Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Calladmin upgrades

Daddy Puddin'

Truly Feared
Hello, it is I, the big banned boye.

1. Make !calladmin reports invisible either to every other player (besides the player using it) or only to the player who is being reported.

2. Add a delay to !calladmin if it's used on the same person multiple times (x amount of minutes every time it's used by the same person or someone else) as this would prevent the inevitable spam that comes from the messages being hidden.

Danke, very naisu.

D

Deleted member 3276

Or limit the calladmin command to competent players who won’t abuse it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tokugawa Ieyasu Jr

Scarcely Lethal
I thank you for taking the time to make this suggestion!

Or limit the calladmin command to compant players who won’t abuse it.
The issue with this is that you would have to decide which player won´t abuse it. There sadly is no list of approved players who never hurt a fly.

Hello, it is I, the big banned boye.

1. Make !calladmin reports invisible either to every other player (besides the player using it) or only to the player who is being reported.

2. Add a delay to !calladmin if it's used on the same person multiple times (x amount of minutes every time it's used by the same person or someone else) as this would prevent the inevitable spam that comes from the messages being hidden.

Danke, very naisu.
Since both point 1 and point 2 would have to be implemented that is a lot of work. I knew a veteran coder who told me such things are hard to do. As this is not an issue only this community has issues with.

Keep in mind if this were to be implemented, you lose the ´´scare´´ effect which can be useful. For example when there is no admin online able to respond to the call. The rulebreakers doesn´t know this and can disconnect in order ´´trick´´ the admin. I noticed this happen a few times practically on the servers already. I would rather have this side effect to stay.

The easiest fix would be simply contacting an administrator on Steam or on Discord. This generally has more effect as simply using Call Admin for it is way more direct.

Given these arguments I think it is better not to implement this suggestion. I am still grateful for the work you put into this!

D

Deleted member 3276

The issue with this is that you would have to decide which player won´t abuse it. There sadly is no list of approved players who never hurt a fly.

It’s not really a issue because most admins know which players could be trusted with this privilege.

Tokugawa Ieyasu Jr

Scarcely Lethal
It’s not really a issue because most admins know which players could be trusted with this privilege.
I trust your words my friend. If you are able to get the admins to do such work and of course make sure it is updated regularly then I would say, add it as soon as possible. Sadly, in my 1700 hours on this account, and many staff roles in this time, I have never met a team of admins who had such free time and care to do that. But if you manage, I shall help you if you would need it.

Daddy Puddin'

Truly Feared
I thank you for taking the time to make this suggestion!

Yeah

IKeep in mind if this were to be implemented, you lose the ´´scare´´ effect which can be useful.

What scare effect, lol? You want an admin in-game to get the rule breaker punished, if you're trying to "scare" them, they'll stop rule breaking and when the admin gets in-game, nothing will be done.

For example when there is no admin online able to respond to the call. The rulebreakers doesn´t know this and can disconnect in order ´´trick´´ the admin. I noticed this happen a few times practically on the servers already. I would rather have this side effect to stay.

If he dcs, he doesn't get punished. If he stays, he gets punished. I believe you can see why the messages being hidden would be more useful than them being visible.

The easiest fix would be simply contacting an administrator on Steam or on Discord. This generally has more effect as simply using Call Admin for it is way more direct.

!calladmin is supposed to be faster than the other two options since you can do it from in-game [you could talk to admins on Steam also but they won't add me back, @will5023 why have you forgotten me :sadcat:].

Calladmin being visible as the same effect on rule breakers as calling out on an admin as soon as they try to join the server; that would be a negative effect, if you aren't following what I'm saying, and is something that should be looked into, in my opinion.

lol

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

Since both point 1 and point 2 would have to be implemented that is a lot of work. I knew a veteran coder who told me such things are hard to do. As this is not an issue only this community has issues with.

1 line of code for the first request.
Maybe 7 or for the second.

3 minutes of work at most.

Tokugawa Ieyasu Jr

Scarcely Lethal
1 line of code for the first request.
Maybe 7 or for the second.

3 minutes of work at most.

I thank you. Luckily I am still in reasonable contact with him. I shall contact him as soon as possible. Maybe something went wrong when he tried it.

Paragon

Foster The People

Paragon

Making it invisible is kinda dumb, there will be many calladmin abuses we won't be able to report

Want an easy solution? Have it connected to a bot with key words that will temp ban the person, lets be real people always call admin abuse, regardless if its visible or not. People get punished but still use it knowing the consequences.

byrnable

Uncharitable
Want an easy solution? Have it connected to a bot with key words that will temp ban the person, lets be real people always call admin abuse, regardless if its visible or not. People get punished but still use it knowing the consequences.
I don't think a tempban would be necessary, seems kinda harsh, I think that people that use the calladmin command should have a bit of a delay, like 5 seconds or so. And for it to send a link to the discord as discord is a way better and easier way of contacting an admin.

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
i think i can speak for all of us admins when i say yes please, the times i've been in a server spectating someone only for a call to be broadcast and them leave, so yes dont let anyone except the reporter see the report has been made and sure there may be some spam but i dont think we need the second part. added a poll

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom