Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Bring back Atomizer double jump for Jailbreak

Tax Fraud

The Monkey King
Staff Member
As the title suggests, I would like to see the double jump mechanic come back for the atomizer with the lose health stat.
Pros:
> Air maneuverability would increase for rebels and they can now reach places a bit easier
> Some minigames would be easier
> Minicrits when swinging mid-air
Cons:
> No more scroll wheel b-hops making running away harder
> The downsides of the atomizer itself

I find that the atomizer is rarely used anyways so not many players would be mad if this change is added.
Also, I think it would be fun even if it was added for the guards only. I do remember double jump was added for both at one point and it was pretty fun.

Last edited:

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
"Enforced fairly easily."
Clearly the term "Scout Gang" is lost on you. It's annoying enough with the Wrap Assassin, don't need squads of identical red scouts effortlessly clearing minigames, using their anonymity to their advantage.
With that aside theres also the issue of red melee weapons occasionally being invisible for blus. A scout double jumping with an invisible Atomizer inside a minigame with 10 other reds is NOT something I would say is easy to enforce, and this is coming from someone who regularly goes warden on Turbine.
We already have the Basher for fair minigame boosts & the Force-a-Nature/ Winger for Blus/Rebels, imo this doesn't really have a purpose other than "give red scouts a minigame crutch" :/

Hyped

Rage Inducing
Just go demoknight, you can charge to stop the bleed and destroy them in melee lol. You can't just nerf everything you find annoying :/
So because of one weapon, I'm forced to change classes? Thats just dumb, it only adds more benefits of removing it.
Nerfing something because its UNFUN to fight against, it was done before by the tf2 devs team and I see NO reason to not nerf the stupid thing.
Pls remove, Cold Knights I love you man but that's some weird ass reasoning.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
So because of one weapon, I'm forced to change classes? Thats just dumb, it only adds more benefits of removing it.
Nerfing something because its UNFUN to fight against, it was done before by the tf2 devs team and I see NO reason to not nerf the stupid thing.
One Wrap Assassin's not hard to deal with. 6 or 7 people running it, Scout Gang style? I'd consider that a worthy reason to class change :/

Corrin

Positively Inhumane

Pompous

How about the whole entire red team? Like really once, I was on blue, I never liked being demoknight and I would just be too slow as I couldn't have permission to chase, the whole time, they ran, we tried, we died.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
How about the whole entire red team? Like really once, I was on blue, I never liked being demoknight and I would just be too slow as I couldn't have permission to chase, the whole time, they ran, we tried, we died.
If you don't like demoknight, heavy is another option. The bleed does little more than tickle him, and if you need to eat a sandvich, not even an army of WA scouts could outpace the sandvich's heal. Just be sure theres no one waiting with a real weapon to punish you for it ;p

Hyped

Rage Inducing
ne Wrap Assassin's not hard to deal with. 6 or 7 people running it, Scout Gang style? I'd consider that a worthy reason to class change :/
It does 15 damage and does 40 damage over the course of 8 seconds one person running it and getting free damage off blues with an easy right click shouldn't even be allowed.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
It does 15 damage and does 40 damage over the course of 8 seconds one person running it and getting free damage off blues with an easy right click shouldn't even be allowed.
This will be my last post on the matter, considering the thread is for a completely different issue.
If you are hit by a WA ball, the scout who threw it is forcebaiting, and therefore KoS. If you & the other blus are competent, you should only ever get hit once before terminating the offending scout (assuming oc that this is just 1 scout doing this, something you claim, "shouldn't even be allowed"). Might wanna consider joining Red if one ammo-less scout can cause you so many problems even while you're CRIT BOOSTED ;p

Tax Fraud

The Monkey King
Staff Member
So I guess this turned into scout melees in general so lemme just add my 2
This will be my last post on the matter, considering the thread is for a completely different issue.
If you are hit by a WA ball, the scout who threw it is forcebaiting, and therefore KoS. If you & the other blus are competent, you should only ever get hit once before terminating the offending scout (assuming oc that this is just 1 scout doing this, something you claim, "shouldn't even be allowed"). Might wanna consider joining Red if one ammo-less scout can cause you so many problems even while you're CRIT BOOSTED ;p
Okay even though this is the wrong thread >:[, I’ll just throw in my opinion. While it’s true that the wrap assassin ball does a decent amount of damage, unless you are incompetent or have negative brain cells, you shouldn’t really be standing still that often. You can also add a simple restriction to this one too stating scouts no projectiles which makes it KOS regardless if they hit your or not.

Hyped

Rage Inducing
Okay even though this is the wrong thread >:[, I’ll just throw in my opinion. While it’s true that the wrap assassin ball does a decent amount of damage, unless you are incompetent or have negative brain cells, you shouldn’t really be standing still that often. You can also add a simple restriction to this one too stating scouts no projectiles which makes it KOS regardless if they hit your or not.
Its a 3D game meaning they could just aim their projectiles? And when you are hit you're forced to resort to move away from everyone and get a health kit. A melee shouldn't punish guards for standing still regardless.
Last time I checked dashing to the nearest exit/ getting the easy way out isnt rebelling, so why should pressing m2 grant you free damage on blus?

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom