Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined cDoogle's Admin Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

cDoogle

User name: cDoogle

Name
cDoogle

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_1:1:169941351

Your DiscordID Doogle#0202

Have you managed servers previously? No

On what servers do you usually play on?
Jailbreak, Dodgeball

Why would you like to become an admin?
I would like to become an admin because, though I have no TF2 server management experience (other than Donation perks from here,) I have managed a number of Discords, ranging from streamers to privately; Since I'm on TF2 frequently, and I've especially played for about 3 years here on Blackwonder, I would like to help with managing your servers and do what I can to assist and help keep these servers clear of rule breaking and cheating.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? No

When are you usually available to play?
12 PM - 2 AM EST

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the game modes you play
-Dodgeball
1. Stealing/Disruption - A warning, if continuous, a slay.
2. Stalling - A warning, if continuous, a slay. If player continues to do so after slay, ban. (2 hrs. > 6 hrs. > 12 hrs. > 24 hrs. > 48 hrs. > Permanent)
3. Mic spam - Mute. (12 hrs. > 24 hrs. > 48. hrs. > Permanent)
4. Cheating - Permanent ban.
-Jailbreak
1. AFK continuously on Blu - Team ban/Mute. (1 hrs. > 6 hrs. > 12 hrs. > 48 hrs. > Permanent)
2. Refusal to be warden (with mic) - Team ban/Mute. (2 hrs. > 24 hrs. > 72 hrs. > Permanent)
3. Talking over warden continuously- Team ban/Mute. (12 hrs. > 24 hrs. > 72 hrs. > Permanent)
4. Mic spam - Team ban/Mute. (12 hrs. > 24 hrs. > 48. hrs. > Permanent)
5. No mic on Blu - Team ban, until proven with a mic (Permanent until quota)
6. Freekilling - A warning, then slay. If continuous, a team ban/mute. (72 hrs. > Permanent)
7. Cheating - Permanent ban.

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
N/A

Last edited:

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Herro, I'll make this a quick summary of my thoughts.

Your DiscordID Doogle#0202
I don't think you're in our discord.

Blackwonder, Valve, Skial, FalseFlag
We mean which BLW servers.

-Dodgeball
Stalling - Two warnings, then a kick. Join back and start stalling again, immediate ban.
Cheating - Immediate ban.
-Jailbreak
No mic on Blu - Team ban, until proven with a mic.
Freekilling - A warning, if continuous, a team ban.
Refusal to be warden/AFK continuously - Team ban.
Please add punishment durations and a ladder.

Please add the missing details or correct the mistakes, then i will make a proper review. Thanks!
PS: please read this: https://blackwonder.tf/threads/staff-application-how-to.13572/
That guide will help immensely.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day.

Console |

Velcro is a Furry
Staff Member
Admin
Heyo Doogle! Sorry for the late reply on your application, but I'm here now, and will be trying to cover all important points :)

First thing that I noticed was that you weren't in our discord at the time of posting this, but now have joined and seem to be one of the most active users I've seen over the past few days, which is good. You've also been a forum member since 2017 which is really cool, which made me look at your time played. You seem to have only come back to BLW servers quite recently.
1570949218248.png
Over all of your playtime, you have 2 days, which isn't bad, but most time is before 2019. Only counting 2019, you have about 21 hours on BLW servers, which considering that you came back on Monday is quite impressive, but the fact that you did return on Monday, just shows that you don't really play on BLW much anymore, until a few days ago, and made a staff application after coming back for about a day. It'd probably be for the best of everyone if you were to just play more and be more of an active player on servers.

As for your application, it seems fine, other than the only part where I found an issue, your punishment section. I'm not a dodgeball moderator, so I'll leave that part alone, but you do seem to have a severe lacking in the rules for Jailbreak for your punishment section. If you need a full list of rules for Jailbreak, click on this for a full list. > Jailbreak Rules

As for the punishment ladder in general, it seems a bit too harsh.
1. AFK continuously on Blu - Team ban/Mute. (1 hrs. > 6 hrs. > 12 hrs. > 48 hrs. > Permanent)
Usually, you'd kick the player if they were AFK.

You also seem to put unnecessary punishments, such as teamban/mute for micspam. There are 4 instances of this, so I'll put them in a spoiler
2. Refusal to be warden (with mic) - Team ban/Mute. (2 hrs. > 24 hrs. > 72 hrs. > Permanent)
3. Talking over warden continuously- Team ban/Mute. (12 hrs. > 24 hrs. > 72 hrs. > Permanent)
4. Mic spam - Team ban/Mute. (12 hrs. > 24 hrs. > 48. hrs. > Permanent)
6. Freekilling - A warning, then slay. If continuous, a team ban/mute. (72 hrs. > Permanent)
I'll just go down in order of what you should've listed only.
2: Teamban.
3: Mute
4: Mute
6: Teamban

Enough application punishment section talk, let's move on to your punishments. You have no bans at all, along with no teambans, which is really good.

Overall, you seem professional and calm in game, other than the occasional profanity, which can easily be worked on. You don't have much time on BLW recently, so more time on servers, which you do seem to frequent as of this week, will be beneficial. Good luck on your applicaton!

Last edited by a moderator:

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Howdy,

I had seen the 11 month absence and left this open to gauge a better idea of who you are now, on the servers. Ignoring the Lenny spam in your logs, I really dislike how you instructed others to fire warden, as a meme. You would need to punish people for this type of behavior, and players have just seen your provoking chaos.

You just came back a couple of weeks ago and I believe you need more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom