Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Change crits logic in JB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Mario | blw.tf

Australium
Staff Member
Admin
It's a simple suggestion, i'm suggesting to change the BLU Crit logic from OnTakeDamage crits to CalcIsAttackCritical crits (same as 100% Crits servers), this would make Afterburn/Sentries do minicrits instead of crits and Mantreads stomp deal normal damage, and visually talking, shoots/projectiles would do crit sounds/have crit particles.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
It's a simple suggestion, i'm suggesting to change the BLU Crit logic from OnTakeDamage crits to CalcIsAttackCritical crits (same as 100% Crits servers), this would make Afterburn/Sentries do minicrits instead of crits and Mantreads stomp deal normal damage, and visually talking, shoots/projectiles would do crit sounds/have crit particles.
Assuming this works the way I think it does (essentially crit boosting all blus instead of crit debuffing the red team, do I have that right?), I'm personally not a fan of this. Not only would this nerf the holiday punch for no reason at all (goes from having the option to damage or stun to never dealing damage period), it would also strip the crits off of things like taunt kills and the RPS taunt that can't crit normally. Granted, those attacks are usually one hit kills anyway, but theres something inherently satisfying about doing 2997 damage with a taunt, and I feel this change just kinda deflates the fun factor a little bit with no major upside for doing so (assuming Im not completely out of the ballpark on this).

Last edited:

Shadow Mario | blw.tf

Australium
Staff Member
Admin
Assuming this works the way I think it does (essentially crit boosting all blus instead of crit debuffing the red team, do I have that right?)
Eh? No, REDs would remain unaffected, and BLUs would stay mostly unaffected also, the only gameplay difference being afterburn damage being reduced in around 57,33% (from 12 to 5 iirc), and that would make projectiles be visually prettier, since they would have crit particles.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Eh? No, REDs would remain unaffected, and BLUs would stay mostly unaffected also, the only gameplay difference being afterburn damage being reduced in around 57,33% (from 12 to 5 iirc), and that would make projectiles be visually prettier, since they would have crit particles.
Apologies, I might not have phrased that properly. Essentially, instead of all blu attacks doing critical damage when they strike a target, they would follow the rules for being crit boosted instead, meaning things like afterburn, sentries, and taunt attacks can only minicrit.
I did some testing on a 100% crits server, and my suspicions seemed to be accurate. The Holiday Punch only ever tried to stun the target, and taunt attacks dealt normal damage (they didn't even mini-crit, what's up with that?), so in light of that, my vote remains no. Also,
Mantreads stomp deal normal damage,
Why does THIS need to be changed? Has someone been MFK'ing with the Mantreads or something? ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom