Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Buff the Horsemann in VSH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Mainly applies in Skyhigh servers, but from my experience this Hale almost always gets demolished whenever someones unlucky enough to be randomly selected as him. He just doesn't have the mobility necessary to escape the endless cycle of being airblasted off the ledge into a nest of spies or a crit sticky trap, only to be knocked off again by the same pyros. His teleport is ok, but its cooldown is way too long and the teleport itself is exploitable by the red team, often warping him into an ubered opponent or an engineer who instantly telefrags him as soon as he tries it. His rage isn't that great either, and overall I think he needs some improvements in order to bring him in line with the other bosses.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
I agree. A larger rage radius and melee range doesn't make up for some of his downsides, like no super jump.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
This sounds more like you've had a recent negative experience. He can climb and teleport. Do you have any suggestions?

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
This sounds more like you've had a recent negative experience. He can climb and teleport. Do you have any suggestions?
The climb is nice for reaching people camping sheer, vertical surfaces without using a teleport. Other than that, its not very helpful, especially in combat. Unfortunately, I'm not entirely sure on what would fix this myself, I was hoping that if I brought the issue to attention, people would start throwing ideas out and a solution could be worked out that way.
If I had to make a suggestion, it would prob be either a buff to his neutral game, either some knockback resistance or a move speed increase, or increasing the lethality of his teleport, like a cooldown reduction or a close range stun effect once he teleports (effectively a rage with a smaller radius), to promote an ambush playstyle. That being said, I'm not an expert, just calling it as I see it :/

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
I've actually found HHH to be my favorite Hale and the easiest one to play. While yes, he can be telefragged, I've found that pairing the teleport with a rage has been a great way to deal with some especially obnoxious reds that any other Hale would have a hard time with. IIRC the period after teleporting where you move slower and can't attack is shorter than a Red's after being raged, so most do not survive this tactic unless they launch themselves off the edge of the map. There's a risk you take when you simply teleport to an enemy, and doing so carelessly can get you easily killed. High risk, high reward.

I also think his climb is one of his best traits, as it allows him to easily reach spots sometimes harder to reach for other Hales, such as the satellite dish snipers like to camp. A normal hale would take multiple super jumps, and in my experience, most Hales end up missing their first couple of tries anyways. HHH doesn't have to wait for any form of recharge to get to these hard to reach areas, saving precious time.

The way I see it, HHH is able to reach areas normal Hales can without cooldown, AND he's able to teleport. A very deadly combination, especially when you consider he also has a higher rage radius and melee range.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

Increase his health per player by around 15% or reduce his teleport cooldown by 5/10/15 seconds.

Could also adjust his teleport mechanic so that when his rage bar is filled, his teleport immediately comes off cd.

Honestly, experienced hale players dislike this Hale too, but rarely lose as him since they use his teleport and climbing abilities really well.

Tax Fraud

The Monkey King
Staff Member
Give him a buff based on his heads. Maybe cooldown reduction on teleport or maybe a speed boost. Up to a certain limit of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom