Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Buffer overflow in net message

Jaws900

Strange
I have been getting this crash on super zombie fortress upon a new round starting where I'm disconnected. This can cause weapon issues as a zombie when reconnecting, and I believe this once managed to crash the server.

I know it's not a ram or disk issue since I'm running at less that 50% ram and less than 5% on both disks.

Jermbo

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member

Jermbo

It happened to me from time to time... I recommend restarting TF2 to at least fix it for me.

gusic

Scarcely Lethal

unknown

This error is caused by your client's netchannel failing to read svc_VoiceData from the server.
Such failures are caused by too many players talking through voice chat simultaneously.
Normally, that data is constantly being freed, but if anything causes your client to lag, such as a round restart, then the voice data will build up, leading to an overflow, and your client disconnects to prevent memory access violations.

There is not much of a solution beyond minimizing client lag and anticipating that not too many players talk between round restarts.

Last edited:

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom