What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Changing the bhop in Dr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

I honestly feel like the bhop in dr just leads to players being able to skip traps which I can say isn't fun for the player that's being death.

So I wanted to suggest that the bhop in dr should change and be somewhat more like the one in Jb, so basically the bhop will let you increase your speed but not your height, this way death can actually catch the reds and he/she won't get pissed because a red jumped over the trap or in the trap and then back out.

After briefly mentioning this to 2 admins I felt like I had to suggest this

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Oh god no. I'm so against this. For the n+1th time. This is how it's supposed to be. If anything, I'd maybe change it to how it is on the Bhop server. Where you can't get height, but you can still get lots of speed. Without this bhop deathrun will become absolutely boring and stale.

Last edited:

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

Oh god no. I'm so against this. For the n+1th time. This is how it's supposed to be. If anything, I'd maybe change it to how it is on the Bhop server. Where you can't get height, but you can get lots of speed. Without this bhop deathrun will become absolutely boring and stale.

Buster I'm not suggesting to remove bhop tho, I'm suggesting it so you only gain speed and not height.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

You're suggesting removing Autobhop right? You'll never reach high speeds without Autobhop. Good deaths can still easily murder the reds on almost every single map.

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

You're suggesting removing Autobhop. You'll never reach a lot of speed without Autobhop. Good deaths can still easily murder the reds on almost every single map.

That's true, they can easily murder reds that use bhop for speed but killing reds that use bhop for height is another story.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Most maps have a roof. Those who don't (winterwalley) had a fix planned. It was almost done. We were testing it with DeadGaming666 but he lost interest and there were a few bugs left in the fixed version.

Alex.bsp

Professional Nap Taker
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
You're suggesting removing Autobhop right? You'll never reach high speeds without Autobhop. Good deaths can still easily murder the reds on almost every single map.
"Oh yeah, I'm just going to bhop 30 feet in the air" 100% fair?
"Oh look, I'm in a trap! I'm just gonna get on this box and bhop to get some height annnnnnd out of the trap." 100% fair?
"Oh look, I just skipped all the traps" 100% fair?
No, it's not fair. I know how to trap someone who is going really fast, but how do you trap someone so high up in the air?

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

To be fair I have a fixed version of dr_egypt and dr_trump_tower sitting on my pc that only have small issues.

egypt has 2 small mixing textures that no one would notice
trump_tower is missing the sound of vacuum at 1 trap.

There is dr_supermario, we fixed the minigame there, it doesn't just end now without a team winning. But there are other issues with it.
Same with Winterwalley, The height issues were fixed, you couldn't jump around traps, but there are other issues with it.

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

Tbh the other option is to add a rule that forbids players from even skipping traps with bhop but I'm sure there are people who won't like that either.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Alex, you're over exaggerating. What you're talking about is basically only an issue on winterwalley. Everywhere else it's not that game breaking. Don't make this look like deathrun is just garbage right now. It's very much playable, people enjoy it for the most part.

Also, I'm not sure if you get what skipping a trap means so lets make it clear what we're talking about. Skipping means you go around/over the trap, the trap doesn't have an effect on you even if you're inside the trap area/on it. Just going fast through them is not considered skipping.

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

Alex, you're over exaggerating. What you're talking about is basically only an issue on winterwalley. Everywhere else it's not that game breaking. Don't make this look like deathrun is just garbage right now. It's very much playable.

Also, I'm not sure if you get what skipping a trap means. Skipping means you go around/over the trap, the trap doesn't have an effect on you even if you're inside/on it. Just going fast through them is not considered skipping.

I see skipping traps as jumping out of a trap while you're not supposed to (aka you got caught by the trap) this can be from above or from the sides (or in this case by for example using bhop to jump over the fence that's supposed to keep you in)

Alex.bsp

Professional Nap Taker
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
I know how to trap someone who is going really fast
Skipping means you go around/over the trap, the trap doesn't have an effect on you even if you're inside/on it. Just going fast through them is not considered skipping.
What? They used the bhop height to get over the trap, so it's not skipping?
Also, I'm not talking about the speed, I don't care, it's fine, it's fun, and it's easy to trap someone!

Last edited:

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

I think a possible solution could be to give the somewhat under performing UK Deathrun server an AutoBhop that has much less height gain. (copy our Bhop server's bhop).
That could be our first step. Then maybe we can try to turn off AutoBhop and use Jailbreak bhop for a while and see what feedback we receive. I'd like to try things out, I just don't want to change anything on the popular servers.

Alex.bsp

Professional Nap Taker
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
I think a possible solution could be to give the somewhat under performing UK Deathrun server an AutoBhop that has much less height gain. (copy our Bhop server's bhop).
That should be our first step. Then maybe we can try to turn off AutoBhop and use Jailbreak bhop for a while and see what feedback we receive. I'd like to try things out, I just don't want to change anything on the popular servers.
Yes, yes, yes, yes, oh god yes! That's all I wanted to hear!

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

Just saying, no one actually gains any heights on DR's bhop. That's the way we've had it since blueprint. The mults are still 1.0. You retain your height.

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

Just saying, no one actually gains any heights on DR's bhop. That's the way we've had it since blueprint. The mults are still 1.0. You retain your height.

If you jump off something that is higher then the ground then you'll be able to get more height then when you would start bhoping on the ground. That's kind of what I mean with increasing height.

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

You will return to the same level you began to descend from, so the peak of your jump, that's why it seems higher.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Noodl, can't you set some kind of a maxheight from the ground you jump from? Or just see how it is on our bhop server, is that multiplier there just 0 or something, does it use a completely different plugin?

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
Of all the deathrun maps that are played, the only "real" problem that I could see with the hight were on dr_wintervally and dr_egypt. And even then they were dangerous nonetheless.
I never got to see other maps where bhop could be abused in such a way.

My opinion: Don't remove bhop. If you want to change the problem with the height, do what @Buster suggested. But I would still like to keep it on our deathrun servers. It's a fun little extra.

D

Deleted member 2966

I saw deathrun server that had autobhop without height gain, but with velocity up to 800u/s and extremely high air acceleration. Maybe this'd be good for bhopping on blackwonder's deathrun (I mean, bhopping on blackwonder is already good cuz it's not too op, but this could be used as a replacement).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 8)