, on the other hand, tends to avoid such scenarios. A soft baked Chocolate Chips Ahoy with Peanut Butter Cup chunks does manage to hit the spot in such a way that you can eat several of them without feeling disgusting. Of course, there is a limit, but you're much less likely to hit that limit within a few cookies like you would with Oreos. It comes with the territory of just being a less sweet cookie. M&Ms, for example, notoriously make their chocolates slightly bitter so you will want more rather than quickly hitting your sweetness limit after just a hand full.

Overall, both of these cookies have their pros and cons. I cannot possibly pick one over the other, as I like them both, and they both shine in their respective cookie subgenres. With that being said, I am going to vote for Chips Ahoy simply because right now Oreos are winning 10-0, and I think that is a disservice. Also, remember to eat your vegetables and work out sometimes.

Chubba

Gore-Spattered
Staff Member
It is impossible to pick the superior cookie as they are both situational. While an Oreo is superior standing alone, a Chips Ahoy really shines when you experiment with it. Have you ever tried making s'mores with Oreos? It's too much. A s'more with Chips Ahoy, though, can actually work decently well. And sure, while the Oreo may have cookies and creme for variety, what does it really bring to the table other than that? A Chips Ahoy is a blank canvas, ready for you to experiment with. An Oreo is certainly not impossible to work with, but can be much more limiting. With all that being said, I think both of them can be just fine when paired with a glass of milk. Which you prefer depends on your mood.

So, I guess the real question becomes, "What scenario are we in where we need to choose between these two cookies?" Depending on the scenario, the better cookie can be entirely different. If you're looking for a saltier cookie that you can experiment with then you're looking for a Chips Ahoy. If you're looking for a sweeter cookie that you can easily just start eating without really thinking about it, then you'll probably be more likely to go for the Oreo.

And, of course, this entire argument is ignoring the various flavors and types of both cookies. Chips Ahoy has various flavors, many replacements for the chocolate chips, as well as a soft variety that comes with its own interesting replacements. Oreo, on the other hand, has begun experimenting with the cream filling on the inside of the cookie itself for the past several years. While these varieties may be good, I would make the argument that they only make the cookies less versatile in both scenarios. There just gets to be a point where you put so much stuff in a cookie that you cannot add the cookie to anything else without getting a glorified trail mix. Oreo may actually have the advantage here. While it may take away from its versatility with milk, the changing of the Oreo cream can allow for some interesting flavors when paired with other things such as ice cream. Oreos and ice cream are already just fine, but by adding different flavors into the mix without being forced to add physical ingredients that take up space to the cookie, it becomes easier to crumble up these unique flavors without creating a massive mess.

Then comes the issue of how much is too much? You see Oreos, Double Stuf Oreos, Triple Stuf Oreos, and Instantly Feeling A Little Bit SIck Stuf Oreos. Oreos have the tendency to cross the line with the cream. While it may not be as prevalent with other flavors, there are various varieties that are just way too much. The chocolate covered chocolate Oreoes, for example, were a swing and a miss. Sure, they tasted good, but if you had more than 2 or 3 then you're just in for a mildly bad time. Chips Ahoy, on the other hand, tends to avoid such scenarios. A soft baked Chocolate Chips Ahoy with Peanut Butter Cup chunks does manage to hit the spot in such a way that you can eat several of them without feeling disgusting. Of course, there is a limit, but you're much less likely to hit that limit within a few cookies like you would with Oreos. It comes with the territory of just being a less sweet cookie. M&Ms, for example, notoriously make their chocolates slightly bitter so you will want more rather than quickly hitting your sweetness limit after just a hand full.

Overall, both of these cookies have their pros and cons. I cannot possibly pick one over the other, as I like them both, and they both shine in their respective cookie subgenres. With that being said, I am going to vote for Chips Ahoy simply because right now Oreos are winning 10-0, and I think that is a disservice. Also, remember to eat your vegetables and work out sometimes.
took me 5 minutes to read

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom