Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Beware of (GWEP) Generic_Hoovy =WL= on Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Train Overlord

Strange
Ello everyone, wanted to give everyone a quick warning about Generic Hoovy on the server. Now with the recent reports you may think its something related to Jailbreak rules (such as freekilling) however, its for a different reason.

Hoovy is a Scammer that targets players on the server.

I learnt this first hand where Hoovy friended me on the server (on his original account, to be explained later) and then attempted to Scam me the day later. Scammers bump to server to server and I have learnt that this isn't his first scamming attempt however, he chooses to stay on this server and so I believe he is using it for his battle grounds.
If you need evidence refer to my Accepted report on him on SteamRep
Evidence: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198858169447-none-no-items.187305/#post-497652

Now before anyone says it, yes they are the same person (as the names are different) lemme explain. So he used to play on the server on his original account named (GEWP) Hermenetor456 =WL= however, after I reported him on Steamrep and people discovered his Scamming nature his profile received some comments related to him being a Scammer. So he can continue his scamming attempts and escape the comments (I assume) he was getting. He made another Steam Account and named it to a similar name (GWEP) Generic_Hoovy =WL=. He might have gotten away with that attempt to hide however, he was stupid enough to say "I am Hermenetor456 but I got hacked so I made a new account" on his Description"

There is many scammers out there with different technique's and some are easier to detect then others and some are easier to be tricked then some. Having the knowledge of a Scammer is useful especially if they play on the same server as you.

Also. Now there is a chance what he is saying is true and he was infact hacked and there is no harm to him. However, his previous account is now renamed to the same False administrator which he attempted to lure me into last time. Now I understand there is a small chance his account was hacked and still is. However, if he was hacked no one would just let the Hacker have it, rename it and allow the account to be the Scammers new account and move on without doing something about it. Steam could easily shut the account down if it was hacked and a little evidence which im sure he could provide but instead that didn't occur.

Since I got no evidence on whenever his previous account was in fact hacked (despite it being extremely low). Just keep a mindful eye if he friends you out of the blue.

Fun fact: I was going to report him on the forums before he changed accounts about his scamming attempt however, was told by Admin on the discord that he can't be banned on the server for this.

Attachments

• hm.PNG
    hm.PNG
    187.7 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:

Alex.bsp

Professional Nap Taker
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Making a thread to try and warn people about him is useless. You reported him on steamrep and it got accepted, so there was no need to make this thread. We don't handle scammers here, unless there is clear evidence that the scammer is using our servers as a way to target players, we can't do much. If he is scamming on alts, make a report on steamrep and let them know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom