Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined ChairsWithWheels's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: ChairsWithWheels

Name
ChairsWithWheels

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year. Yes, 12 days

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Have you read the guide, on how to apply? Yes

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:1:96938596

Your DiscordID
ChairsWithWheels#1111

Have you managed servers previously? No

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
I play on all three kinds of dodge ball servers, Easy, Wave, and Advanced. Mostly always the ones that are based in NY and lower ping servers on the East Coast.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I play on these servers a good amount, and I very much enjoy dodge ball. I enjoy these servers as they are a good community. So I would like to help the team if at all possible.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you have spoken to or know
ckr, xhefos

How often do you play TF2?
I have 37.2 hours logged in the past two weeks. I work 10 hours a day but when I get home I'm usually always on TF2.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
Dodgeball Specific Rules / General Rules
-------------------------------------------------

Cheating - Ruins fun for everyone, Record evidence using demos, permanent ban

!calladmin Abuse - One day ban >> One week ban >> Permanent ban

Toxicity between players / General toxicity - Warning >> One hour gag / mute >> One day gag / mute >> One week gag/mute >> Two week gag/mute >> One month gag/mute >> Permanent gag/mute

Mic spam - One hour gag / mute >> One day gag/mute >> One week gag / mute >> One month gag/mute >> Perm gag / mute

Stealing rockets - Repeated occurrences of blatantly doing this is not warranted. Slay (If autoslay does not take care of it) >> Kick >> One Hour Ban >> One day ban >> One week ban >> One month ban >> Two month ban >> Permanent ban

Delaying game - >> Kick >> One hour ban >> One day ban >> Two day ban >> One week ban >> Permanent ban

Body-blocking (Yes, it's still possible to fat a rocket) - Kick >> One hour ban >> One day ban >> Two day ban >> One week ban >> Two week ban >> Permanent ban

Advertising Cheats/Hacks - Permanent gag/mute

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I haven't moderated a TF2 server, however, I understand the dodgeball servers and the community that plays on them and how I would like to become a helping hand in moderation of them.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? No

Shades

Staff Member
Admin
Hi Chairs, going to do a brief overview of your application.

chairs time.jpg

Prior app

No bans on record.

1 comm ban on record, and was earlier this year.

Could you elaborate more on your general rules.
1. What would you do if someone had an NSFW/ Offensive spray?
2. How would you handle admin impersonation?
3. What would you do if there is a player that has been afk for awhile and the server is full?

Delaying game - >> Kick >> One hour ban >> One day ban >> Two day ban >> One week ban >> Permanent ban

This is rather harsh, consider going from a 1 hour ban to 4 hours to 8 hours ect... Along with going from a week ban to permanent for delaying? There is time in-between that, that could be added as well.
A lot of your dodgeball/ general punishment ladders could use this.

Good luck on your application.

Last edited:
1. What would you do if someone had an NSFW/ Offensive spray? - I would spray-ban, and ask them to change the spray.
2. How would you handle admin impersonation? - I would ask them to stop. If they didn't I would ban for a day.
3. What would you do if there is a player that has been afk for awhile and the server is full? - Kick them with the reasoning that they were afk in a full lobby.

As for the ladder, yeah, I'd probably go back and add some more steps to toxicity, stealing rockets, delaying game, and body-blocking, relaxing on the steepness. I can go back to the ladders and add this if needed.

Explain this
Stealing a rocket that is going right towards you is fine, but blatantly standing in front of someone and repetitively stealing their rockets is not.

Zonas

Sufficiently Lethal
Staff Member
Admin
Stealing a rocket that is going right towards you is fine, but blatantly standing in front of someone and repetitively stealing their rockets is not.
Even on servers that allow stealing?

Well that's allowed on advanced servers, but not on wave or easy. Wave will not auto-slay when stealing rockets.

Shades

Staff Member
Admin
1. What would you do if someone had an NSFW/ Offensive spray? - I would spray-ban, and ask them to change the spray.
2. How would you handle admin impersonation? - I would ask them to stop. If they didn't I would ban for a day.
3. What would you do if there is a player that has been afk for awhile and the server is full? - Kick them with the reasoning that they were afk in a full lobby.

As for the ladder, yeah, I'd probably go back and add some more steps to toxicity, stealing rockets, delaying game, and body-blocking, relaxing on the steepness. I can go back to the ladders and add this if needed.
Add the "123" to your app with a full ladder to the ones that apply and update the other ladders with the advice I gave you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom