Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Chig Bungus's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chig Bungus

Positively Inhumane
User name: Chig Bungus(H3ONX)

Name
Conor

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:1:456265346

Your DiscordID
Chig Bungus#0557

Have you managed servers previously? No

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
► BlackWonder US | Trade Minecraft ◄

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I'm one who will not abuse power. I like to keep situations under control, and will act swiftly when it comes to people griefing, trolling or hacking. Even though I have no prior experience in moderation of servers, TF2 is something I thoroughly enjoy. The server always is my go to place to hangout and make trade offerings and I feel that if you care for something so much you should attempt to invest yourself into it. Hence why I have applied for this server. I also believe I have been quite active in all aspects of the Blackwonder community. I try to engage with others on the discord group, actively reports wrongdoings of others on this server, and also alert staff when higher authority other than some pleb is needed. I can promise fair moderation of US Trade Minecraft and will deal with any issues that arise while im off of the server.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you have spoken to or know
VIx (saylen)

When are you usually available to play?
at least 4 times a week, almost always on weekends depending on homework

- Availability:
MWF - Any time after 2:30 pm EST.
T - After 7:30 pm EST.
Th- Between 12:00 pm-4:00 pm EST and after 7:30 pm EST.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
- Hacking/cheating = automatic ban from server, no excuses.

- Begging for free items = 1st time-warning and reminder of rules , 2nd-1hr gag/mute, 3rd- 3hr gag/mute and time will be added each time you return and continue begging for items.

- Micspamming/ Textspamming = 1st-warning and 1hr gag/mute 2nd-3hr gag/mute,3rd-1day gag/mute, if person persists with continuous micspamming or textspamming, person will receive a 1 week gag/mute, any times this is committed after the punishment has expired player will receive permanent gag/mute.

- Racist Comments/ Intentionally Offensive Language = 1st- 1hr gag/mute, 2nd- 1day gag/mute, 3rd- 1week gag/mute, if person persists with racist comments or intentionally offensive language they will receive longer punishments.

- Griefing = 1st-warning and reminder of rules,2nd-final warning, 3rd- 1hr ban, time added each time griefing is committed.

- Graphic Content on sprays/ Concientious Objectors = spray ban.

- Calling out undercover staff = 1st-private message player and 1hr gag/mute , any other times this is committed will result in an gag/mute +1 every time they commit.

- Exploiting = 1st- 1hr ban, 2nd- 1day ban, 3rd- 1 week ban, each time person exploits time will be added to the punishment.

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
-I'm currently in college so my availability to respond to questions or what not is limited to mostly after 3pm.

- Username on blw.tf forums is Chig Bungus, in-game username on Steam is H3ONX.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? No

Last edited:

Vix

Somewhat Threatening
When are you usually available to play?
at least 4 times a week, almost always on weekends depending on homework

Can you give us specific times you can be on? and if they change on weekends?

Chig Bungus

Positively Inhumane
after 3pm on weekdays. I can answer texts on discord in between my classes and during the night I can answer immediately. Saturday I'm usually on all day but with breaks for food. Sunday is mostly dedicated to homework but I can answer to any inquiries or questions during.

Vix

Somewhat Threatening
After spending more time with you on the server and outside of it, I would like to say that at least in my opinion you would be a good addition to the staff team, as you have alerted me several times when someone is breaking the rules and I or any other staff member is not there. You have also on several occasions reminded other users that they were exploiting (specifically the Phlog B-Hop exploit) and that it was against the rules in which they promptly stopped. You seem to have a pretty good grasp as to how the rules work on Trade | Minecraft, You're rarely toxic if at all and are ready to help users if they need it.

All in all I would love to see you as another addition to the staff team!

Hope you have a nice rest of your day/night!

Lox

Totally Ordinary

Loxi

I can't say much regarding the application itself. I've played with you a few times in US Trade MC, and you've been a cool guy to hang with overall. No problems from me, and isn't afraid to use calladmin. Searching the four most common curse words to sift through your chat logs, I only found one instance that could be considered 'toxic.' But if I were to judge you for you saying 'f***' four times in total...

I'd be the pot calling the kettle black.

There are also some tiny issues with your punishment ladders, but I won't hold you to that. Heck, I didn't know half of the punishment ladder in my application. That's something best-learned through experience if you ask me.

Overall, good application. Good applicant.

Last edited by a moderator:

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Saw this in discord, I am sure his intention was correct. But he would apparently sprayban this player, erroneously.
1582201560242.png

Vix

Somewhat Threatening
Saw this in discord, I am sure his intention was correct. But he would apparently sprayban this player, erroneously.

I take responsibility for this, I was chatting with him and was away from my computer so I told him to take a screenshot and upload it onto the request help portion of the discord server because it was apparently inappropriate, had I known what it was I would have told him to leave it and that it wasn't spray bannable(I was rushing somewhere and had to leave quickly).

It does take some time to understand if sprays like these would warrant a spray ban as they are inappropriate, just not extremely.

Chig Bungus

Positively Inhumane
Yeah sorry about that rob, I figured it was somewhat qualified to be reported but I just didnt follow through with it. My bad.

Zonas

Sufficiently Lethal
Staff Member
Admin
Do you ever ban or gag permanently? I don't really understand your punishments honestly

Also for me, and it's just my opinion a 30 mins gag or ban isn't really necessary, I would directly do 1 hour

Chig Bungus

Positively Inhumane
I didn't put permanent gag on there in hopes that it's understood with the person who is breaking the rules that they comply with server rules. If they become a repeat offender and continue this it will result in permanent gag/mute. Yes, i do permanently ban if you read my punishment for hackers and/or cheaters but if any of the other punishments have already been put in place and they continue to repetitively break these rules, a permanent ban or gag will be issued

Chig Bungus

Positively Inhumane
Hello all, I'd like to update anyone, be it guest, member, mod or admin, on what edits I've made to my application

Reason for application - added additional thoughts to this answer

Availability - Set days of the week with specific times of my availability/

Punishment Lists - Revised punishments to a minimum of 1hr and increased the punishments that followed after 1st offense.

Additional Information - Made a note stating that my Username here is Chig Bungus, along with my discord, and my Steam username is H3ONX.

CashPrizes

Conker's Own
Hello Chig Bungus,

I will leave you with some remarks:

This application is well put together and structured. You also revised your punishment ladders based on the suggestions from other Staff. It’s evident that you have a desire to assist the community. You have done a good job of reporting players on the forums. I believe that you would make a fine Moderator for that server.

Chig Bungus

Positively Inhumane
Hello Chig Bungus,

I will leave you with some remarks:

This application is well put together and structured. You also revised your punishment ladders based on the suggestions from other Staff. It’s evident that you have a desire to assist the community. You have done a good job of reporting players on the forums. I believe that you would make a fine Moderator for that server.

Hey Cash, thanks for leaving the comment on my appplication, and for complimenting me on my organization on my rules and answers as well. Personally I think that I will be able to successfully do my job as a mod on this server and possibly other servers but for now I'm happy with moderating this server in particular.

Thanks again!

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
time added each time griefing is committed.
could you be a little more precise with the ladder? how many more punishments will you give before a perm? how much time will you add for further punishments?

Chig Bungus

Positively Inhumane
could you be a little more precise with the ladder? how many more punishments will you give before a perm? how much time will you add for further punishments?
Hi Gibus,
Just wanna say thanks for posting on my application. Personally I would extend my punishments, i.e gag/mute, bans to about 1 week if they dont involve advertising hacks/cheats or physically using them, all other cases of known cheating through demos and flooding of chat with adverts of hacks will result in automatic ban or gag/mute. When it comes to common punishments dealing with mic/text spamming or toxicity or exploiting, I would like to implement something along the lines of a three strike rule, then once the limit for that has been reached(such as a week ban) i will resort to permanent bans if the person persists with constant breaking of rules.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Hello @Chig Bungus , I hope you are having a nice afternoon. I would like to welcome you to the team to moderate ► BlackWonder US | Trade Minecraft ◄. Expect a message from me shortly with additional information for you to review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 11)

Top Bottom