Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Change the "English only" rule for BR JB as blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biel Becariano

It's been a while that this has been happening frequently in BR JB, some people enter in the BLU team and claim warden and start doing orders in English, this isnt a problem for me because i understand English, but its not everyone in the server that have the same opportunity to study english as i had, so it get really difficult when this happen.
I want to make a suggestion to atleast do something that prevents people that dont know Portuguese couldnt be warden in BR JB, so everyone can know what the warden is talking and not only half of the server =/

Zé Do Pão

Unremarkable
Eu apoio a sugestão, já que eu também me incomodo quando algo do tipo acontece, até porque eu tenho dificuldade em entender inglês, então não sei o que o diretor está dizendo. "I support the suggestion, as I also bother when something like this happens, because I have difficulty understanding English, so I don't know what the Warden is saying."

Velcro

Console is a Furry

Velcro

As an BR JB moderator i can assure that this has been a problem for the past couple of days, and because its not against the rules i cant really do much other than remove their warden, so they take a slot in blue that could be used by someone that actually want to be warden and speak portuguese. (Im talking about only when they are warden/are in blue, i dont see any problem of them talking in english in chat/voice if they are not talking over warden or spamming)

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Plz add a poll to this suggestion so we can vote on it.
BRJB has been a unique server for quite a while. Its the only server where the English-only rule has been overturned, and from what I've seen from my time there, almost no one uses anything other than Portuguese. As someone whos only an English speaker, playing on that server has gotten me killed quite a few times, but I accept that outcome because Im stacking the odds against myself, same when I play on normal JB servers with no audio whatsoever.
But this is coming from someone who only plays on red team there, and for good reason.
If someone joined blu and started giving English orders, they could effectively point farm the entire server without breaking any of our rules. Imo this loophole is unacceptable, and as such I wouldnt mind donors/staff being able to remove English-speaking Wardens so long as the majority of the server could not understand them.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
This will be something that the owner will need to consider. It would be the only server that bans English in any capacity.

juls

Unremarkable
I actually wondered why "wardens should only speak portuguese in the BRJB server" wasn't already a rule. The server is brazilian after all, it's the only language the majority of the players will understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom