Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Changing some donor perks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philip

Australium
As a donor, you are able to have some perks that add to your Blackwonder experience. However, some donor perks make it seem more "pay to win".

r.PNG

The problem with this one is that more positive RTD effects" allow a better chance to get a perk such as "powerplay" more often, putting non-donors at a disadvantage.

RRRR.PNG

This one seems surprising, given it is supposed to be a cosmetic feature and doesn't change physical aspects of the game. However, the robot models are "shaky" and hard to pinpoint hitboxes and movement. This especially goes for the robo-scout and engineer. Additionally, taunting is broken for the robot models, as certain taunts (like taunt kills) do not show up physically, making it confusing for non-donors.

Edit: Video just demonstrates walking animation. Will be uploading video on this subject later

Therefore, I propose a rework to certain donor perks.

(Not sure what to replace it with, but feel free to suggest replacements/changes below)

Last edited:

Paragon

Foster The People
I really dont have much of what can be said for RTD outside of Jailbreak because in JB i dont see a problem with it since its not offten you see RTD, you can go an entire map without it so getting a better chance for a good roll is if anything better for your side as something like a single Dispenser on red can change the round. Its understandable how it can affect RTD outside of JB. I am against removing it in general because of JB making me biased but it would annoy me honestly if it was removed.

You also dont specify if removing the RTD donor perk and what you would want. Do you want more people to roll broken OP perks like noclip? Or have everyone have the same chance of rolling a bad perk making it better to not use RTD in general?

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
This one seems surprising, given it is supposed to be a cosmetic feature and doesn't change physical aspects of the game. However, the robot models are "shaky" and hard to pinpoint hitboxes and movement. This especially goes for the robo-scout and engineer. Additionally, taunting is broken for the robot models, as certain taunts (like taunt kills) do not show up physically, making it confusing for non-donors.

Therefore, I propose a rework to certain donor perks.

(Not sure what to replace it with, but feel free to suggest replacements/changes below)

Could you please confirm with another video that this bug hasn't been fixed by valve in the recent update? http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=38643
Unbenannt.PNG

Philip

Australium
Could you please confirm with another video that this bug hasn't been fixed by valve in the recent update? http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=38643
View attachment 5172
I already knew of the bug fix by Valve. However, I couldn't really find good examples of the robot walk animation on YouTube, so I should've been more concise on what the video was for.

(I'm kinda dumb sometimes. It was literally the first thing that appeared when searching)

However, the point still stands, as robot taunts are still mostly broken. I may make a demo/video demonstrating how hard it is to hit robot players later.

I really dont have much of what can be said for RTD outside of Jailbreak because in JB i dont see a problem with it since its not offten you see RTD, you can go an entire map without it so getting a better chance for a good roll is if anything better for your side as something like a single Dispenser on red can change the round. Its understandable how it can affect RTD outside of JB. I am against removing it in general because of JB making me biased but it would annoy me honestly if it was removed.

You also dont specify if removing the RTD donor perk and what you would want. Do you want more people to roll broken OP perks like noclip? Or have everyone have the same chance of rolling a bad perk making it better to not use RTD in general?
It would be more fair to have everyone have the same chance at all RTD effects. I personally would replace that donor perk with something more cosmetic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paragon

Foster The People
It would be more fair to have everyone have the same chance at all RTD effects. I personally would replace that donor perk with something more cosmetic.

You still dont say what you want, do you want everyone to have the same chance of getting good or op rolls at the same rate that a donor or a bit less making annoying to go against? Or do you want everyone have the same chance of rolling a bad perk making it better to not roll in general?

O C E A N M A N

Mildly Menacing
The robot taunt glitch is considered an exploit. Keep in mind exploits are slayable and bannable. As for the hitboxes, it's similar to that of a disguised spy. You can't expect to hit the actual body without either luck or practice. As a donor myself, I use robot very little anyways and I've only seen people use it to change their model on HHH day back to the normal model. I'm a jailbreak player obviously so RTD barely affects me. The best fix I can think of this would be potentially giving donors a few new effects that they can roll and removing the higher chances. This would inadvertently make the chances of getting a good roll higher, but would also make donors feel more special due to the exclusivity of it.

Paragon

Foster The People
The robot taunt glitch is considered an exploit. Keep in mind exploits are slayable and bannable. As for the hitboxes, it's similar to that of a disguised spy. You can't expect to hit the actual body without either luck or practice. As a donor myself, I use robot very little anyways and I've only seen people use it to change their model on HHH day back to the normal model. I'm a jailbreak player obviously so RTD barely affects me. The best fix I can think of this would be potentially giving donors a few new effects that they can roll and removing the higher chances. This would inadvertently make the chances of getting a good roll higher, but would also make donors feel more special due to the exclusivity of it.

Im still waiting for the Spawn teleporters RTD. Makes sense since sentry and dispenser are in already.

Philip

Australium
You still dont say what you want, do you want everyone to have the same chance of getting good or op rolls at the same rate that a donor or a bit less making annoying to go against? Or do you want everyone have the same chance of rolling a bad perk making it better to not roll in general?
I want donors to have the same roll chance as everyone else including good and bad rolls.

Based on responses above, it seems the !robot has little effect on the majority and therefore has been redacted from the suggestion. (Unless someone says otherwise)

Edit: Someone said otherwise lol

(Though I do think robot taunts should be added to the servermod)

Last edited:

Shadow Mario | blw.tf

Australium
Staff Member
Admin
In other VSH/FF2 servers i've noticed using the !robot command overrides the boss model, and Bosses that change classes in mid-round (ex: Bloodrider, Blitzkrieg) are gonna crash the server if the boss is using a robot model after a class change

(Though I do think robot taunts should be added to the servermod)
The only problem is that it would be necessary to edit the robots models and put the taunts animations on them, and that is annoying.

Edit: Found this mod, that does something similar, but instead of using custom animations, it uses the human anims + robots anims: https://gamebanana.com/skins/140866

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom