Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Change the ad selection/Clickbait in the ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaotix_

Chaotix

This is one of the few reasons I left the Blackwonder community. I understand that ads are important, but please switch the ad providers.

I have gotten this ad three times in a row with the same text-to-speech voice. It gets really annoying, especially when trying to play.

f0nxfxt.png

These ads should not exist simply because they are not advertising anything; rather they are baiting gullible users to enter personal information for some unknown company/person.

If you wish to keep these ads, then it's perfectly fine, but I really don't want to be seeing these more. Thanks.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
We don't choose what ads the company runs and you can disable ads altogether with "cl_disablehtmlmotd 1" anyway.

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
Ads are required for the server to pay its bills. They could change it to only showing Ads on death/respawn/start of round.
There was a system for that, don't know if that still works.
@Botar230 rating him dumb is just idiotic, these ads are NOT okay. They try to bait you into clicking on something and meanwhile lieing to you.
We already switched providers some time ago and this was the best (as far as I can remember)...

Ben.

Unremarkable
I mean really all you have to do is press continue...Tf2 servers are not cheap to host So, They put ads on every so often to get money to continue to grow and help the black water community. Do i hate ads? Yes. Does anyone like ads? No. Rather its something that NEEDS to be done than a prefrence. Thats just my take on the situation. If its an ad don't click it.

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
I mean really all you have to do is press continue...Tf2 servers are not cheap to host So, They put ads on every so often to get money to continue to grow and help the black water community. Do i hate ads? Yes. Does anyone like ads? No. Rather its something that NEEDS to be done than a prefrence. Thats just my take on the situation. If its an ad don't click it.

The thread isn't about removing ads, it's about changing the ad provider (or whatever you call em) due to the ads being potentially dangerous scams.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Bene talked with the ad provider, the ads should be much better now.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Let me just paste what I said on reddit

We are very sorry for the inconvenience. We have talked to the ad providers and they have promptly disabled all pop ups from being able to be displayed. Aditionally there is now a "report this ad" button next to each banner. If you find any more malicious ads, please notify us immediately on out forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Top Bottom