Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Blackwonder SG Jailbreak admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kawaii Hikamao

Unremarkable

Reucy

So I know this is controversial and a sensitive subject but hear me out please. As a regular in SG jailbreak server and from SG myself, players have encountered an abundance of rulebreakers be it freekillers or warden no mic etc. I do understand there is an admin but due to timezone difference we barely sees him. So therefore up to donators to help out but again donators only have limited powers and does not solve the problem of rulebreakers directly. I do understand that blackwonder is recruiting new admins but with the new admin applications format (where you need a certain degree of activity before you may apply), it is even harder for us asians who have the same timezone to apply for admins. My suggestion may be biased but please hear me out, to counter the problem on SG jailbreak right now, Wouldn't it be wiser to hire an asian admin immediately first rather than going through with all those waiting? Not trying to say blackwonder admin applications is bad and all just maybe like if a player on sg server gets nominated multiple times to be an admin, I believe staff members from blackwonder should start considering to make that player an admin first?

P.S I know my english is horrible sorry

Kawaii Hikamao

Unremarkable

Reucy

I’d rather not give some random admin powers especially those who claim to not be active who could consequentially leave randomly at any time.
yea i understand but hear me out why not we have like 5-10 players nominate that one same player to be admin? Does that justify the random player option since that player has been nominated?

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
yea i understand but hear me out why not we have like 5-10 players nominate that one same player to be admin? Does that justify the random player option since that player has been nominated?
Of the roughly one hundred people that I can guess have played SG, I don’t think giving a handful the right to select an admin would be very fair; Especially when that person gets powers across the whole network.

Kawaii Hikamao

Unremarkable

Reucy

Of the roughly one hundred people that I can guess have played SG, I don’t think giving a handful the right to select an admin would be very fair.
Then what if the admin nominated this player?
Of course there is like only one admin so that might be hard....

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Then what if the admin nominated this player?
Of course there is like only one admin so that might be hard....
Admins don’t just select other people to be possible admins. Anyone with interest to be one should be coming forward on their own. The link above gives basically all the necessities you would need to be an admin and we have all our accepted apps available to public view so you can see what we look for in one.

Kawaii Hikamao

Unremarkable

Reucy

Admins don’t just select other people to be possible admins. Anyone with interest to be one should be coming forward on their own.
and some did but due to the reaching of certain degree of activity... kinda discourages people more

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
and some did but due to the reaching of certain degree of activity... kinda discourages people more
If you aren’t active and don’t play, why bother being an admin? Admins aren’t here to just deal with whatever irritates them while they play, they have the pseudo responsibilities of managing the servers overall.

Daddy Puddin'

Truly Feared
Fairly sure the requirement (to be able to apply) is forum activity.

I don't see how different timezones would stop you from getting in-game activity either; admins can check your logs/connections when you apply.

Giving admin powers to random people, even someone who is "trusted" by multiple people is just asking for a group of friends to abuse the system and get free admin rights.

Kawaii Hikamao

Unremarkable

Reucy

Fairly sure the requirement (to be able to apply) is forum activity.

I don't see how different timezones would stop you from getting in-game activity either; admins can check your logs/connections when you apply.

Giving admin powers to random people, even someone who is "trusted" by multiple people is just asking for a group of friends to abuse the system and get free admin rights.
nonono what i meant by different timezones is for our only admin on dat server not for forum activity oops my bad. Our only admin there is from US i believe since players are always saying he cant be online until very late into the night

hey ya

Dark Elf

obluda

It isn't really a matter of time zones, we just haven't had a viable candidate apply from the SG servers yet. This isn't only a problem with SG, currently TX has some developing problems similar to you guys. As we get admins, the administration on SG should go up, and hopefully we can recruit someone from SG. However while that is true, tuning down the requirements wouldn't be necessary or practical. I hope we will get someone great from SG, but until then, you may have to rely on admins from other regions.

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
we already have an application process, if you think people should be made admins encourage them to apply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom