Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Bunch of suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

1.: Create a server that rotates less popular gamemodes like class warfare, smash bros, rocket pit etc.

2.: Categorize the servers in !servers command, for example break the servers down into regions(US, EU, AUS). You could even break them down to gamemodes within the regions.

3.: In dodgeball, when the rocket is targeting you and you suicide, the rocket could explode, disappear instead of finding another target.

4.: On the forums if you post in Suggestions, Reports, Punishment Appeals, Questions, Problems or Admin apps. the post should be automatically marked "Pending" for everyone.

5.: Remove the "Extend current map" vote on 2Fort, it got enabled together with team scrambling and now sometimes it's just started for no reason. It doesn't make any sense. Or you could restrict starting votes to admins. Or remove the traditional votes from the menu and add team scrambling to the "Voting commands" in the admin panel.

6.: Regarding Looooong maps:
  • Lower map time to like 20 minutes
  • Make it so maps change when time is up instead of when round is won.
  • Remove ctf_sawmill_hell cuz it crashes for a lot of players unless you are subscribed to the map on workshop.
  • Somehow add the maps to the admin "change map" menu or add a command that changes the server map to nextmap.
7.: On every server... only display maps in the "Choose map" menu that are in the map rotation. COMPLETED!

8.: Make sourcebans faster by only showing servers on the servers page.

9.: Display StoreBot's commands better. When you add him make him send a message to you which is just a copy of his description.

10.: Make it so the same person cannot become juggernaut twice in a row.
12.: Add killstreak as donator perk (!ks) and enable it on every server.

13.: Add an icon to "Bookmark list"
bookmark.png

14.: Add donator to the store for the price of a key in credits.

I just wanted to get these out in case we run out of suggestions in a few months.

Last edited:

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

1. Variety is good. It's hard to find a decently populated server playing Class Warfare or SB anymore which is a real shame.
2. Having a server browser would be handy if you forgot to favourite something or wanted to try out new gamemodes without having to search via VALVe's flawless built-in server browser.
3. Never really played Dodgeball all that much but I'd prefer if it wasn't immediately reset, just that the speed was taken down by about 2 notches in the event of someone killing themselves, but still staying in the same position.
4. Reports should only be marked "Pending" if they're being dealt with at that moment, but other than that it seems like a nice idea.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

About the third, the problem is that if the rocket is fast and you suicide it immediately finds another target and often kills that target because the person wasn't expecting the rocket and wasn't ready to reflect. It's a way of trolling people.
Slowing the rocket down instead of destroying it could be a solution too, but you have to slow it down to an extent where newbies can react too otherwise if you just slow it down slightly, newbies still won't be able to react and the experienced players will just get confused. I'd rather just destroy it, but if it can be slowed down to the speed of a spawn rocket then both are fine solutions.

EDIT: Added a fifth suggestion.

Last edited:

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

EDIT2: Added 3 more suggestions.

Last edited:

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
7. AAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL THE SEEEEEEEEEEEEERVEEEEEEEEEEEERS HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN CLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEANED!!!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

welp that was a lots of fun deleting those unwanted maps in 180+ servers....... not
EYYYYYY at least i helped out, YAY!!E KR#O$PWTI)O

Last edited:

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Ehm, if you read it again... "Regarding looooong maps" (that's 1 server)

Highertower will probably never ever finish -> map doesn't change.

Thank you though for this essay. -grin--grin-

#Whentheydeletetheirmessageandyouseemlikeanidiot

Last edited:

JoeLife26

Scarcely Lethal
Ehm, if you read it again... "Regarding looooong maps" (that's 1 server)

Highertower will probably never ever finish -> map doesn't change.

Thank you though for this essay. -grin--grin-
Yea but above it says 20 minutes reduced but yea i see where u are coming from...

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Those all are for looong maps, that specific server, because map time was 60 minutes before. People get turned off really easily when nothing is happening. That server is supposed to be a rotation of looooong maps, not a 24/7 server. And when the map time is 60 minutes and the round never ends cuz people just can't win because of how the map is. People get bored and leave.

We have a separate 2fooooort and a highertower server for those who want to play all day on those.

JoeLife26

Scarcely Lethal
Those all are for looong maps, that specific server, because map time was 60 minutes before. People get turned off really easily when nothing is happening. That server is supposed to be a rotation of looooong maps, not a 24/7 server. And when the map time is 60 minutes and the round never ends cuz people just can't win because of how the map is. People get bored and leave.
Oh ok so that's what you meant haha my bad i thought you meant like servers 40 min like the ones I listed :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Woooh, we're at 12 now. Can't even include them in the vote. 10 maximum responses allowed.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
1.: Create a server that rotates less popular gamemodes like class warfare, smash bros, rocket pit etc.

2.: Categorize the servers in !servers command, for example break the servers down into regions(US, EU, AUS). You could even break them down to gamemodes within the regions.

3.: In dodgeball, when the rocket is targeting you and you suicide, the rocket could explode, disappear instead of finding another target.

4.: On the forums if you post in Suggestions, Reports, Punishment Appeals, Questions, Problems or Admin apps. the post should be automatically marked "Pending" for everyone.

5.: Remove the "Extend current map" vote on 2Fort, it got enabled together with team scrambling and now sometimes it's just started for no reason. It doesn't make any sense. Or you could restrict starting votes to admins. Or remove the traditional votes from the menu and add team scrambling to the "Voting commands" in the admin panel.

6.: Regarding Looooong maps:
  • Lower map time to like 20 minutes
  • Make it so maps change when time is up instead of when round is won.
  • Remove ctf_sawmill_hell cuz it crashes for a lot of players unless you are subscribed to the map on workshop.
  • Somehow add the maps to the admin "change map" menu or add a command that changes the server map to nextmap.
7.: On every server... only display maps in the "Choose map" menu that are in the map rotation. COMPLETED!

8.: Make sourcebans faster by only showing servers on the servers page.

9.: Display StoreBot's commands better. When you add him make him send a message to you which is just a copy of his description.

10.: Make it so the same person cannot become juggernaut twice in a row.

11.: Update "No Spawncamping" rule on every server
  • Do not go inside the spawn.
  • Do not prevent players from getting out of spawn.
12.: Add killstreak as donator perk (!ks) and enable it on every server.

13.: Add an icon to "Bookmark list"
bookmark.png

14.: Add donator to the store for the price of a key in credits.

I just wanted to get these out in case we run out of suggestions in a few months.

1. Not too sure if it would become popular by just throwing all those gamemodes together, but still worth a try.

2. That would help greatly, but I think the priority should be categorizing them by gamemode, then region. People care more about the gamemode then the region.

3. Seems fair and simpler than slowing down the rocket.

4. Need a little tweak. Instead of "Pending", it should be something more in the direction of "Yet to be reviewed", but shorter.

5. I disagree. I think it should be added to every first map vote as the 5th voice. Then the map should be extended half the original time. Then on the second vote, another random map (or chosen, if 5 or more people nominate a map) is shown

6. In some gamemodes, I'd prefer to have a longer map. Like Saxton and Deathrun (my babies). But even if we cut it down to 20 min, I would like the option "Extent Current Map" on every vote, like I said in my previous reply. Also, I do think that every map is available in the admin menu, even the broken one's.

8. Yeah, sure, why not.

9. Or just make a command like !help that he responses to. If that is possible. If you add him, he gives you the advise that if you ever forgot a command for StoreBot, just write !help to him.

10. Dunno what a juggernaut is.

11. Yes and No. "Do not go inside the spawn" - Yes. "Do not prevent players from getting out of spawn" - No, at least not like that. Everyone should be able to "camp" in front of the other player's spawn. But, again if possible, there should be some kind of plugin which makes you, as long as you are in the spawn, unkillable. No heal, no refill ammo, you just don't take any damage. Though I am not sure if that could be abused on some maps.

12. Sure.

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
1. Not too sure if it would become popular by just throwing all those gamemodes together, but still worth a try.

2. That would help greatly, but I think the priority should be categorizing them by gamemode, then region. People care more about the gamemode then the region.

3. Seems fair and simpler than slowing down the rocket.

4. Need a little tweak. Instead of "Pending", it should be something more in the direction of "Yet to be reviewed", but shorter.

5. I disagree. I think it should be added to every first map vote as the 5th voice. Then the map should be extended half the original time. Then on the second vote, another random map (or chosen, if 5 or more people nominate a map) is shown

6. In some gamemodes, I'd prefer to have a longer map. Like Saxton and Deathrun (my babies). But even if we cut it down to 20 min, I would like the option "Extent Current Map" on every vote, like I said in my previous reply. Also, I do think that every map is available in the admin menu, even the broken one's.

8. Yeah, sure, why not.

9. Or just make a command like !help that he responses to. If that is possible. If you add him, he gives you the advise that if you ever forgot a command for StoreBot, just write !help to him.

10. Dunno what a juggernaut is.

11. Yes and No. "Do not go inside the spawn" - Yes. "Do not prevent players from getting out of spawn" - No, at least not like that. Everyone should be able to "camp" in front of the other player's spawn. But, again if possible, there should be some kind of plugin which makes you, as long as you are in the spawn, unkillable. No heal, no refill ammo, you just don't take any damage. Though I am not sure if that could be abused on some maps.

12. Sure.
Juggernaut is the OP person in Dodgeball

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

@DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

2.: I thought region was more important to avoid joining servers with bad connection.

5.: We're talking about a 24/7 2Fort server. There is no need to extend maps there. It's a community vote that you can start from the game menu and it's stupid.

6.: IS ONLY regarding the server "looooong maps"

9.: The problem is that people don't know those commands exist

11.: Spawncamping's definition: "Do not stop the enemies from being able to leave the spawn room.". This is great because it both works for people inside the spawn killing others and people spawncamping with stickies and sentries.

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

I worked on a gamemode rotation server on Blueprint, it had stuff like instagib, smash, prophunt, fort wars, glass attack, etc etc, but it didn't gain much traction compared to the rest. I still have the server files, may or may not work, and it was pretty jankily made.

I'll look at juggernaut's source after lunch.

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

About 4., stuff like that should only be "Pending" after it got some sort of first administration to counteract Jokers, Trolls and other stuff that doesnt belong there as I see "Pending" like accepted to review.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
@DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

2.: I thought region was more important to avoid joining servers with bad connection.

5.: We're talking about a 24/7 2Fort server. There is no need to extend maps there. It's a community vote that you can start from the game menu and it's stupid.

6.: IS ONLY regarding the server "looooong maps"

9.: The problem is that people don't know those commands exist

11.: Spawncamping's definition: "Do not stop the enemies from being able to leave the spawn room.". This is great because it both works for people inside the spawn killing others and people spawncamping with stickies and sentries.

2. Well, for me, it is not much of an issue. Yet I would prioritize gamemode over region. That way, the people quickly find the gamemode they want to play, and then choose the prefered region with the best connection. Either way, I wouldn't mind if we go after Region, then gamemode. As long as the server get sorted, I'm fine with both.

5. Oh, sorry then. Then I completely agree.

6. It was 3am or sth., please forgive my tardiness.

9. Maybe send an automatic message across all servers from storebot where he tells the players about the command(s)? That or just go with what you suggested.

11: Congratulations, you made me feel dumb. I hope you are proud of yourself.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Almost all have been completed. I have now disabled voting for extending the map on 2fort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom