Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bring Back the Versus Saxton Hale LR

Cyveray2

Scarcely Lethal
It was one of if not the best LR's in the pool of mediocre LR's, it should come back as I hate doing HG for several rounds in a row. I looked in the discord for some context and apparently from what little I seen it had issues with the bhop plugin or something, but the easy fix would be to add bhop back into VSH would it not? I'd rather have a VSH with bhop then no VSH at all, it was a genuinely fun LR that changed the way you play a jailbreak map with cool ways you can interact with the map. Such as building an engie nest in a good holding area, being a sniper slipping away from the hale by the grit of his teeth and as a spy getting some sick stabs with or without the bhop.

Please add back VSH my beloved <3

Also VSH with bhop was fine for the like 3 years I played before it was changed to no bhop buncha babies.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Not only crits but several other cvars that would crash the server on the next round. I had around 10 attempts on fixing this, without success. Could revisit it at some point

crikey

Legendary
Staff Member

crikey

It would also break bhop for the rest of the map time. If you really want to play vsh lr, last I checked aus jb and br jb still had it for some reason unless that was fixed.

StenRodd

Epic
Staff Member
I blame Pie for removal of VSH, and i want it back, some people says if you want to play VSH LR go play VSH server but i find way more fun to play VSH on JB, I don't care if it has crits or sniper climbing machete, we don't really need exact same stuff in VSH servers, all I want is VSH to come back

Cyveray2

Scarcely Lethal
I just want to get bhop stabs as spy or bhop market gardens as soldier on the burly Australian man.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Without Bhop it breaks plugins, with Bhop DR spies are a stallfest.

Until someone can sit down and spend a good amount of time both adjusting weapon balance and fixing bugs, VSH shouldn't come back.

Cyveray2

Scarcely Lethal
If it won't get added due to just one weapon's sins just ban the Dead Ringer then maybe it can be tweaked at a later date or not at all I just want this LR.

Pienamai

Face Melting
If it does get re-added with bhop, the dead ringer would definitely have to be banned since they make spy basically invincible. Additionally the rocket jumper might also need to be banned since it'll be way too easy to jump away and bhop the entire round delaying.
If bhop won't be re-added, then vsh would need quite a lot of balance changes, since most classes except spy/scout die pretty early on and are just unfun to play, and many rounds simply end with 1 scout running away from the hale for a few minutes. But with additional changes come additional bugs I'd assume.
But regardless of the route taken,I just admit that I do miss vsh although I was mostly in support of removing it

Peter

Australium
Staff Member
Admin
back when bhop was in vsh, i'm pretty sure the rocket jumper was banned but ye dr spies were basically the only option

Jermbo

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member

Jermbo

I quite interested having vsh lr back into server, however Bene pretty much self-explanatory on server crash. Despite that jailbreak plugin is old version however still works fine. Plus there are other lrs too.

Deleted User 4826

Uncharitable
Maps are getting inreasily complex & jack up the limit more and more, which will make VSH a option for people who wanna crash the server on high-load maps, so I cant in good faith upvote this as much as I want VSH back

Bhop in VSH was fine imo. It kept it fresh, and actively encouraged people to either learn how to bhop or to strategize and force hale to be more smart & proactive by not just bhopping everywhere, and lets say, forcing him to super jump towards a sentry nest.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
To be honest, I don't really support the idea of VSH being added back to JB. VSH requires quite a bit more upkeep compared to other LRs, and the maps aren't made for VSH in general. This also doesn't really help with the bloat that JB has - it's less a gamemode and more a compilation of gamemodes. What's next, we gonna add x100 mvm as an LR?
But seriously, on the programming side of things, I'd say it's going to be quite difficult to get two separate plugins like this to work well together without issue.

Jermbo

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member

Jermbo

To be honest, I don't really support the idea of VSH being added back to JB. VSH requires quite a bit more upkeep compared to other LRs, and the maps aren't made for VSH in general. This also doesn't really help with the bloat that JB has - it's less a gamemode and more a compilation of gamemodes. What's next, we gonna add x100 mvm as an LR?
But seriously, on the programming side of things, I'd say it's going to be quite difficult to get two separate plugins like this to work well together without issue.
actually, it is quite funny iirc. x2000 or x100 would be op anyway.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 9)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 9)

Top Bottom