Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Bring back Item drops on death

Sonny

Wicked Nasty

lumi

Having a blue drop the item they are holding on death would be a great feature Instead of them sometimes dropping a medium ammo box It would incentivize more reds to rebel without having to run to an ammo spot each and every time. I don't know how the community feels about this idea but I would love to take the weapon of a deceased blue. Rebelling really loses its purpose when the only way to effectively do it is ammo spots or armory with latter being nearly impossible on some maps. If a red kills an unaware blue or that pesky blue f2p scout who always runs into melee range of the reds they deserve to get the weapon that person is holding as its THEIR fault they died or put themselves in a bad position I understand on that off chance when a blue dies from a crit but whose fault is it for getting in the reds melee range. The blue. As reds have so little options to rebel and blues have so many ways to counter a rebel it would make the game feel fresher in my opinion. Feel free to comment on how you would feel about this change I'd love to know.

Sonny

Wicked Nasty

lumi

Another option to this could be to make the dropped item only have 1clip of ammo so blus can control the reds without it going into chaos every time a blu dies or how about blues only drop their weapon if they are killed because they could just suicide and keep giving reds ammo

Last edited:

Sonny

Wicked Nasty

lumi

I would completely support Blues being able to drop weapons upon death, but not ammo boxes
That's what I was trying to say Sometimes blues drop ammo boxes upon death but is complete luck if they do or not
That is why we need this system to balance it

Tax Fraud

The Monkey King
Staff Member
I would completely support Blus being able to drop weapons upon death, but not ammo boxes
I agree with the Dusk. If they drop ammo boxes, idiotic blus would make it way too easy for reds to rebel. Especially when a decent sniper can completely turn a round on its head.

Scrawny

Uncharitable

Scrawny

honestly its a good idea but i think it takes away the fun from rebelling.if someone gets ganged by a bunch of reds and they take the gun, they might get accussed of ammo glitching. if an uber demoman just kills all the blus because some dingus decides to kill bind near the reds, itll make it really boring. there will probably need rules to make sure this isnt abused. this is probably a stupid post by me but im sticking with no

Sonny

Wicked Nasty

lumi

honestly its a good idea but i think it takes away the fun from rebelling.if someone gets ganged by a bunch of reds and they take the gun, they might get accussed of ammo glitching. if an uber demoman just kills all the blus because some dingus decides to kill bind near the reds, itll make it really boring. there will probably need rules to make sure this isnt abused. this is probably a stupid post by me but im sticking with no
While that is a good point it is the demo's fault for staying close enough to where he could be rushed, another solution is to make it so weapons only drop on melee kills etc

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

or make it punishable for BLUs to suicide in the round outside of BLU-specific areas. That would also get rid of the bollocks 'Lying wardens have to suicide' spiel that REDs come up with.

Scrawny

Uncharitable

Scrawny

or make it punishable for BLUs to suicide in the round outside of BLU-specific areas. That would also get rid of the bollocks 'Lying wardens have to suicide' spiel that REDs come up with.
what if that person mfk and gets slayed or accidentally hits their kill bind (more often than yould think) i think itll be extra to limit where you must slay yourself at. also as more and more people join blackwonder, the rules will get broken so i dont think thisll really work out. if somehow bene makes a plugin where it only drops when the person gets killed by another person, then itll be better. but i dont think he has the technology to do that yet. (correct me if im wrong)

Last edited:

Vick30

Meatball

Vick

Agreeing partly with Cammy here. I support the idea of BLUs dropping their weapons when they die, but aren't allowed to do it intentionally. This prevents people from ruining rounds just by one sniper jumping into a crowd of REDs, or by some friends that want to troll.

Also I think what Cammy meant was that you cannot just intentionally kill yourself right infront of the REDs. If you accidentally kill yourself, people will know. And if you killed yourself intentionally, people will know. If the warden Massfreekill and gets slayed, I'd say that the round is already ruined, so getting their ammo doesn't really change anything.

So instead of not allowing BLUs to suicide anywhere besides the Blu areas, I suggest we only create a rule that states "Do not suicide to intentionally drop ammo in front of reds nor for no valid reason"
By that rule, it covers the "intentionally suiciding to give reds ammo" problem and the "warden cannot lie" rule + It allows for the suggestion to be added without any consequences.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

This also makes force-baiting a much more severe rulebreak, as you're also favouring and assisting the enemy team, griefing and willingly disrupting the gamemode in the event that you do die while baiting as a BLU.

D

Deleted member 2049

Let's think about the pros and cons of both choices then, I believe it may be easier (add if you want):

Dropping Weapons -
Limited to the dropped weapon (to rebel with)

Blus can identify the rebelling red through the dropped weapon

Red has the option to pick up and rebel or pass for a chance at LR

Ammo is dependent on how much the previous player used

Player may be accused of ammo glitching

Weapons are always dropped on death

Dropping Ammo Boxes -
Player has a fixed ammo amount

The chance of an ammo box dropping isn't 100% like dropping weapons

Not as easily identifiable by Blus

More of a fair chance for rebellers

Player could still be accused of ammo glitching

Forced to have ammo if touched

Possibilty of Blus to drop ammo on Reds without the intention of rebelling

GREEN = POSITIVE [Beneficial]

YELLOW = NEUTRAL [Can be beneficial or not]

RED = CON [Not really beneficial
]

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
No one gonna close this thread?
Also, thanks Benedevil for implementing this :)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 10)

Top Bottom