Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Buff heavy in VSH

Status
Not open for further replies.

shibe

Strange

shibe

What: Buff heavy so that he is fully independant and doesn't need help from other players to be functioning, at the moment you can only deal damage when you are next to a medic or at a sentry nest. This is no good, every heavy player should be able to deal damage by himself. The only place where this is possible is at the boxes in the tower at skyhigh resort.

Some examples which will make heavy better:
* More knockback from miniguns
* Able to take 3 hits, since demos can take 2 hits and heavy is the strongest.
* Shotguns are critical hits since they are never used now
* Dealing damage with melee weapons will give you a small heal bonus, like 50 or 75

Why: Heavy is under powered and never played unless you do it for fun or want to play friendly. There is a shortage on tactics since there only is one, sitting on boxes and hoping you will be the last player for critical hits.

Discuss, I'm open for critic

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
Everyone who think Heavy is weak clearly does not know of the taunt crit. You know how easy is it as a heavy to find a good spot, taunt, get crits, and deal tons of damage? Also, every god damn vsh round I play, there are at least 2 medics. One of them is glued to a heavy. No kiddin.

I may not be around vsh 24/7, but I played it long enough (without any significant changes happening) to know that no class really need a buff. You just need to learn how to properly use your class.

Though I can see where you come from.

Scout:
  • Fast and Evasive
  • Easy Goombas
  • Consistent Damage in Near-to-Middle Range
  • (Force-A-Nature and Sandman)
Soldier:
  • Rocket Jump
  • Easy Goombas
  • High Damage at Any Range
Pyro:
  • Airblast (great in combination with Spy)
  • Flare Gun Jump
  • Consistent Burn Damage (and crits pretty deadly)
Demo:
  • Sticky Jump
  • Easy Goombas
  • Demoknight
  • High Damage in Near-to-Middle Range
Heavy:
  • Can take 2 Hits
  • High Damage in Near Range (and crits very deadly)
Engineer:
  • Sentry, Dispenser and Teleporter
  • Sentry Jump
  • Telefrag
  • Supports the whole team
  • High Damage in Near-to-Middle Range with the chance of 9k damage instantly
Medic:
  • Can heal and revive
  • Overcharge (with crits)
  • Easy charge with primary wep
  • Easily increases damage output and survivability of someone by 2 (or more)
  • (Best Trap Setups)

Sniper:
  • Can jump with Melee Weapons
  • High Survivability since he is not bound to be near Hale to deal damage and can hide
  • Very High Damage at Long Range

Spy:
  • Can survive more than 2 hits (if invisible)
  • Great Survivability since he can turn invisible
  • Backstab
  • Very High Damage at Near Range

For a Heavy to really shine, he needs either a Medic or a Dispenser. But I think that is OK. After all, you usually don't play VSH alone. With lots of players of a server, a Heavy can easily deal tons of damage in the whole player mess.

That all being said, here's my opinion on this matter:

While I do not think that Heavy needs any buffs, if he ends up getting one, it should be only a small one. Like a bit more damage, a bit more knockback. The Heavy is already a pretty good class. You simply need some kind of support, may it be a Dispenser, a Medic or both. A Heavy doesn't act alone. He acts as a damage addition.

This is how I think at least.

Malz

Ben.

Unremarkable
I kind of agree with this guy to a point. But i feel like the minigun needs a bit more knockback (as stated) and maybe a hp buff? I mean we are talking about the most immobile class in team fortress 2 haha...

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
I kind of agree with this guy to a point. But i feel like the minigun needs a bit more knockback (as stated) and maybe a hp buff? I mean we are talking about the most immobile class in team fortress 2 haha...

I personally think that miniguns have enough kickback. If a heavy and a medic hide out in a small building and pop crits there is no chance of that hale getting in.

HP is also fine in my opinion, he can take two hits just fine without a medic or any real loss.

The problem is Heavy being so slow he is guaranteed to get caught if he doesn't camp out with an engie or medic. The GRU helps with this, but it actively deals damage to the heavy so they can't just run away forever.

Heavy might just be stuck in a state of suck. Increase his speed to match another class and he will either make the other class basically useless or still be useless himself. There's no easy way around it. I think heavy may just end up being a camping class.

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

Yeah, but you're not everyone, some people get a very bad score, even as Heavy.
Yes but balance changes don't only affect the "bad" ones, if we adapt heavy to be played by newbies we surely will get problems when the "good" ones use him.

May be that the heavy does not have much survivability, but he has great damage and can help his team with those hard-hitting crit bullets knocking the Hale around. Mostly you only use Heavy if you are sure that the Hale is distracted by other targets or gets constantly hit by Sentrys to cover you.

I'd only suggest changes regarding his secondary or unviable melee weapons (such as life-steal with shotgun, dahalokos bar boosts hp to 450 (3 hits),mayby some unique funktions to the useless melees), but other than that he already has a set and balanced Role in an team, and as Noobslay3r already said, can be very strong when used right.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
I personally don't feel that there is a need for a buff and since the discussion seems to come to this conclusion as well, I'll close this thread. Thank you for the suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom