Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted CashPrizes's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

CashPrizes

Conker's Own
User name: CashPrizes

Name
CashPrizes

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:1:22257319

Your DiscordID
CashPrizes#8036

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
Since 2015 I am currently a Global Server Admin for LotusClan. During our ‘peak years’ we had approximately 100 unique servers and over 300,000 players in our main Steam group. Furthermore, I am a moderator on the forums which includes handling ban requests and appeals, as well as donor related issues.

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
I usually always play on the 100% Crit servers as this is something I enjoy spending my free time on. I would like to assist in moderating these 3 servers primarily:
• BlackWonder LA | Orange | 100% Crits
• BlackWonder NY | Orange | 100% Crits
• BlackWonder | Orange | 100% Crits

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I have been playing TF2 since 2009 and have always enjoyed playing on crit servers from different communities. Ever since I discovered your group I have been hooked and drawn to your servers and desire to assist in any capacity that I can. I wish to uphold and provide players a fun and toxic-free environment while playing in the Blackwonder community. Each time I hop online I encourage and educate the users to familiarize themselves with the rules, and to be respectful to one another. I’m currently a donor and have only used the privileges when needed. As mentioned above, I bring along 5 years of experience in administrating servers, knowledge with sourcemods, and web admin use. Moreover, I do not see any current admins on those particular servers. If accepted as moderator this would allow for more coverage and attention to those 3 specifically. I am very active on the forums and the discord. I try to give back to the community as much as possible.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you have spoken to or know
The following names of Staff are people that I've had multiple conversations with; and not just names I've seen floating on the forums:

Vick, Console, Robbwonder, Raven, Jim, and Benedevil.

When are you usually available to play?
I am available on weekdays from 6-10:30pm (EST) and on weekends my availability is between 12pm to 7pm because I normally work 10 hour shifts.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
The following would be specific to the 3 servers listed above:

Hacking and Cheating: Record and gather sufficient evidence from a demo of the accused user and permanently ban them.

Advertising Hacks: Gather proof (i.e screenshot or chat logs). This warrants a permanent mute/gag. Users who deliberately advertise hacks deserve no warning as they’re intentionally looking to create a bad environment.

Racism and Bigotry: One warning issued to user, followed by 3 hour gag/mute, 6 hour gag/mute, 1 day gag/mute, 3 day gag/mute, 5 day gag/mute, 1 week gag/mute, 2 week gag/mute, finally permanently if required. This is something I strictly do not tolerate coming from a larger community.

Voice and/or Chat Spam: One warning issued to user, followed by 2 hours, 4 hours, 6 hours, 1 day, 2 days, 4 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, 4 weeks, and finally permanent gag/mute if deemed necessary.

Inappropriate/Offensive Spray: A permanent spray ban is given. If the user provides evidence that he/she has removed the spray to a staff member, and will not repeat the offence, it may be removed.

Speaking a Language Other than English: One warning issued to user, 2 hour mute, 4 hour mute, 6 hour mute, 8 hour mute, 1 day mute, 3 day mute, 5 day mute, 1 week mute, 2 week mute, 4 week mute, and finally permanent if needed.

Exploiting: One warning issued to user, proceeded by slay, 1 hour ban, 4 hour ban, 6 hour ban, 1 day ban, 3 day ban, 1 week ban, 2 week ban, 3 week ban, lastly permanent ban.

User Who is AFK: This player would be forced over to spectator.

Abusing the !calladmin Function: One warning issued to user, followed by 1 hour ban, 2 hour ban, 5 hour ban, 7 hour ban, 1 day ban, 2 day ban, 5 day ban, 1 week ban, 2 week ban, 4 week ban, lastly permanent ban.

Revealing or Exposing Undercover Admin: One warning issued to user, 2 hour gag/mute, 4 hour gag/mute, 6 hour gag/mute, 1 day gag/mute, 3 day gag/mute, 5 day gag/mute, 1 week gag/mute, 2 week gag/mute, 1 month gag/mute, lastly permanent.

Admin Impersonation: One warning issued to user to modify their current avatar and/or name, followed by kick with reason provided, 6 hour ban, 12 hour ban, 1 day ban, 3 day ban, 1 week ban, 2 week ban.

Spawncamping: One warning issued to user, advising them to retreat from spawn area and allow other players to exit unhindered, followed by slay, 1 hour ban, 3 hour ban, 5 hour ban, 7 hour ban, 1 day, 3 day ban, 5 day ban.

Griefing: One warning issued to user to stop utilizing/abusing said game mechanic for personal gain and start assisting the team, proceeded by slay, 2 hour ban, 4 hour ban, 6 hour ban, 1 day ban, 3 day ban, 1 week ban, 2 week ban, lastly 1 month ban if needed.

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I actively use a microphone while on the servers when enforcing rules and issuing warnings. I am proactive with the latest TF2 exploit(s) that may arise and educate myself each day. This community is one that I intend to commit and stay active in, as well as give back in different capacities whenever possible. Thank you for considering this application.

Stats page for reference: Click here

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Yes

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Fluent in Hungarian and Serbian.

Last edited:

Zonas

Sufficiently Lethal
Staff Member
Admin
I don't see what's wrong in your application
I wish you good luck

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Can confirm he’s a Lotus admin with experience. Player is pleasant on discord. I have not checked chatlogs, playtime or if player has made forum reports or tried to resolve rulebreakers they’ve encountered by using #requesthelp.

Vick30

Meatball

Vick

Applicant has actively tried to assist the server in most ways possible from my experience playing with him. Furthermore, the candidate has asked questions in #requesthelp implying that the user wants to gain knowledge and learn. There is however no reports made from this applicant, but I do think we can overlook that since Cash prize has compensated in other forms such as being active both on Discord and in-game.

CashPrizes

Conker's Own
Applicant has actively tried to assist the server in most ways possible from my experience playing with him. Furthermore, the candidate has asked questions in #requesthelp implying that the user wants to gain knowledge and learn. There is however no reports made from this applicant, but I do think we can overlook that since Cash prize has compensated in other forms such as being active both on Discord and in-game.
This is true that I haven't submitted a ban request yet simply due to most users cooperating and acknowledging verbal warnings, pertaining to that specific server. I did however feel that it was important to show global activity across the different platforms prior to the decision of creating an application.

@Console | I'm not sure how I missed those 2 important rules but nevertheless, I have taken them into account and provided appropriate punishment ladders.

Last edited:

Console |

Velcro is a Furry
Staff Member
Admin
Hey CashPrizes, it's a pleasant surprise to see you applying for moderator. You've been very active on both the forums, the discord, and the servers.

You have no punishments on the servers, you are helpful all around, and you also have experience as a staff member. The only thing I see that can be fixed in this application is a spawncamping and a griefing ban ladder, since you are applying for servers where these rules are applied. Other than that, your chatlogs seem fine, with no hatred towards anyone in a malicious manner or anything absurd. You've got 19 hours logged on BLW servers which is a good thing, and I wish you good luck on this application

CashPrizes

Conker's Own
I do appreciate all the constructive criticism that's been provided thus far. It is not taken with a light heart. One detail that was not mentioned in the application was !calladmin experience. Currently our 'admin system' revolves around Staff responding promptly to server alerts/requests that are presented via an admin bot. This was a project that I assisted in implementing in our community.

CashPrizes

Conker's Own
I have added in a punishment ladder for admin impersonation. This was brought to my attention as it applies to all global servers. The application also includes my stats page so that others may access it more conveniently.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Herro,

I've had a conversation with you a few times, and I believe it's high time I dropped my opinion here.
My first impressions from the discussions on discord are positive. You're very nice to talk to and a very respectable person.
Your chatlogs fall in line with my experience with you on discord, you sometimes remind others about the rules and generally have short little conversations with others on the server.
You have a single votemute on your log, the reason being for micspam.

Your application is well put-together, and has all the information.
so honestly, I don't see anything wrong with you being staff, besides a possibility of being inexperienced in terms of playtime, which I'm not really qualified to talk about due to the reason stated above.

Thank you for your interest in becoming BLW staff, and have a nice day.

DBZkill

Unremarkable
I do not see anything weird or dumb in this application form.
It's very good
I actually like this form the most since everything i've readen is Perfect. You're perfect.

I wish you good luck ;)

Tax Fraud

The Monkey King
Staff Member
23 Hours of Playtime
Chatlogs are clean
You conduct yourself maturely
Respectful on discord, forums, and in-game
Helpful to new players
Has prior admin experience
Would make a great staff member
Good luck

CashPrizes

Conker's Own
Herro,

I've had a conversation with you a few times, and I believe it's high time I dropped my opinion here.
My first impressions from the discussions on discord are positive. You're very nice to talk to and a very respectable person.
Your chatlogs fall in line with my experience with you on discord, you sometimes remind others about the rules and generally have short little conversations with others on the server.
You have a single votemute on your log, the reason being for micspam.

Your application is well put-together, and has all the information.
so honestly, I don't see anything wrong with you being staff, besides a possibility of being inexperienced in terms of playtime, which I'm not really qualified to talk about due to the reason stated above.

Thank you for your interest in becoming BLW staff, and have a nice day.

Thank you for the feedback, Gibus. The communication between users online and myself is an accumulation of both verbal and written speech. I try to hold myself accountable in all manners.

I do not see anything weird or dumb in this application form.
It's very good
I actually like this form the most since everything i've readen is Perfect. You're perfect.

I wish you good luck ;)

This is much appreciated Candyskill. I wanted to ensure that the application was written and submitted in total completion.

23 Hours of Playtime
Chatlogs are clean
You conduct yourself maturely
Respectful on discord, forums, and in-game
Helpful to new players
Has prior admin experience
Would make a great staff member
Good luck

Thanks Tax Fraud for the constructive criticism. It means a lot. In the meantime I will continue to practice patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom